+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Good evening.
Am new here. Am a March 2017 applicant. I was ask to send my sponsor pif and inform CPC of my newborn in January 16, 2018. I have send the informations but still hv not hear from them. Am abit worried. Can u pls help me with some information. Thanks @RoamingSpirit
Welcome Toosot. Sorry, I am not sure what PIF is?

Toosot

Mar 9, 2018
Welcome Toosot. Sorry, I am not sure what PIF is?
pif Is personal information form it's also Called boc (basis of claim). I also want to know if is possible I get response this month and if my application is still within the process time frame. I hv really missed my wife and hv not seen my new born is really affecting my concentration.

Last edited:

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
pif Is personal information form it's also Called boc (basis of claim). I also want to know if is possible I get response this month and if my application is still within the process time frame. I hv really missed my wife and hv not seen my new born is really affecting my concentration.
What stream did you apply for? I don't know any of those terms. I've never heard of a Personal Information Form or Basis of Claim.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
That form is for refugee claimants to fill out. And not required for sponsorship

Which class did you file under? Are u inland and in canada filing for refugee claim?
Or are you doing sponsorship?

Toosot

Mar 9, 2018
That form is for refugee claimants to fill out. And not required for sponsorship

Which class did you file under? Are u inland and in canada filing for refugee claim?
Or are you doing sponsorship?
Am in Nigeria and my wife is my sponsor. It's her Pif that was asked for so as to continue my processing. Hope it's not an issue?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Am in Nigeria and my wife is my sponsor. It's her Pif that was asked for so as to continue my processing. Hope it's not an issue?
Its not a problem. She was once a refugee claimant prior to gaining status in canada as a Permenant resident. With that saod your wife was suppose to provide copy of that PIF form but not everyone knows that until IMM asks you for it. So have her draft a letter indicating she did not realize it needed to be included however she is providing it.

Toosot

Mar 9, 2018
Its not a problem. She was once a refugee claimant prior to gaining status in canada as a Permenant resident. With that saod your wife was suppose to provide copy of that PIF form but not everyone knows that until IMM asks you for it. So have her draft a letter indicating she did not realize it needed to be included however she is providing it.
We hv given them already. Since January. But yet to hear from them. Am just a bit worried.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Ok thanks a lot. I really do appreciate ur prompt responce. Thanks
Questions for you..

1. I assume they are requesting this information to help them to confirm that your relationship with your wife is genuine. It doesn't matter if you provided this information before. CIC won't take this information from your old application - they will always ask you to provide it again.
2. It means the officer has concerns if your relationship with your wife is genuine. If you do not provide enough evidence to prove your relationship is real, then yes, the file could be refused again.
3. No - I don't see how this will have any impact on your PR status.
4. I don't know.
5. I think that if you refuse to provide any of the information that has been requested this will significantly increase the chances that your wife's application will be refused. You should send CIC the information they have asked for.

Also your nigerian it depends in your story where did you indicate you met your wife?
If she claimed she was refugee from nigeria as refugee claimiant if that was country of claimant she isnt to go back so there would be implications to your process..
Where did yoy say you met?
Which country did your wife claim refugee from???

I suppose it is possible that as the OP did in fact go back to the country that she WAS claiming refugee status from, they may be considering that it WAS originally a fraudulent claim. This might have an impact on any new application processing. They may be wondering what has changed that he now feels safe to return...

So answer all questions posed to you to have clarity...