+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Pamelanie

Oct 24, 2021
Hello Everyone

The last mail I got from VFS was on the 28th of October that said my passport was in transit to IRCC office in Accra for processing. Since then I’ve not gotten any update. I called VFS today and they said my passport is still in the embassy and hasn’t been released to them yet. Please is this normal? Should I be worried?? My application was approved on the 26th with counterfoil so I really don’t know why they’ll hold onto the passport for this long.

One thing I can’t seem to understand is how people that send directly to Accra seems to get theirs processed faster and sent back to them in two weeks but those sending through VFS Abuja or Lagos gets to wait for a month and a half. Are there separate departments that’s work of them.

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Congratulations Iamqueendee. So happy for you, the wait is over, you can now be with your love once.
Hello Vbabe, how did your interview go? What kind of questions did they ask? My sister has been invited for a similar interview end of November. It would be helpful to know what to expect. Thanks

Neyoyo

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Hello Everyone

The last mail I got from VFS was on the 28th of October that said my passport was in transit to IRCC office in Accra for processing. Since then I’ve not gotten any update. I called VFS today and they said my passport is still in the embassy and hasn’t been released to them yet. Please is this normal? Should I be worried?? My application was approved on the 26th with counterfoil so I really don’t know why they’ll hold onto the passport for this long.

One thing I can’t seem to understand is how people that send directly to Accra seems to get theirs processed faster and sent back to them in two weeks but those sending through VFS Abuja or Lagos gets to wait for a month and a half. Are there separate departments that’s work of them.
That's the million dollar question.

Vbabe

Sep 16, 2021
Hello Vbabe, how did your interview go? What kind of questions did they ask? My sister has been invited for a similar interview end of November. It would be helpful to know what to expect. Thanks
Hello Ofonzo.
Major questions are base on area of concern.
But generally your sister will be asked where she works and dates. What her spouse does in Canada and place of work and position. Date of birth of spouse, if there are previous marriages please let her know details ( why the separation, date of divorce, how long was the marriage etc). Date of proposal, date of marriage, I wasn't asked details about children but I think you should know details because you maybe asked if any. Need to be truthful and let IO know If there are visa refusals. Address of spouse, date of your marriage. How and when you met. Dates of visits. Etc.
She need to know details about her spouse. I believe she will be fine with this.

Reactions: Abayomi1111

Vbabe

Sep 16, 2021
Hello Ofonzo.
But generally your sister will be asked where she works and dates. What her spouse does in Canada and place of work and position. Date of birth of spouse, if there are previous marriages please let her know details ( why the separation, date of divorce, how long was the marriage etc). Date of proposal, date of marriage, I wasn't asked details about children but I think you should know details because you maybe asked if any. Need to be truthful and let IO know If there are visa refusals. Address of spouse, date of your marriage. How and when you met. Dates of visits. Etc.
She need to know details about her spouse. I believe she will be fine with this.
My interview lasted for about an hour plus. The IO was very friendly. But I have read on this forum some people interview lasted for 2hrs plus. So I think it depends on the IO. I wish her all the best.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hello Everyone

So the difference is that using vfs lagos/Abuja is additional transits. And these transits are hoarding passports in bulk to move. Whereas direct makes courier service skip the vfs transit. Not 100% sure but I think its all got to do with the cost. When vfs charges they prolly charge lesser and also they hv a kinda partnership wf de couriers and hence they don't tend to rush their deliveries.

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Hello Ofonzo.
Thanks so much for the heads up Vbabe, my sister will definitely be surprised at the detail of questions. I don’t think she expects something like this. Thanks again.

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
I just got PPR and Pre-arrival less than 24 hours after my interview at IOM yesterday.
I'm an April 2021 Applicant
Congrats! Wow that was quick, did you get the same questions as Vbabe or where your questions different?

I just got PPR and Pre-arrival less than 24 hours after my interview at IOM yesterday.
I'm an April 2021 Applicant

Reactions: Naebae

Naebae

Sep 16, 2021
Congrats! Wow that was quick, did you get the same questions as Vbabe or where your questions different?
I can say they are similar cos I was asked about my husband's work and past relationships. I was also asked about my current occupation and address, when we had our wedding, what I intend to do when I get to Canada, what attracted me to my husband.

My interview was less than 20 minutes so she didn't really ask much.

Reactions: Daffodil30