+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

TYMRS

Aug 5, 2020
Hi guys, glad to tell you all, I just arrived Canada finally. So grateful to God for everything.

Just for your information, my time line is below. I'll also share the whole experience and explain all the much I can.

1. AOR: Nov. 15, 2019

2. Biometrics Request: Dec. 12, 2019

3. Sponsorship Approval: Dec. 13, 2019

4. Transfer to Accra: Dec. 17, 2019

5. Biometrics Done: Dec. 24, 2019

6. Medical Request received: Sep. 18, 2020

7. Medical Passed: Oct. 3, 2020

8. Pre-Arrival Services Letter received: Dec. 11, 2020

9. PPR Letter received: Jan. 14, 2021

10. Passport Sent to Lagos VAC (via DHL): Jan. 17, 2021. All I did was just send requested documents to the Lagos VAC and then I started receiving notifications via email on the whole process after they acknowledged receipt.
NOTE: If the VAC you're sending your International Passport & documents to was were you did your Biometrics, you don't need to pay for Transmission Services. Just include a copy of the payment and consent form.

11. Passport Sent to IRCC by Lagos VAC: Jan. 20, 2021

12. Passport Received at VAC, Ghana: Feb. 2, 2021

13. Passport Ready for Collection at VAC, Ghana: Feb. 11, 2021.

14. Processed Passport Arrived at Lagos VAC: Feb. 22.
At this point you may be told to refer to the "Buy Services" page on the VFS website. Don't rush to pay anything yet. Courier Instructions will be sent to you on how to access the Courier services.

15. Courier Instruction Received: Feb. 22, 2021
I printed the PDF-format Courier Request Form filled it and sent along with proof of payment for for passport return and other required instructions via the same mail I received the instructions. At this stage, be prepared for a call within 2 days from the courier as the parcel is sent as "extremely urgent".

16. Passport & Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Form Received via UPS: Feb. 24, 2021.

I left via Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos and I had a nearly heartbreaking experience. The Canada immigration representative after viewing my visa first told me I cannot be allowed to enter Canada saying that "Immigrants" are not allowed at the moment. I couldn't believe my ears. I told him that can't be true as I would have known that a long while. To cut the long story short, I explained to him I was going to reunite with my spouse. He then began to make calls and make references to document on his phone about the exemptions, before he finally saw that PR immigrants later than February, 2018 may not be allowed entry, EXCEPT THEY'RE REUNITING WITH THEIR FAMILY. Clearly, he was not informed enough.

So take note, as far as you fall under FAMILY CLASS VISA going to reunite with spouse, you are eligible to travel. Have an e-copy or photocopy (coloured preferably) of your Marriage Certificate and Spouse's Canadian International Passport handy.

A PCR COVID Test is required and is valid for 72 hours. Note that the 72 hours starts counting FROM THE TIME THE SAMPLE IS COLLECTED, not when the result is out. Also ensure the 72 hours is within the the time of your last scheduled FLIGHT to Canada. For example, if your last connecting flight is by 12 noon (your local time), ensure the 72 hours does not expire by that 12 noon when you will be boarding for your final flight to Canada.

In my case, I had just one connecting flight:
FLIGHT 1. LAG (16/3/2021, 10:45PM) - AMS (17/3/2021, 5:35AM)
FLIGHT 2. AMS (17/3/2021, 11:50AM) - CAN (1.35PM CAN Time/8:35PM NGN Time).
So in order to ensure my last connecting flight starting at 17/3/2021, 11:50AM AMS - CAN is within the 72 hours, I took the Covid Test on the 14/3/2021, 3:25PM so it covered FLIGHT 2 departure by over 3 hours. Note, if your test doesn't follow this format, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BOARD EVEN YOUR FIRST FLIGHT. I witnessed 2 persons who didn't board because they did it earlier. In one, the test was expired by just 2 hours but was still denied entry.

Also book your government-approved hotel for the 1-2 days before your departure. Ensure you've researched on how to book long before your Covid test and flight booking, as you will be asked to show proof of your booking. Absence of this too could prevent you from flying.

Download and fill your ArriveCan App a day or 2 before your flight and keep the receipt code.

On arrival to Canada, ensure your COPR is stamped by a border official. Everything was so smooth than I expected.

MY ADVICE: Try to leave as soon as possible immediately you get your visa because things are fast changing and policies could change at anytime that may become unfavourable.

I hope these information is detailed enough and helps a lot.
Thanks a lot.
Hello did you need to send your family information form with your Passport when you got ppr?

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PLEASE can someone help with a question... over a decade ago when I apply to sponsor my husband we were able to send almost all the required documents with our application form. For example we did the medicals all before hand. Is this still allowed or we must wait? We took the chance that the medical wouldn't expire. Asking for a friend....

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Note you have to select country specific document if principal is Ghanian you select Ghana, if principal applicant is Nigerian you select Nigerian. I hope this helps and am really sorry for your refusal.
I am reading this and thinking!!! In my request for documents to be submitted to AVO, there were specific forms requested, and the travel history is not included.I submitted docs in Dec. Should i fill the travel history forms and submit it via web form. I don't want to wait this long for AOR only for my application to be returned for not filling that Travel history form. Suggestions, please.

Azora

Apr 16, 2021
I'm also waiting for ppr. I got DM and pre arrival on Saturday. Please let me know when you get it.
Hi Omolola, have you received PPR. I received Pre-Arrival letter and DM, but no PPR yet. Wondering if you have received yours and how long it took. Thanks