File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
Hello House. Wow, it is looking a lot like Christmas over here. Congrats to the people who recently received PPR.

Just an update on my application before I leave the forum...
We finally got PUM today after 33 days. I’m not sure why it took that long, seeing as the visa was issued on the 16th of November as per MyCic but all well and good.

Goodluck to everyone still waiting. I hope your prayers are answered soon.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
I'm just wondering. For those who have travelled with Ethiopian Airlines, would you recommend them or would you fly them again in future?

Reactions: Skod and Tosode

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Congratulations! I hope AVO stops this holding of passports for a long time so that we can spend the holiday with our families. After waiting 14 months for a decision, holding ones passport for another month is a mess.
Hello House. Wow, it is looking a lot like Christmas over here. Congrats to the people who recently received PPR.

We finally got PUM today after 33 days. I’m not sure why it took that long, seeing as the visa was issued on the 16th of November as per MyCic but all well and good.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
I'm just wondering. For those who have travelled with Ethiopian Airlines, would you recommend them or would you fly them again in future?
ET is clean. however I didn't like their food and my friend who also used them after me said same.
long fly from addis to Toronto. 16+hours.
From addis to Dublin, they change flight crew for about an hour and then continue on to Toronto.

from my experience, I would stick to flying through Europe. but ET is not so bad if you are ok with the long haul but their food is a no for me

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Congratulations! I hope AVO stops this holding of passports for a long time so that we can spend the holiday with our families. After waiting 14 months for a decision, holding ones passport for another month is a mess.
I would not really call it a mess.

They usually verify the PCC sent along with the passport, and for those with multiple travel history and PCC, it takes a longer time.

Ideally, PPR comes last,after final verification, but AVO has deployed the plan of requesting everything together, and holding on to the passport, to keep people silent.

This week, a forum member got PCC request after PPR. Some even get medical request, after PPR, if the medical has not been posted, by the hospital.

AVO will not issue PUM, if background check is not complete, and if all PCC are not complete.

I hope that AVO conduct verifications faster, and do things right.

Reactions: Akanni2017

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
I would not really call it a mess.

They usually verify the PCC sent along with the passport, and for those with multiple travel history and PCC, it takes a longer time.

Ideally, PPR comes last,after final verification, but AVO has deployed the plan of requesting everything together, and holding on to the passport, to keep people silent.

This week, a forum member got PCC request after PPR. Some even get medical request, after PPR, if the medical has not been posted, by the hospital.

AVO will not issue PUM, if background check is not complete, and if all PCC are not complete.

I hope that AVO conduct verifications faster, and do things right.
Still sounds like a mess to me. Especially with seeing people whose visas have been issued as seen on their gc accounts and get their PUM weeks later. There are people whose PUM are issued within a week or less of submitting their passports because AVO is trying to beat the expiration of their medicals. I don't believe they would compromise on security because they are trying to beat the medical expiration so if they can do all those verifications and issue the visa within a few days then it is strange that it can't be common practice for them, Its unusual but we have come to see it as normal along with many other things that happen with AVO. Well, no one can really tells what goes on within those walls but I can just speak for the type of feelings it elicits.

Last edited:

Grace_2017

Oct 17, 2017
Hello members, yesterday we were talking about the DHL and I think anyone who goes to Accra should take a chance to send everything right there very fast and convenient. My wife went to do medical yesterday so I told her to send everything in Accra instead of going back home to send. The package was received at DHL facilities in Accra yesterday around 12.30pm and it was delivered the sameday AVO around 3:15pm when I checked the tracking number this morning was signed by Nabi Jones. Thanks in advance for reading
@bbccanada Please how much it costs to send a package to AVO from ghana?

9jaflower

Oct 12, 2017

Ahh finally! am still waiting for mine o..... congratulations to you

Tosode

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Root
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03 Jan 16
Nomination.....
19 July 16
AOR Received.
17 Nov 16
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
upfront 15 Aug 17
Med's Done....
passed + ADR 21 Aug 17

I recommend them and will use them cos they are reliable

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
It’s Grace .
It sure is Grace..cos myCIC account shows that they have completed everything regarding my file and even issued counterfoil number..I don't know What's keeping The, from sending me pickup mail knowing very well that I have less time to travel before my medical expires..

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
MyCIC account shows my application has been approved and counterfoil issued on my passport...I am yet to receive pickup mail..is this normal? Should I mail them in case they missed it ? I have a deadline of 20th December as issued by them when they requested for my passport...Biko my people tell me what to do

Limanye

Sep 30, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
File Transfer...
27-02-2017
Some bright news today. My husband missed a call from the AVO this morning. He was feeling bad that he had missed the call since the office was closed when he called back. But then we received 2 emails, one requesting that my husband complete his medical exam and the other one for pre-arrival services. This seems to me like a good indication of positive future news. We applied Jan 31st 2017 with the old application package. My husband was not allowed to complete his medical exam upfront in January since they were transitioning to the new process then. So it seems they are working steadily through applications at AVO. I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences here. It is very helpful.

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
I sent them an updated police clearance yesterday via DHL but it was a colored photocopy, was it a wrong thing I did???
What we did after receiving our request for Police Clearance, Medical and PPR all at the same time:
My husband did his Medical then went in for police clearance. The police report we didn't get right away, we were told it would take a few days. However in an effort not miss our deadline (15 days). We did the following:
In our online account- CIC- under 'view submitted application' - that section has all documents they (AVO) requested and the due date. There is also an option to upload them online. - (Medical, Police Clearance & Other optional documents)
So we uploaded the Medical confirmation (under that section) then a copy of the Police Clearance request confirmation under optional documents with a letter explaining that as soon as its available we would submit it. We packaged all and also couriered it the AVO.
Then later, after receiving the Police Clearance we uploaded a copy of the actual certificate online 'under that section'-(view submitted application) Police clearance then couriered it to AVO.
This we hoped would give them enough proof and some leeway for them to continue working on our file while actual documents are in transit.
Our police certificate is still in transit, but our account now says background check in progress ( I guess they are using what we uploaded).
I would advise any one in this situation to be pro-active and utilize the website as much as possible to expedite your file.

Hoping for PUM next week (prayers!!)
Good luck to us all.

Reactions: Skod and Kwamtin