+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
funky said:
woww...... 2 months after ppr and could b more if travel history......... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
2 months seems to be an average time for ND people to make a decision these days...I believe it is the minimum time taken by them if your case is very straight forward and interview has been waived. ( straight forward in eyes of the officer not the applicant ;) ;))

For me a straight forward case is - an arranged marriage held with all traditions and rituals (enough photos of which attached as a proof), same religion/cast/nationality, not much age difference, No travel history, not much difference in the education level, enough evidences of genuine relationship enclosed with the application.

Now this is just my opinion and any deviation from above mentioned criteria does not necessarily mean that your application will definitely take longer then usual time but these cases demand more scrutiny as an immigration officer.

lovergirl

Aug 3, 2011
once the decision is made ...whats is the next step by new delhi office .. will i get PPR ??? and how many days will it take .

funky

Star Member
Nov 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd Aug 2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
11th Oct 2011
Med's Done....
27th June 2011
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
9th Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
Leaving on 18th Feb 2012
kuku said:
2 months seems to be an average time for ND people to make a decision these days...I believe it is the minimum time taken by them if your case is very straight forward and interview has been waived. ( straight forward in eyes of the officer not the applicant ;) ;))

For me a straight forward case is - an arranged marriage held with all traditions and rituals (enough photos of which attached as a proof), same religion/cast/nationality, not much age difference, No travel history, not much difference in the education level, enough evidences of genuine relationship enclosed with the application.

Now this is just my opinion and any deviation from above mentioned criteria does not necessarily mean that your application will definitely take longer then usual time but these cases demand more scrutiny as an immigration officer.
i hope they gonna take minimum time... in our case everything is genuine but i have travel history and i have already attached my pcc from my traveled countries.

funky

Star Member
Nov 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd Aug 2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
11th Oct 2011
Med's Done....
27th June 2011
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
9th Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
Leaving on 18th Feb 2012
lovergirl said:
once the decision is made ...whats is the next step by new delhi office .. will i get PPR ??? and how many days will it take .
first clear decision made of what ?? sponsorship approval or Permanent resident ???

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Today the TRV application (for my wife) reached CHC-ND
This is the 4th time TRV.

It will be interesting to see the outcome.
and good for "discussion fodder"

I also wrote an email to CHC .....

Only a person with less understanding and or clinically proven mental disability will stay back in Canada on a "Temporary Status" without understanding that a PR provides much greater relief then TR.

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
sivathegreat said:
Today the TRV application (for my wife) reached CHC-ND
This is the 4th time TRV.

It will be interesting to see the outcome.
and good for "discussion fodder"

I also wrote an email to CHC .....

Only a person with less understanding and or clinically proven mental disability will stay back in Canada on a "Temporary Status" without understanding that a PR provides much greater relief then TR.
lol..

Officer is gonna give you hard time on that.. :D :D

Did your wife also send the passport along with TRV application?

B

balibali

Hi
This is my first post.
Would really appreciate it if u can help me understand how this spousal sponsorship works.
I am a PR and sponsoring my wife in India & the application forwarded to new delhi

So My ECAS says

We received your application to sponsor ********* on September 23, 2011.
We sent you a letter on December 5, 2011 about the decision on your application.

this is the email i received on December 5th 2011
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

the medical and police verification is already done which i have forwarded with my application

How long do u think i have to wait ?

Thanks

B

balibali

Hi
This is my first post.
Would really appreciate it if u can help me understand how this spousal sponsorship works.
I am a PR and sponsoring my wife in India & the application forwarded to new delhi

So My ECAS says

We received your application to sponsor *************** on September 23, 2011.
We sent you a letter on December 5, 2011 about the decision on your application.

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

the medicl and police verification is already done which i have forwarded with my application

Thanks

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
balibali said:
Hi
This is my first post.

So My ECAS says

We received your application to sponsor *************** on September 23, 2011.

the medicl and police verification is already done which i have forwarded with my application

Thanks
Hi, welcome to the thread.

It means that you are eligible to sponsor your spouse and that your file has been transferred to New Delhi. You should be receiving a letter asking for your passport in this month through mail/email. This is followed by a background check and an evaluation of your marriage to see if it's genuine. If they have any doubts about the marriage or any other issues, they will call your spouse for an interview. If the interview is waived, you will get the visa in about 4-6 months time from now.

Hope this helps. Any other questions, you can ask away. This is a very helpful forum.

All the best :)

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
kuku said:
lol..

Officer is gonna give you hard time on that.. :D :D

Did your wife also send the passport along with TRV application?
Let them come!
I am ready for a fight!

This world is not worth the meekness!
No body can give me a "hard time" for a person who has "renounced" everything.

Anyway they are logicless people and consider that they are living thier life for the IRPA
and they are too lazy for a fight! and I have not disrecpected any one.

Ofcourse pass port has to be sent with TRV.

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
sivathegreat said:
Let them come!
I am ready for a fight!

This world is not worth the meekness!
No body can give me a "hard time" for a person who has "renounced" everything.

Anyway they are logicless people and consider that they are living thier life for the IRPA
and they are too lazy for a fight! and I have not disrecpected any one.

Ofcourse pass port has to be sent with TRV.

Well you seems to be a quite angry young man !! :) :)

Relax dude...

As per your time line, you should most probably get PPR within next couple of weeks any ways...So applying for TRV at this time does not really make sense to me.. Even if it gets approved, you might have to re submit your passport even before you will realize that your TRV has been approved and you can fly.

Good Luck

B

balibali

shamsia said:
Hi, welcome to the thread.

It means that you are eligible to sponsor your spouse and that your file has been transferred to New Delhi. You should be receiving a letter asking for your passport in this month through mail/email. This is followed by a background check and an evaluation of your marriage to see if it's genuine. If they have any doubts about the marriage or any other issues, they will call your spouse for an interview. If the interview is waived, you will get the visa in about 4-6 months time from now.

Hope this helps. Any other questions, you can ask away. This is a very helpful forum.

All the best :)
Thanks shamsia - but thats too long.
One of my friends, sponsored her husband and he landed in canada within 4 months of application.
this was just a few months back, in june i think.
has the process changed ?

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
balibali said:
One of my friends, sponsored her husband and he landed in canada within 4 months of application.
thats true.. Even though it says 6 months on web site.. most of applications get over within 4-5 months of file received at CPC-M ( not at CHC ND).. This is what I have observed over last few months amongst people who I know closely or distantly. But it really depends on complexity of the case. Each case is different.

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
another reason why it was taking short time before Aug 2011 was, sponsorship approval days were 35-45. It has been almost doubled in next 2 months. So if you count total time from the application received at CPC-M it will be shorter than what it is at present.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
balibali said:
One thing that has definitely changed is the time for receiving the 'sponsorship approval'. If you notice the timelines of people who applied before June 2011, they received the letter from Missisauga in under a months time. From June onwards, the timeline has been steadily increasing and now stands at 67 days. So yeah, you have lost almost two and a months over there even before your file has been transferred to New Delhi.

And after that, it takes, on an average, 6 months. Usually, if its a straightforward case, no travel history, same religion, long relationship history, well-documented application, then it takes under 6 months. Each case is different, I suggest you look at your case in its entirety because luck plays a major role :)