+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

ok1960

Sep 26, 2017
As for the silence in the forum, I think it's when there is an update in AVO that the forum will be bubbling with good news, congratulatory messages, advice and assistance.

Reactions: Akanni2017

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
As for the silence in the forum, I think it's when there is an update in AVO that the forum will be bubbling with good news, congratulatory messages, advice and assistance.
Some of the visa officers might have travelled back home for holidays. They usually go on 2 week holiday. Next week is going to be different. Keep cool you are all going to be served.

Wapsis

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
April 2017
File Transfer...
March 2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting... God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... God's grace
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Good morning all.. Please someone mentioned that he/she can get cheap flights to canada.. Please I need you

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Good morning all.. Please someone mentioned that he/she can get cheap flights to canada.. Please I need you
I think all the major airlines are charges too much especially when booking one way. In my case I booked my wife and my 20 months old daughter with air morocco for $982 Canadian.

Reactions: Wapsis

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Hello I am new to the thread. Happy holidays. I am a female canadian serbian citizen who married a ghanian citizen and moved to accra to live with him and soon after i arrived in nov 2016 we got pregnant and we just had our baby here and we are in accra as i didnt want to leave my husband and give birth in canada without the father of the baby there. our immigration consultants in canada filed our pr sponsorship papers in september of 2017 so a few months ago and the file has been transferred here to avo and they started working on it on december 5. we made a mistake of not filing as soon as i got to accra in november of 2016 but my intense job left me with no time to gather the tons of documents required. we now found out we also have to file papers for our babys citizenship and passport so thats additional processes and hassle as baby cant travel without those documents. i have a few questions about the process in accra. 1 what is really the true timeline for processing the PR spousal sponsorship in avo? is it 12 months or longer? when will our application be finalized do you think? 2. if i returned to canada before we got the decision would that impact the decision for pr? does anyone know the timeframe for getting the citizenship cert and passport for baby? 3 can the pr be expedited based on factors of having child? 4 does it matter if i am a sponsor as female and not male? i need to go back soon for medical and professional reasons and waiting so long for decision will negatively impact my life and my childs life and i dont know if i can wait it out until decision is made. can anyone shed any light and provide hope and guidance? thank you ahead of time and i hope we can be in touch throughout this process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akanni2017

Akanni2017

Oct 4, 2017
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
File Transfer...
14-07-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
Med's Done....
19-10-2017
Passport Req..
hopeful
VISA ISSUED...
hopeful
LANDED..........
hopeful
It is well just please in all documents you will present make it package in order. And get a good person to guide u for the process. People in the forum will guide u am sure. We are all hopeful for good news regards pr. 2018 wins.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
It is well just please in all documents you will present make it package in order. And get a good person to guide u for the process. People in the forum will guide u am sure. We are all hopeful for good news regards pr. 2018 wins.
Thank you.

Last edited:

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Welcome @maki22. I'm going to try and answer your 4 questions below. My answers are in italics

1 what is really the true timeline for processing the PR spousal sponsorship in avo? is it 12 months or longer? when will our application be finalized do you think?
AVO has been averaging 12-14 months. No one on this forum can tell you for sure when your application will be finalized, I'm afraid.

2. if i returned to canada before we got the decision would that impact the decision for pr? does anyone know the timeframe for getting the citizenship cert and passport for baby?
Returning to Canada should not impact your decision. I don't know about the cert for the baby, but the CIC site may be able to tell you about the timeframe
3 can the pr be expedited based on factors of having child?
I'm yet to see such a case which doesn't include humanitarian reasons (e.g. health issues or other). Several of the people on this forum who have children did not see any significant decrease in timeframe compared to those that didn't that I know of.

4 does it matter if i am a sponsor as female and not male?
There was some speculation in the forum over the past year that gender made a difference, but I haven't seen any data that suggests that. I am female Canadian and it took 14 months to sponsor my hubby.

Hello I am new to the thread. Happy holidays. I am a female canadian serbian citizen who married a ghanian citizen and moved to accra to live with him and soon after i arrived in nov 2016 we got pregnant and we just had our baby here and we are in accra as i didnt want to leave my husband and give birth in canada without the father of the baby there. our immigration consultants in canada filed our pr sponsorship papers in september of 2017 so a few months ago and the file has been transferred here to avo and they started working on it on december 5. we made a mistake of not filing as soon as i got to accra in november of 2016 but my intense job left me with no time to gather the tons of documents required. we now found out we also have to file papers for our babys citizenship and passport so thats additional processes and hassle as baby cant travel without those documents. i have a few questions about the process in accra. 1 what is really the true timeline for processing the PR spousal sponsorship in avo? is it 12 months or longer? when will our application be finalized do you think? 2. if i returned to canada before we got the decision would that impact the decision for pr? does anyone know the timeframe for getting the citizenship cert and passport for baby? 3 can the pr be expedited based on factors of having child? 4 does it matter if i am a sponsor as female and not male? i need to go back soon for medical and professional reasons and waiting so long for decision will negatively impact my life and my childs life and i dont know if i can wait it out until decision is made. can anyone shed any light and provide hope and guidance? thank you ahead of time and i hope we can be in touch throughout this process.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Welcome @maki22. I'm going to try and answer your 4 questions below. My answers are in italics

1 what is really the true timeline for processing the PR spousal sponsorship in avo? is it 12 months or longer? when will our application be finalized do you think?
AVO has been averaging 12-14 months. No one on this forum can tell you for sure when your application will be finalized, I'm afraid.

2. if i returned to canada before we got the decision would that impact the decision for pr? does anyone know the timeframe for getting the citizenship cert and passport for baby?
Returning to Canada should not impact your decision. I don't know about the cert for the baby, but the CIC site may be able to tell you about the timeframe
I'm yet to see such a case which doesn't include humanitarian reasons (e.g. health issues or other). Several of the people on this forum who have children did not see any significant decrease in timeframe compared to those that didn't that I know of.

There was some speculation in the forum over the past year that gender made a difference, but I haven't seen any data that suggests that. I am female Canadian and it took 14 months to sponsor my hubby.
Thank you kindly for your answers! I guess we need tons of patience. Congrats on positive outcome.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO @maki22,

Just to add a few more notes to the answers to your question below,

For question 2: Yes, your returning to Canada would impact the decision for your spouse's PR. Note that, it is expected that canadian citizens who sponsor their spouses for PR are expected to be living in Canada. If you are not living in Canada by the time of your sponsorship application, you are expected to prove your "Intent to return" to Canada if your spouse is granted the PR.

Hence, it will be in the favour of your application if you return to Canada with your child while the application is being processed. If you choose this route, I suggest you send an updated letter or documentation to the Accra office showing proof of your return to Canada. You can documents such as a recent tenancy/lease agreements in Canada, pay slips showing you are receiving pay in Canada, utility bills/contracts in your name, etc. It will be in your interest to do this as soon as you can after returning to Canada AND before a visa officer actually starts to review your file. This will save you lots of time.

If you are still resident in Accra (or elsewhere outside of Canada) when the visa officer starts to process your application, be sure to expect a letter from the office asking you to show proof of intent to return to Canada. In some cases, if a visa officer doesn't feel enought proof has been provided to show intent to return to Canada, such application will be denied.

Please take this advise from someone who learnt all this the hard way.