Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Awwwn. Just sit tight. Lol... its funny but honestly not funny.
July 26 - Sent passport via DHL to VFS Lagos.
July 27 - VFS Lagos sends tracking number and update that passport is in Transit to IRCC.
Aug 12 - VSF Accra Sent acknowledgement that they have received document. (By the way I saw an update on GC Key Online account requesting for additional document called "observation" that made no sense, so I uploaded the data page of passport).
Aug 24 - Update in Online account showing COPR and Visa details.
Aug 26 - VSF Ghana Received Document
Sept 2 - Passport returned to VSF lagos.
Sept 3 - Passport collected by courier on that Friday to be dispatched next working day.
Sept 6 - Received Passport from Courier @ home. They used UPS.

So total time from when passport was sent (July 26) till date it was returned (Sept 6) was 6 annoying weeks.

Meanwhile, someone living in Ghana that sent passport to their VSF Accra office till passport return took only 10 days. E be tinz oooo...

Just sit tight and keep praying it comes on time, but expected the unexpected or rather the "expected" (6 weeks or more).
Processing officers can frustrate the hell out of you and even cause your blood pressure to have issues....

So when you give them something to work on and for your own good and health sake, just let their own time take it full course....

Always, be ready that if IRCC comes in with your applications, all hell starts breaking loose.....

And hey, in case you don't know, this is Canadian immigration we are talking about here and nobody can tell them what to do and they do things in their own timing as to when , how, what, who, which etc and all that matters in decision making..

So you don't have any say or even a right here...so just enjoy the ride to be frustrated if you want to apply for anything.....

It is their call! And how dare you to try to mess up with their timing in decision making? Didn't somebody tell you before committing yourself by trying to apply for anything? In fact, you have no right.

They have the last and final say. It is like they are the gods and lords who makes up when something should happen for somebody.

Forget about your feelings in the presence of processing officers because they have the final say on your matters in your life.

So please, somebody, please tell someone to tell another that if they meet another person, they should tell them to tell another person they also meet that, they also should tell someone etc that, with IRCC your timeline, health risk and feeling etc are all irrelevant until they decides and what needs to happen in your matters in infront of them in the name of application!!

A story we all sing songs about!!

Hmmm!!

Last edited:

debog2506

Jul 4, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please is there anyone who is currently in Canada and whose application is in Accra? I got PPR since Aug 13, and sent several webforms and emails informing Accra that I am already in Canada but no answer and no news.
Thank you very much for your reply.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please is there anyone who is currently in Canada and whose application is in Accra? I got PPR since Aug 13, and sent several webforms and emails informing Accra that I am already in Canada but no answer and no news.
Thank you very much for your reply.
Thats so unfortunate. Those pple have definitely seen ur email and are not bothered. Truth is you should've inform them once you change address and won't be back in the 30 days requesting for passport. In that case they normally transfer your file to your current location. Am sure they feel they are done and file closed. If you saying 13 August is it yet due their date of submission?

Please if there is a way to get ur passport to Ghana before the 30days just do it because once it exceeds you would be frustrated again. But that's if there really ain't no response from their side, cos if there is they would instruct you to send it to the nearest visa office. Would advice start contacting friends and family to pull strings for you in submitting the passport.

debog2506

Jul 4, 2019
Thats so unfortunate. Those pple have definitely seen ur email and are not bothered. Truth is you should've inform them once you change address and won't be back in the 30 days requesting for passport. In that case they normally transfer your file to your current location. Am sure they feel they are done and file closed. If you saying 13 August is it yet due their date of submission?

Please if there is a way to get ur passport to Ghana before the 30days just do it because once it exceeds you would be frustrated again. But that's if there really ain't no response from their side, cos if there is they would instruct you to send it to the nearest visa office. Would advice start contacting friends and family to pull strings for you in submitting the passport.
Unfortunately the 30 days window is finished now
The day i received the PPR they gave instructions asking to reply back in 5 days if I am already in Canada, which I did immediately.

But since then nothing. Even after my several mails and webforms.

I dont know what to do.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Unfortunately the 30 days window is finished now
The day i received the PPR they gave instructions asking to reply back in 5 days if I am already in Canada, which I did immediately.

But since then nothing. Even after my several mails and webforms.

I dont know what to do.
Wow, sorry for you. So for me, if was me I would find someone trustworthy get him/her the passport in Accra add a signed letter with an explanation on why it exceeded the 30days and if possible screenshot of you emailing their office. Atleast worst case is they just return the passport with or without the visa.

Sorry and hope they reply you soon. These guys are just like dat, they only reply when they feel like ooooh. So for me I don't even mind them and using my MP to contact em. Try using the MP to contact atleast Accra picks exactly when they ring so you would definitely get feedback and advice using the MP.

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
The
Wow, sorry for you. So for me, if was me I would find someone trustworthy get him/her the passport in Accra add a signed letter with an explanation on why it exceeded the 30days and if possible screenshot of you emailing their office. Atleast worst case is they just return the passport with or without the visa.

Sorry and hope they reply you soon. These guys are just like dat, they only reply when they feel like ooooh. So for me I don't even mind them and using my MP to contact em. Try using the MP to contact atleast Accra picks exactly when they ring so you would definitely get feedback and advice using the MP.
The first paragraph makes sense to me too

Reactions: Dimilitantey

debog2506

Jul 4, 2019

I will do that.

Thanks so much

Reactions: Dimilitantey

debog2506

Jul 4, 2019
Hi

For application including dependents, do the dependent also receive their own permanent residency confirmation, or their names are just listed on the principal applicant permanent residency confirmation?

Thanks for your help

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi

For application including dependents, do the dependent also receive their own permanent residency confirmation, or their names are just listed on the principal applicant permanent residency confirmation?

Thanks for your help
Honestly no clue abt this. If no feedback here you could start a new thread about your inquiry and hopefully some angle can leave you a comment.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi

Thanks for your help
If they are below certain age yes but above certain age no....if they are children and in the form it was listed as accompanying then children to age 12 or so will be allowed but those above 18 needs to be sponsored entirely