+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Pls guys I need advice on this, since I sent my application till now CIC changed the last letter on my last name, Its should be "M" not "N" and they have been sending me correspondence using the wrong letter. Its a fault from them when they inputed my name in the system, I have concluded medicals and waiting for PPR its still the same. I have asked the Imigration Lawyer I consulted several times, he told me that I should Ignore that for now, but I have not been comfortable when i remember the whole thing. Pls should I listen to him or should I send a notice to AVO telling them to correct it, also if i will notify them, is it better to do it in writing and Attach it to the package when ever i will be sending my passport. What do you guys advise pls.
Some immigration lawyers.....

Send a mail to AVO, explaining the error to them, you can send a copy of your passport as proof to see it's an error from their end.

If you decide to wait till passport request, note that your application would be concluded with the wrong name, and you might have to wait longer.

Act now!

jennyu

Jul 1, 2017
Another thing that I am curious about is this. I first Submited my application in March after 1 month it was returned that they needed me to include a representive, I resubmited it around June, I have done medicals since last month, will they Judged my application using March or will it be judged using June ?Tnx .
When you resubmit it goes back to the queue so most likely you will be processed as June. And they also requested for your medicals same time with June applicants so my guess is they are processing it as a June application.
Out of curiosity, did you use a representative the first time you submitted? Did he not know that you needed to include the form?

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Hi guys,I received a message yesterday from AVO that they are now completing my family application but the officer is not satisfied that my marriage is genuine.
In fact we submitted all documents we can think of(wedding pictures, means of monetary assitance,Facebook chats,call logs,letter from pastor and mother in law etc).Though we were denied in 2016.we appealed but it was nullified. We later reapplied in feb 2017 and put things in order with the assistance of MP.AVO said nothing is different from what we submitted in our first application .So they gave us 30 days to submit more evidence to prove the genuity of our marriage.
Pls any advice on what next to do is welcome.
Thanks in anticipation

jennyu

Jul 1, 2017
Pls guys I need advice on this, since I sent my application till now CIC changed the last letter on my last name, Its should be "M" not "N" and they have been sending me correspondence using the wrong letter. Its a fault from them when they inputed my name in the system, I have concluded medicals and waiting for PPR its still the same. I have asked the Imigration Lawyer I consulted several times, he told me that I should Ignore that for now, but I have not been comfortable when i remember the whole thing. Pls should I listen to him or should I send a notice to AVO telling them to correct it, also if i will notify them, is it better to do it in writing and Attach it to the package when ever i will be sending my passport. What do you guys advise pls.
You can send them an email to point out their error. Also send a letter via web form. That way you are sending it in 2 different ways :)

Reactions: Cei325

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi guys,I received a message yesterday from AVO that they are now completing my family application but the officer is not satisfied that my marriage is genuine.
In fact we submitted all documents we can think of(wedding pictures, means of monetary assitance,Facebook chats,call logs,letter from pastor and mother in law etc).Though we were denied in 2016.we appealed but it was nullified. We later reapplied in feb 2017 and put things in order with the assistance of MP.AVO said nothing is different from what we submitted in our first application .So they gave us 30 days to submit more evidence to prove the genuity of our marriage.
Thanks in anticipation
When is your application date?

Refer to couple pages we have assisted many in the same situation and take notes from there all things to present go back to about 7 pages back.

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
When you resubmit it goes back to the queue so most likely you will be processed as June. And they also requested for your medicals same time with June applicants so my guess is they are processing it as a June application.
Out of curiosity, did you use a representative the first time you submitted? Did he not know that you needed to include the form?
No I did not its the second time I did.

Blackstar67

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hello forumers. I have been secretly following this forum for quiet sometime now and I see how very helpful you guys are to each other. This is the email my wife received from AVO on Wednesday. Any input and feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) (a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. The documents on file are of little value to establish and ongoing and bona fide relationship since 2014. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

In addition, I am concerned there is no correspondence from your minor child’s father with regard to his prior relationship with you and your daughter.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within thirty days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information an officer will make a decision based on the information presented, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
Thanks in anticipation
Please dear do not panic. I went through same process of submitting additional prove of marriage genuinty as requested by AVO. All you have to do is to take your time while working with the 30days deadline given. Gather new proofs that show the relationship is genuine and ongoing especially evidences since after the submission of the application such call cards, letters from friends and family of you and your spouse, pictures taken together, visitation visas granted and flight tickets if you have visited each other, Skype calls, recent Facebook chats and whatsapp chats, evidence of joint property if any, evidence of financial support etc. At this point, your evidence and package is better outrageous than small.
Note that you may be invited for interview if they are not really convinced by what you will be sending them.
You can foward/mail your package directly to AVO mailing address through any of the good courier companies and you can also upload some of the documents you will be sending on cic website.
Please be positive and do the needful.

Goodluck.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello forumers. I have been secretly following this forum for quiet sometime now and I see how very helpful you guys are to each other. This is the email my wife received from AVO on Wednesday. Any input and feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) (a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. The documents on file are of little value to establish and ongoing and bona fide relationship since 2014. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

In addition, I am concerned there is no correspondence from your minor child’s father with regard to his prior relationship with you and your daughter.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within thirty days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information an officer will make a decision based on the information presented, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

When did you apply. What is your time line pls?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
THe choice is yours... either take the advice previously has been provided to you simply send avo correction to the name if its their error. Or wait for the aftermath which we all will not know what it is.

Reactions: Cei325

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Is it me that feels Avo has no more visa's left to give in this month????

Every other application is either refusal and or additional informatuon requires to satisfy genuity of the relationship.

Anyone who needs assistance with proving tour relationship numerous pages ahead with all details of what to provide.
ALSO its important to let us forum members know what did you initially provide in your application document of evidence wise that a vo may feel they arent satisfied.

Oh and also provide your time lines because this December month review has not been easy****for February applicants***

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
We applied feb 20,2017.
Medicals was done in August 25 2017
Has not been easy for all the feb 2017 applicants***

Dont be discouraged. Initially how many pictures did you present in your application? Was there traditional amd white wedding photos? Or was it just a court wedding with minimal people in attendance? How many times did your spouse visit you in your home country if you are the applicant? Do you have children together? How much is the gap in age difference? Did you provide any other pictures of you guys together aside deom wedding photos? Did tou privide communication evidence?

Theae questions run through VO mind when adjudicating your file.

So kindly provide us the details to my questions so we can further advise what to send them not to duplicate same info which will leas to rejection of your app.

About the children kindly provide details about the kids whos children are they.

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
Please how do anyone have the idea of how long it takes AVO to send Pick Up Mail after updating on cic GCkey account that your application have been approved?