+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

BaJay

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
I sent an email to immigration minister at the end of July , as of today, no reply.
In as much as we want our voices heard, I believe the best thing is to remain patient. Our files won't be kept untouched forever.

Reactions: colmiz

treasure t

Oct 18, 2017
I sent an email to immigration minister at the end of July , as of today, no reply.
In as much as we want our voices heard, I believe the best thing is to remain patient. Our files won't be kept untouched forever.
You are not missing anything at all. This is the reply I got.

Dear xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your correspondence of October 13, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your spouse’s application for permanent residence. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

We understand your reason for writing and your wish to have your husband join you in Canada as soon as possible. To complete the processing of partner and spousal applications, the sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship, and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that the Department’s partner agencies may need in providing input are something over which IRCC has no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, applicants are required to update their results.

Departmental records confirm that your application was received on November 22, 2016, and is currently in progress at the visa office in Accra. Currently, it takes approximately 12 months to process a routine application for Permanent Residence under the Family Class. Non-routine applications may take longer, depending on their complexity. Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on the IRCC Website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Ministerial Enquiries

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
35days today my passport has been with avo, mycic account approved with counterfoil. They want us to always remind of everything.
@tender at this point if you haven’t done so already I would send an email to the minister’s office providing the timeline of your PPR and put that as the subject. Something like “Passport sent, approved and stamped but not returned for 35 days” and ask what the hold up could be.

In one of my emails to the minister I made reference that my gcms notes were not showing much and the latest one (#3) was not even processed and I got an email about my gcms notes the next day - at week 3 after I requested the notes. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. They do act on it.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM

Dear xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your correspondence of October 13, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your spouse’s application for permanent residence. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

We understand your reason for writing and your wish to have your husband join you in Canada as soon as possible. To complete the processing of partner and spousal applications, the sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship, and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that the Department’s partner agencies may need in providing input are something over which IRCC has no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, applicants are required to update their results.

Departmental records confirm that your application was received on November 22, 2016, and is currently in progress at the visa office in Accra. Currently, it takes approximately 12 months to process a routine application for Permanent Residence under the Family Class. Non-routine applications may take longer, depending on their complexity. Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on the IRCC Website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Ministerial Enquiries[/QUOTE

so are these not the same routine check with admissibility as they do for express entry processed by the same visa office in accra and express entry is within 6 months or less so this email is bullshit upon reading this. I am so annoyed with the automated responses. so are they not checking security clearance for skilled workers and PNP express entries?

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
I ordered one they quoted 31 days and they are also extremely busy if you don' recurve it in 31 days you are to contact them. seems everything is on backlog yet they won't hire more staff
Yes my first 3 that I ordered always came like clockwork by the 29th day. I’m just trying to figure out if it’s just me or they are generally delayed.
I agree with

I know this waiting process is very frustrating, but at the same time this forum and it's members has been very helpful, in terms of sharing information, I believe this was demonstrated here as well. I have been following this forum since 2016 until I finally decided to join the forum. The idea about sending unsolicited additional documents was openly discussed in the forum as I can clearly remember. As becos and Mrs Koj rightly said this is not a. Problem with us or the forum, this is a problem with AVO. I have emailed the minister for immigration, gone to see my mp and even emailed AVO regarding our application. I can't say at this point if that even makes any difference to be honest. So please let's be patient and just continue to encourage each other
thanks for the response. I must have been the only one who missed the discussion about the unsolicited docs in April and March. I’m not disputing it was discussed, but when it was was discussed (or I noticed it) was what I was using as a poor example of the point I was really trying to get across.

As @Cutie101 picked up on in my message. There is SOMETHING the other cultural groups do that we need to figure out and learn. I’m not saying it’s all good, cos I’ve seen some of what that takes in the workplace and some goes against my morals. I don’t believe in excluding others due to race, education nor looks so I have been oblivious to the need for this mobilization until this sponsorship. But with respect to immigration - if we can figure that out, it will help others tremendously.

As @Cutie101 mentioned if you walk into a large organization, you see the different “waves” of ethnic groups (never sub-Saharan African). My most recent place I was contracted to, one could not help notice a whole floor of people of the same race. Then you encounter another ethnic group and realized their tenure is also clustered with those from their group. Now I believe in merit for getting where one needs to be. So I look at the waves with a little “corner eye.” However, if we figure out/learn their mobilization skills and processes (which most of the time they are willing to share) and apply it to other things like immigration, that will help us. The one I have learned from them is they are very very transparent with each other.

It just frustrates me that younger people after us have to go through this again. We have brilliant young people sitting around in ghana and being told the standard, “lack of funds, travel experiences and family ties” as the reason their visas are denied. Surely the same can be said of their peers in other countries?

I do see in News of MPs and other dignitaries meeting with the so-and-so cultural organization, but have never seen one for west African communities. We are not a force they are worried about keeping happy.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Wishing everyone good luck in this new week and praying that most of us have the gift of reuniting with our loved ones before the year runs out. Let us also remember that we are all in this struggle together and not be quick to take offence at what other members of the forum "failed" to do as we expected them to. This forum has been a source of strength and encouragement to many of us. Imagine not having an outlet like this to vent or even get the slightest clue about what is going on at AVO or somewhere to get advice concerning challenges we may run into during the process. Let everyone share as much as they are comfortable with, bearing in mind that the information helps other people on the forum. At the same time, let us try to keep this place a judgement and stereotype free zone so that it continues to flourish and future applicants have the same opportunity to gain from it.
In other news, 13 months and counting :mad:. I hope the remaining October applicants hear from AVO this week @BaJay etc

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year

Dear xxxxxxxx

Sincerely,

Ministerial Enquiries
Ha! @treasure t you got more than most of us :). At least it appears a human being responded to yours. All three of mine got an automated response with some of the boilerplate sections in your email in it. But no personal touch.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Wishing everyone good luck in this new week and praying that most of us have the gift of reuniting with our loved ones before the year runs out. Let us also remember that we are all in this struggle together and not be quick to take offence at what other members of the forum "failed" to do as we expected them to. This forum has been a source of strength and encouragement to many of us. Imagine not having an outlet like this to vent or even get the slightest clue about what is going on at AVO or somewhere to get advice concerning challenges we may run into during the process. Let everyone share as much as they are comfortable with, bearing in mind that the information helps other people on the forum. At the same time, let us try to keep this place a judgement and stereotype free zone so that it continues to flourish and future applicants have the same opportunity to gain from it.
In other news, 13 months and counting :mad:. I hope the remaining October applicants hear from AVO this week @BaJay etc
Amen! I really hope it’s a busy week too!

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Can someone please tell me what is routine and no routine application
It’s hard to say @treasure t. I have a coworker whose mother-in-law‘s application took 9 years (in land, European country I don recall which), so I hope that’s non-routine. I think that’s their way of giving themselves wiggle room in the 12 month estimate. But I doubt they’d publish what routine is so people can hang it over their head as a checklist. Non-routine obviously could have as many permutations as our various paths in life...

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
35days today my passport has been with avo, mycic account approved with counterfoil. They want us to always remind of everything.
Wow. 35 days to issue a visa? They are probably still “working” on your file. That’s crazy. I pray you hear back this week.

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
I sent an email in August, I believe and I only got a response last week. Basic generic response. They didn’t even acknowledge that we already got PPR. I wonder if they even reach out to the VO at all for applicants who send emails.