App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Good day all, my visa will be expiring on the 7th of December. Sent in my passport on the 21st of November and up till now Accra hasn't sent me pick up mail. Any need to worry?
Keep messaging them and giving them the details upfront, no long stories so someone doesn't toss your email aside. You are already on a slippery slope and if you are in Nigeria you need to factor in the time for DHL to pick and return your passport which AVO wouldn't take any blame for. You might also want to book your ticket now (preferably one that leaves at night in case your passport is due to come in that day) and pay for coverage to cancel it for a full refund. You don't want to get your passport and because the time frame is narrow you have to pay an outrageous amount for the ticket.

jellyfish_smile

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Keep messaging them and giving them the details upfront, no long stories so someone doesn't toss your email aside. You are already on a slippery slope and if you are in Nigeria you need to factor in the time for DHL to pick and return your passport which AVO wouldn't take any blame for. You might also want to book your ticket now (preferably one that leaves at night in case your passport is due to come in that day) and pay for coverage to cancel it for a full refund. You don't want to get your passport and because the time frame is narrow you have to pay an outrageous amount for the ticket.
My dear I did send them a message on Saturday morning, no reply as usual just the auto response. If I didn't hear anything by 12 pm today I 'll surely send another and another one by 6 pm. I booked my ticket already and I 'll be flying from lagos, though I stay at port harcourt. Is frustrating how AVO sees the time frame requires to make the trip and still keep hold of the passport like everything is okay. I tire o.

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
My dear I did send them a message on Saturday morning, no reply as usual just the auto response. If I didn't hear anything by 12 pm today I 'll surely send another and another one by 6 pm. I booked my ticket already and I 'll be flying from lagos, though I stay at port harcourt. Is frustrating how AVO sees the time frame requires to make the trip and still keep hold of the passport like everything is okay. I tire o.
I think i should take a cue from you and start mailing them already....if @Skod who avo recieved our passport at the same time and day already recieved PUM...then i better start worrying and mailing them cos my visa also expires on the 20th of december..

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
They don't work on Saturdays so they'll see the email today hopefully. You may just get PUM today, they must have placed you on some sort of priority queue.

jellyfish_smile

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
I think i should take a cue from you and stasm already....if @Skod who avo recieved our passport at the same time and day already recieved PUM...then i better start worrying and mailing them cos my visa also expires on the 20th of december..
You have to, you might think 20th is still far and if by 10th they haven't sent you pum, you start fretting. Better you start it now.

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
Those that have gotten PPR, did you need to send the IMM008 (generic form) again along with your passport OR do you only do dat when their is a change in ur family configuration??

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
Those that have gotten PPR, did you need to send the IMM008 (generic form) again along with your passport OR do you only do dat when their is a change in ur family configuration??
I believe you only do that when there is a change in family configuration or when specifically asked by them..

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
AVO can be very stressful to deal with that why I decided to accept their offer for my wife to leave in less than 3 weeks. Even now that she has done a new medical they called her this morning asking for her medical which she told them she has done it already. Then they were asking for the right of the permanent residence fee which I have already paid and sent them the receipt then I send them the receipt again after we had the call.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Its like they do not ever review the initial submission of application from CIC mississauga. They always ask for things they already have and starting to seem incompetent. I can see the frustration its almost over :)

jellyfish_smile

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
AVO can be very stressful to deal with that why I decided to accept their offer for my wife to leave in less than 3 weeks. Even now that she has done a new medical they called her this morning asking for her medical which she told them she has done it already. Then they were asking for the right of the permanent residence fee which I have already paid and sent them the receipt then I send them the receipt again after we had the call.
Indeed they can be. After sending them email this morning, got a call from them almost immediately. Asking if I already booked a flight and I said yes and she asked what day, I told her. She said she will get back to me later and I'm still waiting for pum till now. Really frustrating indeed.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Indeed they can be. After sending them email this morning, got a call from them almost immediately. Asking if I already booked a flight and I said yes and she asked what day, I told her. She said she will get back to me later and I'm still waiting for pum till now. Really frustrating indeed.
Seems like they haven't issued the visa yet. Hopefully they conclude it today.