+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone i would like to wish my fellow forumers a merry christmas and a happy new year in advance. i posted about 2 weeks ago regarding more proof of my marriage. i do have insurance policy with my wife and her daughter as beneficiary but the problem on the beneficiary form, i listed my wife daughter as my child. I am wondering if its ok to send it to them as my child.Thank you
The section listed for the child was there a sub section to list it as "dependent" or child or step child?

It should not matter afterall she is your child so you can submit it.

Blackstar67

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
No. i decided to list her as my child on insurance beneficiary form back in september. but i am afraid they will say how come i listed her as my child on the beneficiary form.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
No. i decided to list her as my child on insurance beneficiary form back in september. but i am afraid they will say how come i listed her as my child on the beneficiary form.
then sounds like you already have your answer LOL
don't over think it really its insurance policy and they are not questioning your step child as your own or not

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Worse case scenario you may be asked to undergo DNA paternity test. These days they are trying to do away with documentary evidence to settle on DNA analysis. DNA test cases at IOM is more than the normal medical examination. Once the child has been listed and you did indicate she is your stepchild expect nothing more than DNA test.

Blackstar67

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
if that is going to complicate issues would it be better not to include it as part of my proof of relationship which they gave me a 30 day deadline to submit. she was listed as a dependant of my wife as part of the application.my concern was i listed her as my child as part of the beneficiary on my insurance.

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
if that is going to complicate issues would it be better not to include it as part of my proof of relationship which they gave me a 30 day deadline to submit. she was listed as a dependant of my wife as part of the application.my concern was i listed her as my child as part of the beneficiary on my insurance.
A beneficiary of your insurance. It is because of your wife that you added her. You did not list her as your dependent in the application so what is your problem? I have a similar situation. The stepchildren are listed as beneficiaries of my policy with Enterprise Life Insurance. In the application i didn't list them as dependents but my wife did. I submitted school fee paying receipts to AVO that i am taking care of my wife dependents. They were still not convinced and had to request for DNA test. Mind my words you will go for dna test. If you like, you can talk to your insurers to name her as a beneficiary. That will also be a conventional approach. Invariably, all dependents are being asked to undergo DNA test because of past experiences of our brothers and sisters. To be on the safest side talk to the insurance company to change it from a daughter to a beneficiary. Explain it to them why you want to go that direction. My wife was not a beneficiary to my insurance but i had to rope her in during the filing of application. Hurry up cos time is not on your side.

Blackstar67

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
A beneficiary of your insurance. It is because of your wife that you added her. You did not list her as your dependent in the application so what is your problem? I have a similar situation. The stepchildren are listed as beneficiaries of my policy with Enterprise Life Insurance. In the application i didn't list them as dependents but my wife did. I submitted school fee paying receipts to AVO that i am taking care of my wife dependents. They were still not convinced and had to request for DNA test. Mind my words you will go for dna test. If you like, you can talk to your insurers to name her as a beneficiary. That will also be a conventional approach. Invariably, all dependents are being asked to undergo DNA test because of past experiences of our brothers and sisters. To be on the safest side talk to the insurance company to change it from a daughter to a beneficiary. Explain it to them why you want to go that direction. My wife was not a beneficiary to my insurance but i had to rope her in during the filing of application. Hurry up cos time is not on your side.
My wife is already part of my beneficiary as my spuse.

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
so listing my wife dependant as my child on my insurance policy will not creat any confusion with the immigration people.
Fair enough. I thought you were trying to be impulsive. If what you are saying holds, then gather them and send to AVO. All the best.

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Happy New Year, everyone! Praying for the influx of good news for us all - that amongst other things, we join our spouses as soon as possible this year in Jesus name, Amen. Have an AMAZING 2018!