+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Jomandy

Sep 24, 2020
Pls can someone explain what is the process for picking up submitted passport through courier? Just trying to get information in anticipation.

Adeolafun

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
Pls can someone explain what is the process for picking up submitted passport through courier? Just trying to get information in anticipation.

Meaning your passport will be sent to you through courier. It could ve DHL, UPS among others.

You must have submitted or sent it to VAC office or Accra through a particular address I.e office or residential address. So your passport will be courier back to you through the address because for now there is no work in service anymore due to covid 19 issue.

Jomandy

Sep 24, 2020
Meaning your passport will be sent to you through courier. It could ve DHL, UPS among others.

You must have submitted or sent it to VAC office or Accra through a particular address I.e office or residential address. So your passport will be courier back to you through the address because for now there is no work in service anymore due to covid 19 issue.
Do I need to pay anything. Assuming my biometrics was done in the same VAC through which I sent my passport.

Jomandy

Sep 24, 2020

Yeah what I'm asking is, am I to pay the courier charges to VFS as stated in their website or will I be exempted?

Adeolafun

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
Yeah what I'm asking is, am I to pay the courier charges to VFS as stated in their website or will I be exempted?

Yes you will pay to courier from your address(house) to VFS office.

From VFS to Accra for free if you do your biometrics with them.

You will also pay from VFS back to your house.

themightynature

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
accra
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
12-01-2020
File Transfer...
21-01-2020
Med's Request
20-09-2020
Med's Done....
09-10-2920
I had a ghost update since last week Sunday, but nothing have been updated on my gckey, do anyone know how long it takes to see the update after a ghost update?

Jomandy

Sep 24, 2020
Hello Famz,
I’m especially interested in knowing how the passport will be returned back to the principal applicant. After paying the courier fees, how do I notify VFS? Will they notify me of its return and will the courier contact me once it’s at my destination? Cos all they say is to refer to Buy Services and make transfer, no further acknowledgement/enlightenment from VFS which is so annoying, like they're waiting for one to make mistakes. They don't accept visitors, don't pick calls nor even respond to mails.

Pls anyone who's collected passport should assist. I just want to be armed with the right info.

Adeolafun

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
Hello Famz,
I’m especially interested in knowing how the passport will be returned back to the principal applicant. After paying the courier fees, how do I notify VFS? Will they notify me of its return and will the courier contact me once it’s at my destination? Cos all they say is to refer to Buy Services and make transfer, no further acknowledgement/enlightenment from VFS which is so annoying, like they're waiting for one to make mistakes. They don't accept visitors, don't pick calls nor even respond to mails.

Pls anyone who's collected passport should assist. I just want to be armed with the right info.

1. You will send your passport and every required document through any courier services to any of the VFS offices Lagos or abuja.

2. Once received from the courier services you will be notified with a tracking number

3. They will also notify you when it get to Accra

4. It will be return to VFS office after Visa stamp.

5. VFS office will notify once it get back to Lagos, you will receive it through courier services.

Vee33

Sep 14, 2019
Has anyone tried to contact IRCC in Ghana? Not sure how receptive they are to calls to their office l. I’m so tired of this wait. It’s getting too much

Ibiola

Oct 12, 2020
They don't pick calls they will just burn ur call credit, I even called canada to complain they said they don't really have any power over it since it's been transferred to visa office...

Reactions: Vee33