16-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
I can't give you a precise answer but I will just tell you what I did because I got same request in addition to date of commencement of relationship and date of proposal. Just narrate how you met and how you started the relationship, some chats or mails showing how conversations started should do as well. Add more casual photos of you and your spouse too, if there are proposal pictures, add it too. All the best!
Ok. They requested for pictures too

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
I didnt get any additional document request but I will suggest that you provide anything and everything that validates your relationship.
With mine I provided
1) Marriage certificate (Registry + Church)
2) Pre-marriage class certificates
3) My baptismal card to show my spouse name (under sacrament of marriage details of partner)
4) whatsapp chats btw us
5) Clippings of our wedding posted on blogs
6) clippins of our wedding posted by family on social media - IG and Facebook.
7) My account statement that showed I was always collecting money from him.
8) pictures of church, trad, court and casual outings (max 20)

Just add everything and anything that helps your case. Nothing is too much oooo...
They specifically stated they want pictures of traditional marriage

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
They specifically stated they want pictures of traditional marriage
Okay.
When u send pictures, abeg send "strategic" pix.
So I don't know your culture but with mine I put pix where I was giving him palmwine cos its symbolic I my culture...also where he was prostrating with his friends... places where we were kneeling in front of my family for prayers.. even pix with your siblings wearing uniform attire if you have, and where you both were wearing uniform. Just frustrate them with pictures that they never ask again.

• Love
Reactions: Penny.a

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Okay...

Given your example, if I land in Toronto and my final destination is Calgary, where will I go through immigration? Is it Toronto or Calgary?

Also at Toronto would I have to take my luggage and be responsible for checking it into the Calgary flight (whether or not I go through immigration in Toronto or Calgary)?

Cos someone gave me conflicting info and just wanted to clarify here.

Thanks
If your destination is Calgary why wasting enough money and time and going all the way to Pearson Airport, Toronto when you can get down at YVR, Vancouver, BC and the next province to BC where YVR is, is Alberta and you can go to Calgary from YVR and not waste all this money, time, pressure and mind you, PEARSON AIRPORT, toronto is the biggest airport in Canada with many delays because you aren't the only one trying to go to your destinations so there will be delays...go to YVR, Vancouver, BC to Calgary....

Last edited:
Reactions: Nneji

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
If your destination is Calgary why wasting enough money and time and going all the way to Pearson Airport, Toronto when you can get down at YVR, Vancouver, BC and the next province to BC where YVR is, is Alberta and you can go to Calgary from YVR and not waste all this money, time, pressure and mind you, PEARSON AIRPORT, toronto is the biggest airport in Canada with many delays because you aren't the only one trying to go to your destinations so there will be delays...go to YVR, Vancouver, BC to Calgary....
That's very valid. Though my destination isn't Calgary. Was just an example to know where immigration and baggage claim happens first when u need to make a connecting flight in Canada.
But thanks

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
@Nneji @Polished Pillar When are you traveling? I'm still asking about this Covid test thing. Do you know if we can take the test from any clinic or there are list of approved test taking centres?
Yes you can take the test from any clinic, cos most are already partnered with the approved clinic lists. I did mine when I visited in Nov 2020 in an approved clinic and my cousin who returned to Canada in Aug 29, 2021 did in a lab (but results had the name of another clinic name cos they are partners) Both results came out same day. So yes you can. What you should confirm from them is when their results come out. Most times when u go in the morning, results will come out same day. I will advise that you do your test 1 day before you travel so it comes out same day. Your test must be valid 72 hours before departure but if you are taking a connecting flight to Canada (as we all are) then it must be valid 72 hours before your flight to Canada.

This link below is the list of approved labs that do the covid test:
https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/privatelabs/

Oh I am not travelling to Canada. I am the sponsor.

Reactions: AVODamn!!!

AVODamn!!!

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Yes you can take the test from any clinic, cos most are already partnered with the approved clinic lists. I did mine when I visited in Nov 2020 in an approved clinic and my cousin who returned to Canada in Aug 29, 2021 did in a lab (but results had the name of another clinic name cos they are partners) Both results came out same day. So yes you can. What you should confirm from them is when their results come out. Most times when u go in the morning, results will come out same day. I will advise that you do your test 1 day before you travel so it comes out same day. Your test must be valid 72 hours before departure but if you are taking a connecting flight to Canada (as we all are) then it must be valid 72 hours before your flight to Canada.

This link below is the list of approved labs that do the covid test:
https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/privatelabs/

Oh I am not travelling to Canada. I am the sponsor.
Thanks

Reactions: Nneji

IamChinelo

Jul 26, 2021
I can't give you a precise answer but I will just tell you what I did because I got same request in addition to date of commencement of relationship and date of proposal. Just narrate how you met and how you started the relationship, some chats or mails showing how conversations started should do as well. Add more casual photos of you and your spouse too, if there are proposal pictures, add it too. All the best!
@Ok2018,
Have you been able to get PPR after you sent your additional documents. When was this please,

I was also asked for same thing in June, it was received in July 27th and afterwards nothing from them yet
My timeline reads, “We started processing your application on July 29th 2021.
Also, my ECAS changed from “Application received” to “In Process

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
@Nneji @Polished Pillar When are you traveling? I'm still asking about this Covid test thing. Do you know if we can take the test from any clinic or there are list of approved test taking centres?
Well, I was in Africa this June, 2021...And if you are taking a test for covid....If you want to do vaccine there are recommended ones accepted by Canada but if you doing just covid test....You will need to do the PCR which will make you board a plane and that is still in session until now...I had to pay PCR test with lifelab here in Vancouver, get a certificate because they check it at the port of entry and when I got to my country which is ghana, I had to do another test at the airport. On my way coming back to Canada just after 10 days, I had to do another PCR test to board the plane and when I got to YVR Vancouver Airport, I had to do another covid test right there, paid $1000 to stay in a hotel and waited for the results and after a day, I left and came home to my residence but that payment of hotel stay is no longer in place so you won't waste resources....just do what is recommended and required by Canada and you are safe

Reactions: AVODamn!!!

AVODamn!!!

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Well, I was in Africa this June, 2021...And if you are taking a test for covid....If you want to do vaccine there are recommended ones accepted by Canada but if you doing just covid test....You will need to do the PCR which will make you board a plane and that is still in session until now...I had to pay PCR test with lifelab here in Vancouver, get a certificate because they check it at the port of entry and when I got to my country which is ghana, I had to do another test at the airport. On my way coming back to Canada just after 10 days, I had to do another PCR test to board the plane and when I got to YVR Vancouver Airport, I had to do another covid test right there, paid $1000 to stay in a hotel and waited for the results and after a day, I left and came home to my residence but that payment of hotel stay is no longer in place so you won't waste resources....just do what is recommended and required by Canada and you are safe
I think the PCR test done is just to be able to board the flight. Canada also conduct their own test on arrival.

Last edited:

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
@Ok2018,
Have you been able to get PPR after you sent your additional documents. When was this please,

I was also asked for same thing in June, it was received in July 27th and afterwards nothing from them yet
My timeline reads, “We started processing your application on July 29th 2021.
Also, my ECAS changed from “Application received” to “In Process
I got ADR July 19th, i sent the documents 20th, acknowlegement of documents received on 26th July. I didn't hear from them until 27th of August when i got medical request. Ecas shows they started processing August 24th. Have you done medicals already?

IamChinelo

Jul 26, 2021
I got ADR July 19th, i sent the documents 20th, acknowlegement of documents received on 26th July. I didn't hear from them until 27th of August when i got medical request. Ecas shows they started processing August 24th. Have you done medicals already?
Yes, I got medical request before ADR

Reactions: Ok2018