+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
I think so. I did it at around the 4 month mark and then again about a week ago (haven't arrived yet). They can give you an idea if the visa office has noticed anything strange in your application and if you might have to do an interview.

Here is a good thread about it:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/
4 months from application received? if so, did it have valuable info or was too early?

Reactions: Akanni2017

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
4 months from application received? if so, did it have valuable info or was too early?
I applied early April and got my first lot of notes in August. For $5, it was ok. The officer that goes through the file in Mississauga can highlight to the officer in Accra if they think you will need an interview. Mine didn't indicate anything like that. Of course that can change as the Accra officer may see things differently, but it makes me feel a little better I guess for now. And I applied almost a year ago so things may start to speed up as they get through the backlog so what I saw at 4 months back then may be different to where they are at now.

I have done it again now cos it takes a month to receive the notes. I haven't heard anything when others that applied around the same time have. So I want to know why we haven't, and IF we get called for an interview, I want to know what they are concerned about.

You can order multiple times. You need a form signed by the applicant giving the sponsor permission though. There is a thread about that too...how to order your notes.

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
I applied early April and got my first lot of notes in August. For $5, it was ok. The officer that goes through the file in Mississauga can highlight to the officer in Accra if they think you will need an interview. Mine didn't indicate anything like that. Of course that can change as the Accra officer may see things differently, but it makes me feel a little better I guess for now. And I applied almost a year ago so things may start to speed up as they get through the backlog so what I saw at 4 months back then may be different to where they are at now.

I have done it again now cos it takes a month to receive the notes. I haven't heard anything when others that applied around the same time have. So I want to know why we haven't, and IF we get called for an interview, I want to know what they are concerned about.

You can order multiple times. You need a form signed by the applicant giving the sponsor permission though. There is a thread about that too...how to order your notes.
Thanks, yes i already filled out the form, i gave permission to my wife (sponsor) to get it. I also included her name so sponsor application part can be included in the notes. Does that sound right?

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Most relevant from the ircc tweet:
If you applied to come to Canada temporarily, this update is a tech issue which we’re working to resolve. If you’re seeing the update for an app to come to Canada permanently, the info is accurate and part of a system update to provide more transparent info.

Reactions: tholudee

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Yes was about sending them an email when i decided to check my account first, hopeful i hear from them by the end of today or tomorrow. You should here something next week
I sent them an email yesterday to confirm if they indeed have my package from DHL because my 15days elapse in two days time, but as usual there was an automated response.
So hopefully since you had an update it means they have mine as well and I still working.

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
I sent them an email yesterday to confirm if they indeed have my package from DHL because my 15days elapse in two days time, but as usual there was an automated response.
So hopefully since you had an update it means they have mine as well and I still working.
Yes, you should hear something soon

Reactions: Kwamtin

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
The only thing is if they ever do an audit and your friend can't prove that her spouse earned $0, she could have to repay the amount she receives from CRA
Oh ok, she applied to sponsor her husband though he has not been coming often at all so they may revoke his perm res

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Sooooooooo quiet on here! I must say, that AVO looks like the worst and slowest out of all VO, judging by activity on more or less all other Thread. God help us!!!

McAkyne

May 19, 2017
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Accra
The waiting is really frustrating and a whole lot of things are on hold because of the delayed response from AVO.

We can only trust God and hope for the best.