+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

McAkyne

May 19, 2017
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Accra
Can someone please provide me with the cost implications of sending documents to Accra? Any idea if there’s an Express Service option? I think I’ve read several times here that the prepaid return envelope option doesn’t work in Naija even though that’s what AVO advices. Do you just send a request to DHL to pick up your document once you get PUM?
22,275 with insurance 20,700 without insurance, delivery timeline is 2 working days (express) you only inform DHL to pick up when you get PUM.

Got that from a friend working with DHL

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
22,275 with insurance 20,700 without insurance, delivery timeline is 2 working days (express) you only inform DHL to pick up when you get PUM.

Got that from a friend working with DHL
Thank you so much!

Reactions: Akanni2017

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
I don’t think it’s compulsory. I got PPR yesterday without pre arrival services mail. Pre arrival services mail came in some minutes ago.
I agree with @iyawoSparks , @Stellalawrence. We got PPR then pre-arrival services email a day or two later. Some people got pre-arrival then almost a week later, PPR.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Thanks guys!!! It came in yesterday.
Minister's email is Minister@cic.gc.ca

Please does anyone know if we can just resubmit a copy of our initial police clearance certificate? Thanks!
@SYOM if it's not invalid (i.e. some countries say 6 months, others say 1 year). Also, if it is for a country where you haven't visited nor lived in since you obtained it, you should be able to resubmit it.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Most likely AVO, cos Mississauga can't take actions again.
@Lagos babe Mississauga can take action by directing AVO to do an interview. It depends on the hidden notes they put in the code when then send the file to the visa office. e.g. if they say "not started" for background or eligibility and some other fields, it means they did a preliminary check and everything is in order. When AVO is finished with the overall file, they send back to Mississauga stating "recommend approve" or something like that..then Mississauga makes the final decision. The Visa Officer in Mississauga is the one who is the lead in all of this.

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
It is for Nigeria and it was done April/May 2017
You don't need to get another one, it is still valid.
For the purpose of immigration,PCCs are valid for twelve months.
Note that the Nigerian PCC has three months on it, but it is valid for twelve months.

akinwande

Feb 4, 2018
FinallyI House, DHL delivered My documents back on the 31st of January making it exactly one year after application. More importantly, I have stuff to share.

It got to my neck on the 29th of November and I sent AVO this:

Dear immigration officer,
Checking online application status reveals "Action Required" but I have not received any email or update from your office concerning my Application for permanent residency under family sponsorship.
I also sent you more (travel)document update on the 16th November 2017. I will appreciate knowing what is the present situation of the application.
This will also enable me to know whether or not I have missed a correspondence from you.

Thank you.
xxxxxxxxxxx

To which I got this generic response from AVO on the 30th November:

Hello,

Kindly note that your file is in queue for review and no action is required from you at this time.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxx

After that I could not keep my cool a week afterwards as my 1 year period is almost at hand and my thought is that I do not have to keep quiet till the 1-year mark hence I sent them this on the 8th of December:

Dear Immigration officer,
Friends who submitted the same sponsorship application under the same category in only a few months have at least been asked to go for medical examination while some already have theirs passed, What is going on with my own application?
The expected duration is 12 months from your website but over 10 months is gone and nothing from you.
I will be happy and relieved to get some update concerning my application please, patience while friends that applied much later are making progress is not easy to keep up with.
Thank you.
xxxxxxx

Then on the 12th of December 2017, I got this invitation for prearrival by the following automail:

You have a new message(s) in your account.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

After this I got MR and PPR on the 14th of December 2017 which I shared earlier on the forum.

I did medical, sent my Documents on the 19th December and sent them this mail:

Dear Immigration Officer,
The required medical examination was completed at an approved panel and attached is a copy of the medical test receipt. It is e-medical so, the test result is forwarded to you directly.
Today, all other requirements such as International passport, photographs, height and eye colour chat have been dispatched to your office via DHL courier.

Thank you.
xxxxx

DHL docs sent received at AVO on the 21st of December 2017. Med passed on profile on 27th dec. 2017 and then nothing. I say my counterfoil online on the 19th December that visa was issued on the 17th but no PUM.
After reading a post about how a forum member got a return DHL without getting A PUM, I decided to give them a little push again by asking for my PUM on the 24th January as pasted below:

Dear Immigration Officer,
I could see from the online GCKey that my wife's application was approved and documents issued on January 17, 2018.
Please, I'll love to send DHL to come over to your office for the document pick up immediately.
Kind regards.

Then the very next day, 25th January 2018 they replied with:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please note that your document is ready for pick-up. Kindly make an arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package.

Best regards,

Immigration Section

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (PA)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada

I sent a DHL to pick up and I got my documents delivered on the 31st January with all my picture about 130 of them.

A massive thank you to every member of this forum for all manner of experience sharing that I have learnt a great deal from.

Now my personal advice

When I read Iyawosparks email to the minister I said to myself "IYAWOSPARK SPARKED FOR THE MINISTER!!"
I will advise anyone to send factual polite emails to the minister or the AVO. their response or none, is another thing.
In my own case, I was ready to start sending them emails everyday if they won't respond and later start copying the minister everyday also till they respond. Doing this wont take me time thanks to copying and paste until they process my application. I personally would not encourage rudeness or abusive words/verbal assault but make your voice heard and who know it might just help. My partner believed or thought that probably my emails were coincident with their responses but I believe my emails were led by the spirit as my own scripture says " whatsoever I do shall prosper(prayers and factual polite emails reminders)"
My sincere congratulations to IYAWOSPARKS, and Lagos babe and all other with good news. I encourage Olawumif to be positive, prepare for the interview, be confident and pray. After all, Daniel came out of Lions Den happily. That shall be your portion in Jesus name.

God bless you all

Thank you for your information. please what is the e mail of the minister and the Accra visa office

akinwande

Feb 4, 2018
my wife Finished medical on Jan 20, and i believed its been submitted, what is the expected time time to hear from AVO
please what is the e mail of the minister and the Accra visa office

Akanni2017

Oct 4, 2017
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
File Transfer...
14-07-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
Med's Done....
19-10-2017
Passport Req..
hopeful
VISA ISSUED...
hopeful
LANDED..........
hopeful
my wife Finished medical on Jan 20, and i believed its been submitted, what is the expected time time to hear from AVO
please what is the e mail of the minister and the Accra visa office
With order of AVO regards dis wait till 5 more months and by his grace u should Roundup July so remain cool and enthusiasm. All the best to all applicants waiting. May we all smile this week ijn.

Reactions: Mylove4God2017

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
Can someone please provide me with the cost implications of sending documents to Accra? Any idea if there’s an Express Service option? I think I’ve read several times here that the prepaid return envelope option doesn’t work in Naija even though that’s what AVO advices. Do you just send a request to DHL to pick up your document once you get PUM?
No return service from Nigeria. Sending to Accra cost 19,575NGN while Pick up after PUM recievedcost 25122NGN both from DHL Isolo lagos office. Hope that helps.

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
No return service from Nigeria. Sending to Accra cost 19,575NGN while Pick up after PUM recievedcost 25122NGN both from DHL Isolo lagos office. Hope that helps.
Thank you. Sent it out earlier this morning. Express remains 2 days like @McAkyne mentioned - no amount of money for an “expresser” service or coercing could change that. Lol. Booked my ticket for next week Tuesday. By God’s Grace, I should have my passport back before then.