+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Please does anyone know if its mississauga that reviews PA eligibility (after Sponsor "decision made") or AVO. My gckey started showing "we are reviewing you eligibility" the same day sponsor application was approved, and i have no emails yet saying if app has been transferred to AVO or not but yet review started

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
Please does anyone know if its mississauga that reviews PA eligibility (after Sponsor "decision made") or AVO. My gckey started showing "we are reviewing you eligibility" the same day sponsor application was approved, and i have no emails yet saying if app has been transferred to AVO or not but yet review started
PA's eligibility review would be done at AVO, the statement Would remain that way, till you get PUM.
The sponsor gets a mail, informing them of transfer to AVO, AVO does not send any email, acknowledging receipt, however, a new line Would be added to your ECAS, which is equivalent to you receiving AOR2 from AVO, and makes you assured, your application is with AVO.
With the trend, the next time you might get information from AVO Would be five months into your application.
Till then, keep hoping they move faster, it is hard to wait, but patience is key in this journey.

Reactions: Akanni2017

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
  1. We received ******* application for permanent residence on April 27, 2017.
  2. We started processing ********* application on November 22, 2017.
  3. We sent ****** correspondence on October 30, 2017. If *** has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have **** do so as soon as possible. Please wait until ****** receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
Guys, look at this timeline and tell me what you think. We had issues linking our application so I only have ECAS to rely on. Just checked it now so I doubt that whatever is happeing is a glitch. It may be time to email these folks!
The lineup of your timeline is similar to mine I don’t think there’s any problem below is mine
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 22, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on April 27, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 8, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 13, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
The lineup of your timeline is similar to mine I don’t think there’s any problem below is mine
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 22, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on April 27, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 8, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 13, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.
They sent a mail requesting for additional documents which I submitted and was received January 5 and nothing till now

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
They sent a mail requesting for additional documents which I submitted and was received January 5 and nothing till now
Thank you. If you dont mind me asking, what additional docs did they ask for? I had believed after the medical results received line, the next thing will be request for Passport?

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
PA's eligibility review would be done at AVO, the statement Would remain that way, till you get PUM.
The sponsor gets a mail, informing them of transfer to AVO, AVO does not send any email, acknowledging receipt, however, a new line Would be added to your ECAS, which is equivalent to you receiving AOR2 from AVO, and makes you assured, your application is with AVO.
With the trend, the next time you might get information from AVO Would be five months into your application.
Till then, keep hoping they move faster, it is hard to wait, but patience is key in this journey.
Thanks a lot, i am December 2017 applicant, so am guessing 5months into application is May? Also my initial curiosity was if the review start line in gckey meant my application had got to accra even though the 2nd line in ecas had not appeared. thanks anyways.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Thank you. If you dont mind me asking, what additional docs did they ask for? I had believed after the medical results received line, the next thing will be request for Passport?
It depends if they believe the relationship is genuine. If they question the validity of the relationship, they may ask for additional proof, or an interview, or both.

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
If they have reasons to believe that your relationship is genuine or if they have concerns about any of your documents submitted, then it's possible they will send you a procedural fairness email requesting for additional documents and/or request an interview for them to be satisfied before the PPR follows.