+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Kay3k

Aug 19, 2021
You would need to contact Accra VFS. I can't provide any helpful info.
I didnt pay for courier initially. I only just paid today when I got the "ready for collection email from VFS which even said to contact VFS Nigeria for further info". But VFS Lagos said the doc is still in transit so I just figured it's in Accra and on its way to Lagos.
So like I said, contact your Accra office. You should be able to call them and even email cos they respond to emails same day (at least VFS Lagos, cos don't know much about the Accra office).
OK I emailed them, waiting for their reply.

Reactions: Nneji
Aug 20, 2021
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Accra
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. Xxxxxxxxxxx has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO.

I'm a bit worried, have anyone had this experience before?
This email is supposed to come before the ready for collection email tho

Kay3k

Aug 19, 2021
I just got this mail too

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID has been received from the IRCC Office on Thu Aug 26 2021 and will be dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre where you applied or at the courier address provided by you at the time of submission of your application. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

AVODamn!!!

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
I just got this mail too

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID has been received from the IRCC Office on Thu Aug 26 2021 and will be dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre where you applied or at the courier address provided by you at the time of submission of your application. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.
They just received the passports from IRCC, they'll now sort/scan and send to you if your in Ghana or send to Nigerian Vfs for those who applied through them.

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
I just got this mail too

You have nothing to worry about, we got the same VFS notification. The next day we received notification from DHL (waybill number provided) that our package is scheduled for delivery today by end of day.

Our last notification from VFS , reads:

"The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID no. XXXXXXXXXXXX has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Ghana OC on 8/11/2021 10:02:20 AM via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs."

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
I just got this mail too

Yes same here,
I got this exact email as well.

VFS Lagos said that they would send me a "Courier Form" to fill and I should submit it along with my evidence of payment for the one-way courier service (that's when my passport arrives in Lagos of cos).

Anyway you are on track, and being in Ghana would probably mean getting your very soon.
Hopefully those of us in Nigeria get our passports before this month ends too.

Ali Al-Hassan

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Ontario
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
12-04-2021
Med's Done....
29-04-2021
I applied in August 2020 , was asked to do my medical in April without even doing my biometrics yet is this right or did I mis that part
Normally they ask for your bio first? Have you already done one in the last few years?

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hello AVO Squad,

Been a while and is cos I ddnt wana kill the mood of the PPR'S crew in here. Congrats to yall once again and wish a Happy Reunion soon with the family.

But pls are there still pple in the boat still on water not knowing our destination till now. Been a while I saw any DM, PPR or even medical request from this platform. Am I the only one left. Looks like the 2021 squad of AVO till as late as March have sorta been cleared if not all, some pple. And just hoping they attend to us of last year.

Reactions: Nykendukwe

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
I applied in August 2020 , was asked to do my medical in April without even doing my biometrics yet is this right or did I mis that part
The way this team works is very unpredictable, if u haven't done some in the past. Do contact them to request for it. Moreover, if it's exceeded a year do contact your MP and their team might push for that step to be done since it normally comes before medicals as you said.

Ali Al-Hassan

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Ontario
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
12-04-2021
Med's Done....
29-04-2021
Hello AVO Squad,

Been a while and is cos I ddnt wana kill the mood of the PPR'S crew in here. Congrats to yall once again and wish a Happy Reunion soon with the family.

But pls are there still pple in the boat still on water not knowing our destination till now. Been a while I saw any DM, PPR or even medical request from this platform. Am I the only one left. Looks like the 2021 squad of AVO till as late as March have sorta been cleared if not all, some pple. And just hoping they attend to us of last year.
Your not alone. I pray we hear good news

Ali Al-Hassan

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Ontario
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
12-04-2021
Med's Done....
29-04-2021
The way this team works is very unpredictable, if u haven't done some in the past. Do contact them to request for it. Moreover, if it's exceeded a year do contact your MP and their team might push for that step to be done since it normally comes before medicals as you said.
Sadly even the MP can't help in some cases. They gave the MP the exact same answer they were giving me

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Sadly even the MP can't help in some cases. They gave the MP the exact same answer they were giving me
Wow, that's not encouraging on their side at all.

From my experience contacting the MP needs some crazy steps. When we 1st contacted the MP this lady from their office had taken down our info promising to attend to it. I then asked my wife to call them again and imagine this lady had taken leave js the next day to resume the following week. Asked me wife to be convincing on phone how its important and affecting us. So the new lady took it on priority called ircc sharp wf a response. Unfortunately MP said my file is almost done and hence they can't do much but they would try their best. She gave us some bit of explanation from IRCC as to why it takes longer, something about background checks and stuff. She gave us her personal email to contact anytime we have inquiry or are bothered about something. We are just waiting now as she kept us calm.

So I guess it normally depends on who handles your query at the MP office. The first lady kept telln us to not expect much as many people are in our shoes and hence can take longer than expected, and this was when she hadn't even made a move and also went on leave the following day. We improvised and got intouch with an angel.

Not sure if this experience helps but you could try them again with a compassionate email on how yall worried.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
It's so sad to see this happen. Things should be done serially, first come first served basis. Apparently not the case with AVO. smh.
IKR, it is what it is. Only thing to be hopeful now. And it all makes sense why they always have backlogs with people dating as back as 2018 at times. I really don't belive in that first come thing, I am sure people are selective of the files they work on. Apparently my file in queue whilst 2021 files are being finalised. So left it for GOD and the MP to do the rest of the job.