Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Sorry to hear this @nwaefulu_716 .may God grant you help from above and wisdom to deal with this.
Congrats @Wapsis.
This rejection of a thing got me kinda worried considering the delay on my application. So i asked my husband to send me the forms again. Esp the IM5669. I was denied a visitors visa in 2014 to canada and an american visa in 2015 but inforgot to include in the form that i was denied an american visa. I only stated the refusal to canada. Do i need to send an updated form informing them about the uSA visa. Tho on my gcms notes they noted that id been refused a visa to canada before.
What do i do?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Sorry to hear this @nwaefulu_716 .may God grant you help from above and wisdom to deal with this.
Congrats @Wapsis.
This rejection of a thing got me kinda worried considering the delay on my application. So i asked my husband to send me the forms again. Esp the IM5669. I was denied a visitors visa in 2014 to canada and an american visa in 2015 but inforgot to include in the form that i was denied an american visa. I only stated the refusal to canada. Do i need to send an updated form informing them about the uSA visa. Tho on my gcms notes they noted that id been refused a visa to canada before.
What do i do?
5669 is a TRAP form .....

So far on the positive light you have declared refusal of Canada there is only 2 check box for the admission slow. But the explanation part you should have declared both countries with that said USA/Canadian borders are like brothers and sisters they correspond with each other often.

then again the section is ticked off so its applicable for all countries so since you already declared that .
so its just that it states if you have any of the questionnaires as YES to provide details. And you did for Canada but not the other countries so this one is 50/50

Elohim

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
on the same related issue....I was refused PR VISA in 2016. Should i tick YES for both qst 4 D & E or just yes for 4D?

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant

So far on the positive light you have declared refusal of Canada there is only 2 check box for the admission slow. But the explanation part you should have declared both countries with that said USA/Canadian borders are like brothers and sisters they correspond with each other often.

then again the section is ticked off so its applicable for all countries so since you already declared that .
so its just that it states if you have any of the questionnaires as YES to provide details. And you did for Canada but not the other countries so this one is 50/50
Thanks @Cutie101 . We would get across to our immigration friend and ask if we should notify cic of the omission. I really wouldnt want to have issues that others have overcome on this page. Thanks for your response. It was a bit reassuring

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
im guessing the YES is for both D & E. tHANKS
Yes
It asks if you have been refused admissions
And the other way if u been refused for entries such as visa for visit.. pr and rest. Answer both yes and give explanation in the comment below.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Thanks @Cutie101 . We would get across to our immigration friend and ask if we should notify cic of the omission. I really wouldnt want to have issues that others have overcome on this page. Thanks for your response. It was a bit reassuring
Your welcome. All the very best dont worry appeal may take additional time but you will get PR at the end jus make sure to have all your answers ready.

Joejj123

Dec 1, 2017

Try to stay positive, the IMM5669 form is a trap.
Most people from other countries like Jamaica/India forums with similar errors/omissions are approved either by interview or waived interviews within 6 to 8months without delay.

The AVO should also consider fairness by requesting that the form should be updated by the applicant or request for interview before making a decision.

Reactions: Cutie101

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Try to stay positive, the IMM5669 form is a trap.
Most people from other countries like Jamaica/India forums with similar errors/omissions are approved either by interview or waived interviews within 6 to 8months without delay.

The AVO should also consider fairness by requesting that the form should be updated by the applicant or request for interview before making a decision.

I concur...
So during appeal letter it shld be included that the AVO should have atleast as the applicant to correct the form prior to decision. The applicant has the right to be heard and this avo clearly did not do their due diligience.

Joejj123

Dec 1, 2017
I concur...
So during appeal letter it shld be included that the AVO should have atleast as the applicant to correct the form prior to decision. The applicant has the right to be heard and this avo clearly did not do their due diligience.
Due diligence is required when processing PR applications and more countries are getting fair treatment compared to AVO.

I’m not just quoting the two countries that I did mentioned, but after reviewing numerous forums I did understand that there are more terrible omissions/errors that did occurred on most applicants application but the VO did send them a fairness letter and requesting that they correct/respond to the letter with explanation within 30days or 60days. Why is AVO difficult or any difference. God will help us all

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
I am very sorry@nwaefulu, just stay strong you will win at the end. My advice is make a right decision when it comes to a lawyer cos I was in a situation like yours before but I made my decision to do things myself due to my previous experience and my wife's application was approved without an interview so yes you can.

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Good day all,

I was approved to sponsor my wife on April 28th 2017 and her application was forwarded to Accra Ghana on June 12 2017 and I sent them an email on Sep 1 2017 and below was their reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that your application is currently in queue for review; however an exact schedule is not available at this time. As you know, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received. Please refer to the CIC web site for information on standard processing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca

No further action is required by you at this time. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

My worry is that I haven't received an official AOR2 from them or any update and her medical expired Nov already. Is there anyone with similar situation or have the same timeline like mine?

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
I dont understand why people still give their applications to some lawyers to mess up at the end of the day. Some are even paralegals. They dont know anything. My PR in canada i did it myself. I applied as skilled worker in 2003 after my program. Some told me because i did not give it to a lawyer it would be refused. What a lawyer can read, i can also read and understand more than he does. They take your money and screw up your life later. By the way, persevere and you shall succeed.
Nwaefulu,so sorry for what happened. Life goes on but never relent.I know how you are feeling as my family was in a similar situation before.We applied in 2014 , we were granted interview in 2016 to clear some doubts but due to our own error and not being honest enough,they refused my family.The decision letter was even sent same day.
I want to agree with cosey, some lawyers are not competent enough while some are paralegal.They don't even know as much as some of us do.I contacted a lawyer for an appeal case but he messed up the whole thing.He wasted our time and not competent enough.The case was dismissed.We ought to have re-applied and corrected all noticeable errors and save our time.
I have been filling all applications here in canada by self and it has been working well.Those incompetent lawyers are after their money.
My dear,if re-application will be a better option,pls do to avoid a waste of precious time of waiting for IAD decision.It may take up to a year and half for decision to be made unless the case is dimissed which can take up to 4 months to get a decision.
please check Internet, ask questions,seek information, contact different lawyers for a better option.
God will intervene in Jesus name.
We are February applicant (new application).We pray to hear good news soonest in Jesus name.

Last edited:

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Good day all,

I was approved to sponsor my wife on April 28th 2017 and her application was forwarded to Accra Ghana on June 12 2017 and I sent them an email on Sep 1 2017 and below was their reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that your application is currently in queue for review; however an exact schedule is not available at this time. As you know, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received. Please refer to the CIC web site for information on standard processing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca

No further action is required by you at this time. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

My worry is that I haven't received an official AOR2 from them or any update and her medical expired Nov already. Is there anyone with similar situation or have the same timeline like mine?
What is your timeline?
My app similar to yours... we are all waiting.
AvO has started reviewing feb 2017 applicants

If your wife gets approved you have to do medicals again. When did you apply initially?