+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Kindly update us when you get the info.
Okay so my wife called CBSA and was told I won’t be denied entry when I get to Canada because I fall under the “immediate family member of a citizen” which are exempt from the ban, but then I would have to prove to the airline at the airport that i fall under the category so they let me board which supports my initial plan of going to the airport with a copy of my wife’s Canadian passport bio data page, a copy of her drivers license (more i.d proof) and a copy of our marriage license. I’m flying on Friday.

joy789

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Okay so my wife called CBSA and was told I won’t be denied entry when I get to Canada because I fall under the “immediate family member of a citizen” which are exempt from the ban, but then I would have to prove to the airline at the airport that i fall under the category so they let me board which supports my initial plan of going to the airport with a copy of my wife’s Canadian passport bio data page, a copy of her drivers license (more i.d proof) and a copy of our marriage license. I’m flying on Friday.
Thank you so much Zikky what airline are you flying with?

Reactions: Zikky

Clara Onyii

Feb 10, 2020
My file was moved to Accra Visa office on March 11, till now I haven't even received an acknowledgment email and my ecas hasn't changed. I wonder if this has to do with the COVID 19 Pandemic.
Has any of the January/February applicant's file been moved to AVO? Please share your experiences.

Adeolafun

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
My file was moved to Accra Visa office on March 11, till now I haven't even received an acknowledgment email and my ecas hasn't changed. I wonder if this has to do with the COVID 19 Pandemic.
Has any of the January/February applicant's file been moved to AVO? Please share your experiences.

Once your file is moved to Accra, you will need to wait patiently for medicals probably in some months time. Mine was moved to Accra in Feb still waiting for medical request. I was told I should count 5 months after submission of my application.

Reactions: Clara Onyii

Clara Onyii

Feb 10, 2020
Once your file is moved to Accra, you will need to wait patiently for medicals probably in some months time. Mine was moved to Accra in Feb still waiting for medical request. I was told I should count 5 months after submission of my application.
Nawaa ooo. But is there even a way for them to acknowledge that they have received your file?
Have you checked your ECAS?