+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Good morning friends. I have been offline since Friday, as I took a half day from work. I have had the time to catch up and must commend @RoamingSpirit for her amazing work in taking up this issue of the agonizingly slow processing times of the affected visa offices. I tried to log in to the site from home, but forgot my password and got locked out of my account (I'm logged in automatically at work)
That being said, My husband received his pre-arrival services mail on Friday evening. It was hard for me not to be able to share this news over the weekend, but here it is! I want to encourage EVERYONE waiting. It will be sooner than you think. Before month end, everyone waiting here will receive favorable news. I am off to sign the petition!
Congrats!!

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
March 7 - Annemariee

March 8 – stellalawrence

March 8 - graace2017

March 17 - McAkyne

April 4 – Roamingspirit

April 11 – Buckshot11

April 28 – Gattu_Milan

This from what I have seen is the new list - from March to May of who has not heard.

I don't get it. No one left from May?

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Good morning friends. I have been offline since Friday, as I took a half day from work. I have had the time to catch up and must commend @RoamingSpirit for her amazing work in taking up this issue of the agonizingly slow processing times of the affected visa offices. I tried to log in to the site from home, but forgot my password and got locked out of my account (I'm logged in automatically at work)
That being said, My husband received his pre-arrival services mail on Friday evening. It was hard for me not to be able to share this news over the weekend, but here it is! I want to encourage EVERYONE waiting. It will be sooner than you think. Before month end, everyone waiting here will receive favorable news. I am off to sign the petition!
@donchik A very big congratulations to you and your husband.

Reactions: donchik

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Congrats dear... the wait is finally over. I still wonder how AVO treats this file, going through your timeline, they started processing your application November 2017 means October and previous months have also started being processed but no Pre arrival mail for them. I just feel, they delay the applications on purpose

Last edited:
Reactions: donchik

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
awesome and congratulations. We got pre-arrival service on Friday too. Now we are just waiting for PPR

Reactions: donchik and SYOM

Akanni2017

Oct 4, 2017
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
File Transfer...
14-07-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
Med's Done....
19-10-2017
Passport Req..
hopeful
VISA ISSUED...
hopeful
LANDED..........
hopeful
I just hope many flood office today. My wife in Canada sent one one as well to all email , her MP and also to opposition immigration minister michelle.rempel@parl.gc.ca. Michelle is the progressive conservative member who keeps Ahmed Hussen accountable for their actions in immigration she is opposite side house liberals is opposite side house parliament progressive convervatives and NDP and independents sit on other side. Just history lesson this morning and Andrew Scheer progressive convervative leader of party are official opposition to the liberals . Thank God for everything. We all should stay hopeful this week and the rest of the month.

Reactions: maki22

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Congrats dear... the wait is finally over. I still wonder how AVO treats this file, going through your timeline, theyvestarted processingn your application November 2017 means October and precious months have also started being processed butbno Pre arrival mail for them. I just feel, they delay the applications on purpose
Thank you dear. So from what I see there are different processing times for the sponsor and the PA. my timeline was really weird, as Mississauga started processing my file in May, and my sponsor approval came end of October. With these folks one cannot tell what move they will make or when. On Ecas there is no update even as we have pre arrival. We were not able to link accounts therefore no GC Key. My hubby's processing started in November

Reactions: maki22

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
So here is a summary of what we are asking people to do:

2) Send the following letter to the Minister for Immigration and their local MP:

Minister@cic.gc.ca, Ahmed.hussen@parl.gc.ca, Ministerial.Enquiries.Division@cic.gc.ca
And use this searchable database to find your MP: http://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members

Subject Line: Inconsistent Processing Times: Accra Visa Office (UCI xxxxxxxx)

The processing times between visa offices for spousal visas varies considerably. This seems to be especially true of the Accra Visa Office which appears to lag considerably behind other visa offices, especially those in developed countries. We believe that additional resources should be assigned to offices such as the Accra Visa Office to ensure that applications are processed efficiently regardless of their location. Processing times for applications should be consistent.

Section 15 of the Canadian Charter of Rights guarantees equal rights. Yet those of us relying on offices such as the Accra Visa Office do not feel that our applications are being treated equally especially when we consistently witness other visa offices processing applications much faster.

Not only are our applications taking considerably longer to process, the political climate in many of the countries served by the Accra Visa Office prevents many of us from being with our spouses during the processing time. Visa offices with the faster processing times are also those where the applicants have more freedom to move between countries during the processing time.

Applicants from developed countries are usually freer to enter Canada before an application is submitted, and may are able to stay in Canada while their applications are being processed, or are free to visit with their spouses during the processing of their applications. But many of the countries that are served by the Accra Visa Office also have travel warning advisories. That is, our government is warning us not to travel to these particular countries, these countries where those we love are living.

Not only is the processing time longer for us and our ability to spend time with our spouses limited, but we also have limited information on the progress of our application during the processing period. Messages in the online applications aren’t kept up-to-date, or are inconsistent. We have noticed also that applications aren’t always processed in the same order that they were submitted.

Newcomers to Canada are expected to abide by the values of Canada, which we believe to be demonstrating fairness, respect, equality and equity. Our expectation is that our government demonstrates the same values when delivering services.

While we do acknowledge and appreciate that considerable work has been achieved to reduce overall processing times of spousal visas, and while we understand that some processes are out of the control of the Canadian government, resources should be in place to ensure fairness, respect, equality and equity when processing of applications. We need to not only reduce the processing times, but also reduce the gap in processing times between visa offices to ensure fair treatment of all current and future Canadians.
signed***

Reactions: RoamingSpirit

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
it depends on their nationality . Some nationals have shorter timelines . eg Rwanda takes 6 to 8 months for their nationals. whiles other countries are from 12, 16 or 24 months etc. however one can check on their website to see how much time they have left for them to wait. That way if it's long over due you can write a letter to notify them. What I know it's the Ghanaian timeline is shorter than the Nigerians. And how fast you receive your visa depends on the the number of applicants who applied , it turns to go fast if there are only few applicants. With the AVO I think they are slow due to the number of different countries sharing the same facility . The Canadian embassy In Accra here doesn't only serve Ghana, Nigeria & Liberia applicants. Some other neighboring countries also have to apply through AVO. so just imagine how crazy it is!
But this is not fair at all. My husband and I are from Benin. Our application was received since 24th January 2017 and still no word from AVO. Nothing has changed in the file since 1year. We sent a lot of emails, make my MP email them but they are still sending us the same answer "your application is in queue for review" Since 13months. Wr are in queue to have someone take a first look on our file! This is so unfair.

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Hello everyone, my husband submitted his passport to Accra since February 14th, it's been 3weeks. My question is, can we email them for a follow up plz? And would they do something about it if we tell them his ticket has been purchased? Plz we need advice... thanks

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Hello everyone, my husband submitted his passport to Accra since February 14th, it's been 3weeks. My question is, can we email them for a follow up plz? And would they do something about it if we tell them his ticket has been purchased? Plz we need advice... thanks
I don't think it would hurt to at least try. They won't change their minds.

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light