+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
This is right, your final destination should be your port of entry. I didn't read through the whole message
Nope...
Not port of entry. Your port of entry is the first place/city u land in Canada even if you have another connecting flight to a different city in Canada.

What I am asking is if for example your port of entry (first entry point into Canada) is Toronto and your final destination is say Calgary, are you responsible for transferring your baggage yourself from the Toronto Airport to the connecting flight (Calgary) after you go through immigration in Toronto?

Can someone clarify pls?.

AVODamn!!!

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Nope...
Not port of entry. Your port of entry is the first place/city u land in Canada even if you have another connecting flight to a different city in Canada.

What I am asking is if for example your port of entry (first entry point into Canada) is Toronto and your final destination is say Calgary, are you responsible for transferring your baggage yourself from the Toronto Airport to the connecting flight (Calgary) after you go through immigration in Toronto?

Can someone clarify pls?.
Canada has about 4 big airports, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver. If for instance you landed in Toronto and will be going to another province through their local airport, the Toronto becomes your port of entry. That means the last international airport you landed would be your port of entry.

Reactions: Akissi18 and Nneji

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
Canada has about 4 big airports, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver. If for instance you landed in Toronto and will be going to another province through their local airport, the Toronto becomes your port of entry. That means the last international airport you landed would be your port of entry.
Okay...

Given your example, if I land in Toronto and my final destination is Calgary, where will I go through immigration? Is it Toronto or Calgary?

Also at Toronto would I have to take my luggage and be responsible for checking it into the Calgary flight (whether or not I go through immigration in Toronto or Calgary)?

Cos someone gave me conflicting info and just wanted to clarify here.

Thanks

AVODamn!!!

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Okay...

Given your example, if I land in Toronto and my final destination is Calgary, where will I go through immigration? Is it Toronto or Calgary?

Also at Toronto would I have to take my luggage and be responsible for checking it into the Calgary flight (whether or not I go through immigration in Toronto or Calgary)?

Cos someone gave me conflicting info and just wanted to clarify here.

Thanks
Your final destination is Calgary. You will not leave Toronto airport. You'll go through immigration in Calgary.

Reactions: Nneji

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
Your final destination is Calgary. You will not leave Toronto airport. You'll go through immigration in Calgary.
Just confirmed.
Immigration will be at Toronto not Calgary. It's the first point of entry into Canada not the final destination in Canada.
But thanks...

Reactions: AVODamn!!!

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Please if they need additional documents and they request for progression of relationship and any other proof of relationship what do they expect?

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Please if they need additional documents and they request for progression of relationship and any other proof of relationship what do they expect?
I can't give you a precise answer but I will just tell you what I did because I got same request in addition to date of commencement of relationship and date of proposal. Just narrate how you met and how you started the relationship, some chats or mails showing how conversations started should do as well. Add more casual photos of you and your spouse too, if there are proposal pictures, add it too. All the best!

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
I didnt get any additional document request but I will suggest that you provide anything and everything that validates your relationship.
With mine I provided
1) Marriage certificate (Registry + Church)
2) Pre-marriage class certificates
3) My baptismal card to show my spouse name (under sacrament of marriage details of partner)
4) whatsapp chats btw us
5) Clippings of our wedding posted on blogs
6) clippins of our wedding posted by family on social media - IG and Facebook.
7) My account statement that showed I was always collecting money from him.
8) pictures of church, trad, court and casual outings (max 20)

Just add everything and anything that helps your case. Nothing is too much oooo...