+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
For us we received BIL on May 21 and MR Jul 7, so let's say 1 month and two weeks.

However, before the pandemic AVO would take approx 5-6 months to issue MR from application lock-in date. Again, everyone's situation differs, but this is the trend I noticed from reading member's experiences from this thread (2017).

Our application lock-in date is: Jan 28, 2021. We're at the 5 months mark.
Wow

alex123ng

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
Please, can anybody confirm if there's a problem with GCKEY log in right now?
Haven't been able to log in since yesterday. At first it would send me to the ircc home page, but now, it ends with a blank screen.

Wiriam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Please, can anybody confirm if there's a problem with GCKEY log in right now?
Haven't been able to log in since yesterday. At first it would send me to the ircc home page, but now, it ends with a blank screen.
Same here .... Since yesterday too

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Has anyone had a request for a new police certificate?
I’m trying to be proactive in case they request it, I want it to be on hand. But if I had a bit of insight on when to expect the possible request, that might help.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Has anyone had a request for a new police certificate?
I’m trying to be proactive in case they request it, I want it to be on hand. But if I had a bit of insight on when to expect the possible request, that might help.
IKR, is js be prepared beforehand. I really hope they don't request for it. Normally they aren't suppose to even request it but I guess if they wanna release workload from themselves they might request it. Is a 50-50 possibility. They did to some previous applicants as well as didn't for others.

rosamor228

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Is there anybody here that submitted the application feb 2020 still not hearing anything from accra ghana. We are on that situation

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Is there anybody here that submitted the application feb 2020 still not hearing anything from accra ghana. We are on that situation
Hi there, js wanted to know, if was submitted Feb 2020, has it yet been transferred to Accra or you just assumed it. Have you received the Sponsor Approval yet. Only because if no SA yet then you should be contacting the CPC in Canada where file was sent. That must be hard over a year and nothing at all. At times you need prompt them so if you contact the right office with file hopefully something might happen.

rosamor228

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hi there, js wanted to know, if was submitted Feb 2020, has it yet been transferred to Accra or you just assumed it. Have you received the Sponsor Approval yet. Only because if no SA yet then you should be contacting the CPC in Canada where file was sent. That must be hard over a year and nothing at all. At times you need prompt them so if you contact the right office with file hopefully something might happen.
I received a letter that they forwarded my application to Accra. All passed except security is not started when our MP called last June 2020. But still not hearing from Accra until then.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
I received a letter that they forwarded my application to Accra. All passed except security is not started when our MP called last June 2020. But still not hearing from Accra until then.
Oh okay, uh it surely is with them. How about direct email to them as well as webform. Sure you did all this already. And no response at all. Did you also use a representative because at times they contact them rather. Js wondering. Cos they normally respond so really wierd.

rosamor228

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Oh okay, uh it surely is with them. How about direct email to them as well as webform. Sure you did all this already. And no response at all. Did you also use a representative because at times they contact them rather. Js wondering. Cos they normally respond so really wierd.
I'm the one who sponsor my husband. I was thinking If I need help of the rep or lawyer at this time that all paper work has no problem only the waiting time is too much. Is it wise to consult an immigration agent at this of our application status?

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
I'm the one who sponsor my husband. I was thinking If I need help of the rep or lawyer at this time that all paper work has no problem only the waiting time is too much. Is it wise to consult an immigration agent at this of our application status?
Oh okay, I only asked because I was wondering why they haven't replied any of your enquiries unless there is a representative. I don't think getting an agent now can do much as they were not included in the initial submission as a representative. I had a friend who tried seeking help from an agent but they refused saying they do not know about his file and hence no grounds to work on it.

Oh and if you the sponsor, has your husband PA tried contacting them with his UCI or APP No using webform or email. Because I remember once ma wife(sponsor) contacted them and they replied saying she is not a representative and hence cannot request or make enquiries on my behalf so indirectly advising that I am the only person eligible to make enquiries on my file. Unless we filled the representative forms to make her eligible to request info.

However, people's cases may vary, if you are in touch with any agent you could definitely give it a try to see the outcome. But first get consultation before engaging them in your process.

rosamor228

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Oh okay, I only asked because I was wondering why they haven't replied any of your enquiries unless there is a representative. I don't think getting an agent now can do much as they were not included in the initial submission as a representative. I had a friend who tried seeking help from an agent but they refused saying they do not know about his file and hence no grounds to work on it.

Oh and if you the sponsor, has your husband PA tried contacting them with his UCI or APP No using webform or email. Because I remember once ma wife(sponsor) contacted them and they replied saying she is not a representative and hence cannot request or make enquiries on my behalf so indirectly advising that I am the only person eligible to make enquiries on my file. Unless we filled the representative forms to make her eligible to request info.

However, people's cases may vary, if you are in touch with any agent you could definitely give it a try to see the outcome. But first get consultation before engaging them in your process.
Thanks so much. I am the sponsor and we all tried the means of getting updates on the status of our application. I spoke some of the agent and told me they can not do anything for now but wait unless something happen to my application like it get refused. Anyway, thank you for your info. I appreciate it.

I am the sponsor and I tried all means to get up to date of our application. I tried twice to spoke to an agent and you are right, they both told me that they can not do anything for now not unless it been refused. Anyways, thank you for your info. I appreciate it.