+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Goodiesville

Jun 2, 2021
@Goodiesville congrats!!! :D
My guess would be 2 weeks - a month; however, this is based on my observation of others timeline. You never really know with AVO, unfortunately. I hope it's not too much of a wait for you!

Question for you: what was your status prior to 'Processing Background Check' ? I thought 'Processing Background Check' was standard for all applicants until completed.
Thank you . We are anticipating a month. Hopefully, it won't be longer.

The background check status was:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Then it changed to:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Reactions: Akissi18

Ajindee

Nov 12, 2020
This process can be so annoying, Aor is July 2019, I had a baby in december 2020 and included him in the application, got a gcms note and noticed that medicals had expired, I got a re medical with my family in April and till now medicals hasnt been approved. i have sent several mails to Accra office and there was no response......

• Sad

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
This process can be so annoying, Aor is July 2019, I had a baby in december 2020 and included him in the application, got a gcms note and noticed that medicals had expired, I got a re medical with my family in April and till now medicals hasnt been approved. i have sent several mails to Accra office and there was no response......
Wow I can imagine almost 2 years. Please be calm and just be strong doing 2 years already means you are strong. I don't know if your MP could help but you could try that to see if anything positive could emerge from it. Recently read about 2 applicants within this platform who had a reaction/response from contacting their MP. Its crazy and could be very frustrating. Don't think contacting then could negatively affect your process it should either b positive or silence depending on the MP I guess.

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Was it an upfront medical, or did they (IRCC/AVO) request that you redo medical? Also, which email address are you using to contact AVO? I'm only asking because I've contacted AVO via Webform and recieved an acknowledgement of my enquiry within' 2 weeks.

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Was it an upfront medical, or did they (IRCC/AVO) request that you redo medical? Also, which email address are you using to contact AVO? I'm only asking because I've contacted AVO via Webform and recieved an acknowledgement of my enquiry within' 2 weeks.
@Ajindee if it helps, this is the email address I usually get a response from ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca around 10-11am (Accra, Ghana time).

Reactions: Nailah

Vee33

Sep 14, 2019
Have you contacted your MP?

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Please does anyone know how possible it is to visit the Accra VO. There was a mix up in my husband's COPR and we have emailed them alot yet no reply and his flight his flight to Canada is booked for the 2nd of July.If the mistake isn't corrected he won't be allowed to board his flight. Please how possible is this cos we intending for him to go on the 30th since 1st July is Canada day and they will he closed. Anyone who has had an interview there Please can you let me know. The process of getting to see someone there.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Please does anyone know how possible it is to visit the Accra VO. There was a mix up in my husband's COPR and we have emailed them alot yet no reply and his flight his flight to Canada is booked for the 2nd of July.If the mistake isn't corrected he won't be allowed to board his flight. Please how possible is this cos we intending for him to go on the 30th since 1st July is Canada day and they will he closed. Anyone who has had an interview there Please can you let me know. The process of getting to see someone there.
I don't really know the process though. But there is the Visa Centre for submissions and the High Commission of Canada. The HC is sorta out of bounds and might b challenging seeing someone there from my experience you are not even allowed to get to the gate unless you got the PR CARD OR you a citizen.

But if you attend the visa office where normally passports are submitted you could go with a letter and your additional documents to correct it in hand and plead with them for an action to be made. Atleast you can interact with someone there compared to the High Commission. And the Visa Office always have direct contact with HC who finalises most decisions.

I think at this stage u have only a day to correct it is best you just go there ASAP and if they play games go to the HC I mean what's the worst that could happen.

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
I don't really know the process though. But there is the Visa Centre for submissions and the High Commission of Canada. The HC is sorta out of bounds and might b challenging seeing someone there from my experience you are not even allowed to get to the gate unless you got the PR CARD OR you a citizen.

But if you attend the visa office where normally passports are submitted you could go with a letter and your additional documents to correct it in hand and plead with them for an action to be made. Atleast you can interact with someone there compared to the High Commission. And the Visa Office always have direct contact with HC who finalises most decisions.

I think at this stage u have only a day to correct it is best you just go there ASAP and if they play games go to the HC I mean what's the worst that could happen.
Thank you so much for the reply. I don't know the difference between the two I mean the address. Do you live in Ghana.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Thank you so much for the reply. I don't know the difference between the two I mean the address. Do you live in Ghana.
Okay so we have the Visa Application Office where most contacts with applicants are made. Such as passport submissions and collections etc. That address is on OSEKERE RD. I couldn't get the accurate address but once you check Google you would see it. Just type Canada Visa Application Centre.

On the other hand we have the High Commission at
Sankara Interchange, 42 Independence Ave, Ako Adjei Overpass, Accra

So the difference;
-High Commission makes all decisions on any application.
-Most visits are acceptable provided you are a Canadian resident(PR CARD) or citizen.
-They communicate with applicants through Visa Office.

-Visa Office submits the passports and paper applications to the HIGH Commission for processing.
-Collection of passports and documents.
-All physical contacts are made via them unless via email then you can contact HC.

Don't know if this helps but hope it does something and hope someone can contribute more. Just my thoughts actually and yes please I live in Ghana.

Last edited:

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Okay so we have the Visa Application Office where most contacts with applicants are made. Such as passport submissions and collections etc. That address is on OSEKERE RD. I couldn't get the accurate address but once you check Google you would see it. Just type Canada Visa Application Centre.

On the other hand we have the High Commission at
Sankara Interchange, 42 Independence Ave, Ako Adjei Overpass, Accra

So the difference;
-High Commission makes all decisions on any application.
-Most visits are acceptable provided you are a Canadian resident(PR CARD) or citizen.
-They communicate with applicants through Visa Office.

-Visa Office submits the passports and paper applications to the HIGH Commission for processing.
-Collection of passports and documents.
-All physical contacts are made via them unless via email then you can contact HC.

Don't know if this helps but hope it does something and hope someone can contribute more. Just my thoughts actually and yes please I live in Ghana.
Thank you. Your explanation was perfect. He will be there tomorrow

Reactions: Dimilitantey

Ajindee

Nov 12, 2020
i contacted them when i wanted to include my son in my application and they replied giving the list of document to be filled and the amount to pay. i did everything they asked and my application was updated with my son. In the email they sent they said i might have to do a medical exam for my son, since my medical has expired i went ahead to do a re medical exam and also did for my son