+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Abayomi1111

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Nope. Nothing my dear.
I have few questions to ask you. 1. Did u link your account on GCKEY? 2. Which email and postal address did u fill as the primary email to receive correspondence from the Immigration. 3. Did u get the correspondence that was sent you in February? Your answer to this questions will show why they just started processing your application in October.

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
@AtGod The gap of dates between 1st and 2nd line is UNBELIEVABLE. GCMS notes should take 30 days (well according to CIC), i suggest you start disturbing them on that too
I just receive my GCMS notes. This is not so clear as document. Actually it seems that Mississauga transferred our file to Accra on September 2017. I don't know why. Accra began to process the file on October 2017. I think we stay in the queue until February 2018. AVO opened the file for eligibility on February 10th. Based on the agent notes I understand that they don't have any concern about our relationship. It retains that we don't need interview. But Security, criminality and medicals are retained "not started". I don't know if we got again in another queue or not.

But in the agent notes for evidence on our files, at the end, it retained "meds outstanding". I don't know what that means.
Thanks all of you for your support. I don't know when and how this application will end up, but I sleep better now since I know someone finally opened it.

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
I shall soon send these folks an email. Pre arrival is 2 weeks now, and no passport request
AVO, bunch of jokers!
I got PPR nine days after pre arrival.
My passport has been with them for three weeks and counting, application hasn't been approved, not into talk of PUM.
To the people waiting, January-May applicants, lots of God's grace, I pray that the Lord answer your heart desires,It's so hard waiting,and being unable to take the next step, I pray that you would receive the good news soon.
Wishing everyone all the best!

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
I just receive my GCMS notes. This is not so clear as document. Actually it seems that Mississauga transferred our file to Accra on September 2017. I don't know why. Accra began to process the file on October 2017. I think we stay in the queue until February 2018. AVO opened the file for eligibility on February 10th. Based on the agent notes I understand that they don't have any concern about our relationship. It retains that we don't need interview. But Security, criminality and medicals are retained "not started". I don't know if we got again in another queue or not.

But in the agent notes for evidence on our files, at the end, it retained "meds outstanding". I don't know what that means.
Thanks all of you for your support. I don't know when and how this application will end up, but I sleep better now since I know someone finally opened it.
Because you haven't done your medical, AVO would send you all at once, that's why you have medical outstanding.

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
Because you haven't done your medical, AVO would send you all at once, that's why you have medical outstanding.
Ok thank you very much.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017

If you haven't seen this post before, it helps to understand the notes a little better:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

Reactions: AtGod

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018

@AtGod On your GCMS notes, check under eligibility for PA, see if the status says NOT STARTED. If this is the case then based on the link just posted by @RoamingSpirit, PA is most likely approved.

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
So guys I finally got some good news from AVO. PPR received today after 1year and 6 days.
Glory be to God. I screamed so loud. All I could think about was so I finally get to be with my husband.
A big congratulations to you and your husband. Lets all just hope and pray all this over one year stories have either ended or are coming to an end. As they are scary.

Reactions: OneBoo