+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
so those are the only airlines she fly on?
Am in lagos, not really sure what airlines you guys have in Ghana but am sure the ones i mentioned are in Ghana as they are global. if you need to find more then i would suggest you search online but but i doubt you would find more as no airline flies to Canada direct from west Africa. But you also have an option of Ethiopian airline, they are very cheap and stop over in Addis Ababa, she won't need a visa as her Ghanian passport allows her into ethiopia without a visa, so please check on their website to see if they fly out of Accra

Reactions: Pete2020

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Just to be clear @Lagos babe and @ola22, I am NOT saying the non-accompanying minor does not need to do a medical. They absolutely have to do it if they want to be eligible to be sponsored in the future. What I'm saying is that they do not need to do it twice. For those of us who applied before 2016 December, the medical was done upfront and then because AVO was so slow, by the time PPR came, the medicals would have expired. In that situation, one can email AVO and ask them if the non-accompanying dependant needs to redo medical if they are not coming yet. In our case and most other people's the answer from AVO was no and it did not slow anything down at all.

Your medical request Would come with that for your non-accompanying dependant, and it doesn't come with an option to waive.
The request has a 30 days deadline, and you need to prove to the visa officer, reasons with proof, why you can't get in contact with the dependent.
A notarized letter or affidavit is needed also, it is at the visa officer's discretion, and you would now be granted the forms to waive.
Also, note that you would not be able to sponsor the dependent forever.
Yes, a waiver request will slow things down, with AVO, they need to peruse the documents sent, and see true reason, why you can't make contact with the dependent.

Below is a letter sent to someone on this case, for your perusal.

All family members, whether accompanying or not, are required to be examined to ensure that they are
not inadmissible to Canada. You must make every effort to have your non-accompanying family
members examined. You cannot simply choose not to have them examined. If you are unable
to meet this requirement, you must satisfy an officer that extenuating circumstances prevent you
from doing so and that you have made all reasonable efforts to meet this requirement.
If all of your family members are not examined and you are unwilling or unable to provide
supporting documentation to satisfy an officer that you have made all reasonable efforts to meet
this requirement, your application will be decided based on information available on file which
may result in the refusal of your application.
If you are unable to have all of your family members examined, you must provide the following as proof
of your efforts to have them examined;
i) A statement and supporting documentation for your attempts to have your non-accompanying
family members examined and,
ii) An explanation as to why your attempts to have your non-accompanying family members
examined have not been successful, including court documents, custody and/or separation
documents as applicable. Note: Not having custody of a child should not normally be an
impediment to having the child examined.

You must show that you have made all reasonable efforts to have your family members examined. We
will review the documentation provided and advise you whether there are sufficient reasons to consider
granting relief from having your non-accompanying family members examined. It is only in truly

exceptional circumstances, when there are clear humanitarian and compassionate grounds, where relief
may be granted from not meeting the requirements of the Act.
We remind you that failing to declare a spouse or child in your application, prior to becoming a
permanent resident, may lead to an inadmissibility finding for you, even if you have already become a
permanent resident."

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Hi thanks for your reply, can you share your experiences on settling in, did you have to take time off work etc. Something else to diffuse the agony of waiting :)
This won't be my first time staying with my spouse but I'm anxious about his settling in ( when he finally receives his visa
Hi @donchik, as @Ugoswife mentioned a few days ago, I can't stress enough how important it is to do things upfront in preparation for job search and school etc. Most things are done online here, so your hubby can start applying and looking into converting qualifications etc. while waiting for his visa.

If you are in Ontario, apply for a bank account for him as soon as he arrives and ask for paper statements. This will help with getting a health card as it is the easiest additional piece of info you need to apply (they require 3). Health card takes 3 months to kick in so, you must buy private health insurance in the interim.

I took a few days off right after he arrived and then one off here and there. It is important to go out and do things together. Especially if you live in a big city as the hurried life can be daunting to a new comer. Patience is your friend :)

That's all I can think of at the moment. PM me if you have specific questions.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Ok mine only shows,Medicals have been received and that’s it
@Mylove4God2017
@Kwamtin @Milaby did any of u see any changes in your online tool when u had the PPR and if u did,what was it?
@Mylove4God2017 the messages vary and a little confusing after PPR. If you look back in history in the November timeframe some of us were discussing what the statuses were. A few links are below. I was doing frequent updates of my online account statuses, since PPR at some point.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants.64640/page-822#post-6471616
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants.64640/page-854#post-6503961
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants.64640/page-880#post-6531189

Reactions: maki22

Tosode

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Root
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03 Jan 16
Nomination.....
19 July 16
AOR Received.
17 Nov 16
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
upfront 15 Aug 17
Med's Done....
passed + ADR 21 Aug 17
No. I am FSW outland applicant. I have total score of 478. I received ITA in August 2017. I did online application on oct 3. received aor on oct 3 and then within a week or so, my file was in IP1 or IP2 (not sure). After that, no updates till date. Nor did I receive any email from them asking for additional docs.
Hello try and send detail mails to the emails provided below. I hope you will hear from them soon.

Ministerial.Enquiries.Division@cic.gc.ca
Minister@cic.gc.ca or
Ahmed.hussen@parl.gc.ca
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Reactions: maki22

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
congratulations. Please how long did it take from when AVO receive your passport to getting it back?
it took us 3 weeks...oct16 to nov1

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
Hello Guys, did anyone check their CIC On-Line Services and saw the status of their application as decision made but yet to receive PUM? Also no changes on Gckey except processin
When did it change to decision made?

McAkyne

May 19, 2017
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Accra
Am in lagos, not really sure what airlines you guys have in Ghana but am sure the ones i mentioned are in Ghana as they are global. if you need to find more then i would suggest you search online but but i doubt you would find more as no airline flies to Canada direct from west Africa. But you also have an option of Ethiopian airline, they are very cheap and stop over in Addis Ababa, she won't need a visa as her Ghanian passport allows her into ethiopia without a visa, so please check on their website to see if they fly out of Accra
Yes Ethiopia Airline is available Ghana