Interview........
none scheduled
Passport Req..
28-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2018
LANDED..........
TBD
If there is anyone around still that received a decision from immigration last year, do this...

IRCC is currently conducting an online survey of clients who received a decision on their application in 2017. We have hired a research company, Advanis, to help us conduct this survey. If you are one of the randomly-selected people who receive an e-mail invitation to participate, we would appreciate your feedback!
If you don’t receive an invitation and would still like to provide your thoughts, we welcome your feedback at: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx
Hey I got randomly selected for survey on 16th Feb 2018, saying that it is for those who got decision on their application. But, I have not received any email for PPR? What does this mean?????????????
How to find out. I am waiting on the decision since Oct 3rd 2017.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Hey I got randomly selected for survey on 16th Feb 2018, saying that it is for those who got decision on their application. But, I have not received any email for PPR? What does this mean?????????????
What day did you actually apply? Are you the sponsor or the applicant?

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
After that rush of PPRs on a Sunday a few weeks ago, was hoping we might hear something today. Nothing for me .How about everyone else?

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
They will send you a form that you need to take with you. So you need to wait. But you can generally get in to the doctor's fast anyway. And it won't speed anything up .

Trust us - nothing speeds the process up :|
@RoamingSpirit Thanks for the reply. I wasn't really trying to speed things up but was basically trying to get it out of the way as i would be away from nigeria around april/may when it looks like my request will come. So just to confirm, if i choose to do an upfront one, it won't affect my application? Also, i have a 4 year old son from a previous relationship who is classed as a dependant on my application, would he have to get a medical done aswell?

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
@RoamingSpirit Thanks for the reply. I wasn't really trying to speed things up but was basically trying to get it out of the way as i would be away from nigeria around april/may when it looks like my request will come. So just to confirm, if i choose to do an upfront one, it won't affect my application? Also, i have a 4 year old son from a previous relationship who is classed as a dependant on my application, would he have to get a medical done aswell?
You can't do it upfront because you don't have the forms that they will send you. They will come in the email and will be specific to you. You can do it from another country though. Just because you are Nigerian doesn't mean you have to go to a doc in Nigeria. And yes, your son needs to have the medical done also. I am the sponsor and my husband has three kids that are on the application also. They all had to have medicals as well.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
I thought it was only me who noticed that and when an issue arises they come back to say it here for help. I think we should be transparent, you never may know what information will help anyone on the group.
Even just knowing that people are hearing from AVO is helpful - just knowing that they are working on applications gives us hope that we are next.

Reactions: donchik and maki22

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
You can't do it upfront because you don't have the forms that they will send you. They will come in the email and will be specific to you. You can do it from another country though. Just because you are Nigerian doesn't mean you have to go to a doc in Nigeria. And yes, your son needs to have the medical done also. I am the sponsor and my husband has three kids that are on the application also. They all had to have medicals as well.
Thanks a lot, you have been extremely helpful.

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Do NON-ACCOMPANYING dependant require/receive a medical aswell? Dependant from a previous relationship (Principal applicant)

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
I wouldn't answer that "survey" if I were you @tbnb. There's a lot of immigration phishing stuff out there. It won't affect your application if it is indeed legit from CIC and you ignore it.

Reactions: tbnb

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Do NON-ACCOMPANYING dependant require/receive a medical aswell? Dependant from a previous relationship (Principal applicant)
yes they do @ola22. They need an initial one, but when it's time for PPR if you get a medical form for the non-accompanying dependant, you can ask AVO to waive it.

Last edited: