Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
@queenanetor, if you click "view submitted application" under that status table, you will see what docs they are requesting you upload. in my case it was the same as I had sent to Accra so I just uploaded them there too (just in case).
I told my husband to upload the stuff but he just went ahead of sent everything to AVO via DHL..am just hoping DHL didn't mess up

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
Sorry for the typo. I was trying to say that there is no where on the website for me to attach the documents because I linked my account after they requested the documents.
You can upload the ones you have and ask for an extension for the one you don't have in ur possession yet, I've seen many instances where other VO offices gives an extension .

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Trudeau is too busy saving refugees of other nations instead of looking at members of his own in Canada. we mind as well file for refugee status for our foreign national spouses seems refugee and express entry are the only way to Canada now.
This is illinformed and discriminatory and totally uncalled for. Not to mention wildly untrue. You have no idea what refugees go through. The Syrian family who was supposed to move to my community has been in a refugee camp for five years and have had their application processing for three years and because the quota has been met for the year (which is a fraction of the family class quota) they have been told they have to wait at least another 18 months. You've been waiting less than a year, you're sponsoring your spouse who can't even be turned down if they were deathly ill unlike every other immigration class. Educate yourself, just because you're frustrated with the process don't use refugees as a scapegoat because that only perpetuates discrimination as there are people out there who think that even spousal immigrants shouldn't be allowed in Canada. Here are some videos that can help clear up some immigration questions. Stop perpetuating hate against refugees.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian-immigration-video-explainers-1.4370680

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
@becos

I am not hating on Refugees lets relax...
I stated my opinion which I am entitled to correct?? As you have stated your own if you did not like how it came across then that's something you need to deal with. You have been frustrated too as well as everyone else. I have seen some report and I don't doubt that they are suffering same time it does not mean we are not as important. I am a citizen .. paying taxes same funding that helps out these refugees once they immigrate here so I CAN be frustrated does not equal Hate so maybe you should look educate yourself too on the definition of hate :) ...
I DO NOT HATE REFUGEES.. WHERE DO YOU GET I HATE REFUGEES. My comment stated what the PM has been up to. So because I have been waiting little over 7 months I should not be frustrated? coming from you as you been complaining too I beg let me not start.. Thank you..

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/08/05/justin-trudeau-canada-has-capacity-to-process-refugees_a_23066175/

becos

Aug 25, 2016
I stated my opinion which I am entitled to correct?? as you have stated your own if you did not like how it came across then that's something you need to deal with. You have been frustrated too as well as everyone else. I have seen some report and I don't doubt they are not suffering same time it does not mean we are just as important.

I stated my opinion which I am entitled to correct?? As you have stated your own if you did not like how it came across then that's something you need to deal with. You have been frustrated too as well as everyone else. I have seen some report and I don't doubt they are not suffering same time it does not mean we are not as important. I am a citizen .. paying taxes same funding that helps out these refugees once they immigrate here so I CAN be frustrated ...
I DO NOT HATE REFUGEES.. WHERE DO YOU GET I HATE REFUGEES. My comment stated what the PM has been up to. So because I have been waiting little over 7 months I should not be frustrated? coming from you as you been complaining too I beg let me not start. Thank you.
You clearly missed the point. What you are stating is fake and not fact. I never said you hate refugees but you are perpetuating hate. I never said you can't be frustrated. And yes I have been frustrated but I have never been ignorant enough to say my husband should apply as a refugee because he'll get here faster. You're immaturity shouting at me is ridiculous. You're not the first person to spew out out illinformed information about refugees on this forum. And others may not stand up to it but I will. Because it's wrong. I'm not saying you're a bad person, I'm not saying you can't be frustrated, what I'm saying is educate yourself on the facts about immigration numbers and that we should all be grateful for being able to even apply in this class of immigration. Anyways I'm not here to fight. I was actually coming on here tonight to say my goodbyes but couldn't let this comment slide. I guess now that's turned sour and that all my assistance to others is spoiled by you shouting at me when I am trying to stand up to ignorance. Let it be.

Reactions: nwaefulu_716

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
You clearly missed the point. What you are stating is fake and not fact. I never said you hate refugees but you are perpetuating hate. I never said you can't be frustrated. And yes I have been frustrated but I have never been ignorant enough to say my husband should apply as a refugee because he'll get here faster. You're immaturity shouting at me is ridiculous. You're not the first person to spew out out illinformed information about refugees on this forum. And others may not stand up to it but I will. Because it's wrong. I'm not saying you're a bad person, I'm not saying you can't be frustrated, what I'm saying is educate yourself on the facts about immigration numbers and that we should all be grateful for being able to even apply in this class of immigration. Anyways I'm not here to fight. I was actually coming on here tonight to say my goodbyes but couldn't let this comment slide. I guess now that's turned sour and that all my assistance to others is spoiled by you shouting at me when I am trying to stand up to ignorance. Let it be.
I did not miss your point furthermore it was a joke in my earlier post clearly you missed the joke. YOU came at me shouting and started being rude how did you want the response to be sweetie? So enjoy your time off and life all the best wishes and thank you for all your great contributions.

Last edited:

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
@waitingInTO thank you so much. Those links are very helpful. I was able to contact the police department today and I wild start the process tomorrow and it wold take about a month. I'm just annoyed CIC would all of a sudden start asking for state clearance when they have never mentioned this on their site. They have only insisted on fbi clearance. I would send them what I have in the meantime, hoping they would waive that stupid state clearance while I wait for it.

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
I got this email this morning and was given 30 days to comply. I have my fbi clearance waiting but I've never heard of a state of a state of texas report. I've searched online with no result. Please who knows how this works or approximately how long it takes.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Ø Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination.

Ø Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate. how long has principal applicant stayed in USA? If <6 months and she returned to Nigeria, please provide updated Nigeria PC. If >6months and she has returned to Nigeria please provide not only Nigeria PC update but also USA FBI and state of Texas PC.

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***
I'm pretty sure they are asking for the fbi report and a state of Texas police certificate ( was the principle applicant living in texas)?

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
I'm pretty sure they are asking for the fbi report and a state of Texas police certificate ( was the principle applicant living in texas)?
Nevermind. Seems you got your answer already

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Nevermind. Seems you got your answer already
Yeah I can see they are asking for both. I'm just annoyed because I've never know the state clearance to be a requirement just the fbi but I'll start working on it anyway.

Reactions: colmiz

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
@becos and @cutie01 guys take it easy... i felt this way too until i was educated by my wife about the refugees..i understand cutie101's frustration and ofcourse i understand your angle becos...you've seen their stories....even after everything i've been told about the refugees..i still have my reservations and fears for the future..but lets remember we are a family here..

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
Ok quick advice for a friend guys... They applied November 3rd and Got PPR with remedical and police report submission along with the passport yesterday, problem is the husband is presently in the US and they are asking for FBI report which will take 3months and also the police report from Nigeria..all of which they submitted initially...she's distraught right now...what should they do..AVo gave them 15days to submit all the documents...

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Ok quick advice for a friend guys... They applied November 3rd and Got PPR with remedical and police report submission along with the passport yesterday, problem is the husband is presently in the US and they are asking for FBI report which will take 3months and also the police report from Nigeria..all of which they submitted initially...she's distraught right now...what should they do..AVo gave them 15days to submit all the documents...
Please did they ask them for a state police report from the US as well apart from the fbi clearance?

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
Please did they ask them for a state police report from the US as well apart from the fbi clearance?
yes they asked for both...