+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
If they have reasons to believe that your relationship is genuine or if they have concerns about any of your documents submitted, then it's possible they will send you a procedural fairness email requesting for additional documents and/or request an interview for them to be satisfied before the PPR follows.
ok thats awesome

Reactions: Akanni2017

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Random question, and I don't know if theres a thread for this...for us living in Canada, when filing taxes, you have to declare your spouse's income.
But since they don't live here, and are in the process of getting sponsored, do we declare the equivalent of their income, or put it at 0?
Last year while filing, I put a ballpark amount, but for this year I was thinking it may not be necessary to?

goddess2017

Sep 13, 2017
Random question, and I don't know if theres a thread for this...for us living in Canada, when filing taxes, you have to declare your spouse's income.
But since they don't live here, and are in the process of getting sponsored, do we declare the equivalent of their income, or put it at 0?
Last year while filing, I put a ballpark amount, but for this year I was thinking it may not be necessary to?
Yes you have to file with their income just choose the option that says they are a non-resident and convert their income into CAD dollars. SIN should be 000-000-000.

It IS WELL

Star Member
Aug 12, 2016
Hello every one.
My wife was refused visa on the grounds of marriage not genuine. I appealed the decision and was granted ADR on the 22nd of February 2018. At the ADR meeting, the minister's counsel said to me that she was satisfied that i have addressed the three reasons why they refused my wife visa, but she does not understand why the visa officer in Ghana did not interview my wife and did not give reason(s) of not doing so.
She said that they must hear from my wife and ask me some questions before deciding on the case and recommended full hearing. At the ADR she did not ask me a single question, only told me things to get right before the hearing date.
Is there anyone who has been in such a similar situation or been through full hearing? please i would require your assistance as i need to know the nature and type questions asked. Please respond i can provide my email or phone number if you are in a position to help. Thank you for your assistance will be highly appreciated in this matter.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Thank you
You are supposed to be able to show proof of whatever amount you insert as your husband's income also.

It can drastically affect the amount of get back on your taxes (it did for mine) and they can ask for proof before making the payment. It is different from an audit though - they just ask for it through email or mail.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Hello every one.
My wife was refused visa on the grounds of marriage not genuine. I appealed the decision and was granted ADR on the 22nd of February 2018. At the ADR meeting, the minister's counsel said to me that she was satisfied that i have addressed the three reasons why they refused my wife visa, but she does not understand why the visa officer in Ghana did not interview my wife and did not give reason(s) of not doing so.
She said that they must hear from my wife and ask me some questions before deciding on the case and recommended full hearing. At the ADR she did not ask me a single question, only told me things to get right before the hearing date.
Is there anyone who has been in such a similar situation or been through full hearing? please i would require your assistance as i need to know the nature and type questions asked. Please respond i can provide my email or phone number if you are in a position to help. Thank you for your assistance will be highly appreciated in this matter.
Not trying to speak for everyone here but I think we are all waiting on our initial applications. There is a thread for people who were refused and they may have experiences to share.

tholudee

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
You are supposed to be able to show proof of whatever amount you insert as your husband's income also.

It can drastically affect the amount of get back on your taxes (it did for mine) and they can ask for proof before making the payment. It is different from an audit though - they just ask for it through email or mail.
did it affect positively or negatively your tax returns from the govt?

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
I have a friend here whose spouse is in nigeria, every year she puts 0 for his income. And he's working.
Last year she put 10k as a ballpark amount, and this year she filed and put it at 0

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
I have a friend here whose spouse is in nigeria, every year she puts 0 for his income. And he's working.
Last year she put 10k as a ballpark amount, and this year she filed and put it at 0
The only thing is if they ever do an audit and your friend can't prove that her spouse earned $0, she could have to repay the amount she receives from CRA

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Happy New Month... May this month be better than last month, May the rain of PPR be on us this month. Dear Lord, please touch the hearts of AVO. Let them treat our files with so much priority . Let them not get tired of triggering PPR. Lord, the strength they need give it to them and let them always be happy so they will be happy with our files.

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Happy New Month... May this month be better than last month, May the rain of PPR be on us this month. Dear Lord, please touch the hearts of AVO. Let them treat our files with so much priority . Let them not get tired of triggering PPR. Lord, the strength they need give it to them and let them always be happy so they will be happy with our files.
AMEN!!!

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
Such a strong prayer. A big AMENNNNNNNNNNNN!!!