+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Pete2020

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Like @Ugoswife we got asked to bring a copy of signed ID from the mother to the interview along with passport photos for the son (that's all we were asked to bring). The son is non accompanying and I think they just wanted to check why my husband didn't want him to come, and we didn't because he lives full time with the mother. In our original application we submitted signed affidavits from the mother and my husband to say the boy was their son and he would be non accompanying. So AVO was just following up with this issue and asked for those two docs. My husband got a copy of the mothers SSNIT card and voters ID card. And had her sign the photo copies. We'd also had them notarized by a lawyer with an affidavit but in the interview the lady said that wasn't necessary, but we'd already done it. The interview was thirty minutes long, and we received our medical request twenty minutes later and PPR two days later. Hope that helps.
Are you say that interview comes before medical request?

Pete2020

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
@cutie, I agree with what you saying but you have to understand that once a file is transferred to the processing destination all the power to deal with the application is transferred as well so whatever AVO office requested SAGA will never interfere in that even if you call them they will tell you to call the Visa Office which would be more stressful than even doing the DNA. In addition, there is no way AVO will process application like that not only Cosey but to any of us on this forum without asking for something regarding the number of children in question no way. For example when I was applying for citizenship certificate for my own biological daughter only God knows the stress the AVO put me through. Even when the certificate was processed here in Canada send to AVO for pick up they never called us until I was told it was sent to Accra before I sent my wife to pick up. Hence I think the best thing is to do the DNA even though it is expensive but we have to deal with the evils sitting at the AVO stressing people out.
Is it the right thing not to inform you about the certificate?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Are you say that interview comes before medical request?
I am a 2016 app and it works differently. We submitted medical with our original app, it expired. Then we had an interview where we were asked to bring a couple of documents, we were given re medical right afterwards and PPR right after that. Getting Medical request as a 2017 app does not mean PPR soon.

Pete2020

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
I am a 2016 app and it works differently. We submitted medical with our original app, it expired. Then we had an interview where we were asked to bring a couple of documents, we were given re medical right afterwards and PPR right after that. Getting Medical request as a 2017 app does not mean PPR soon.
It might work differently too as you said. Maybe for AVO, I know for other visa offices across the globe getting medical request is 2 to 3 months before passport request. #AVO needs more hands. Thanks

Reactions: mrsibeh

becos

Aug 25, 2016
It might work differently too as you said. Maybe for AVO, I know for other visa offices across the globe getting medical request is 2 to 3 months before passport request. #AVO needs more hands. Thanks
For sure. I just meant it's not immiediate like it is for 2016 AVO apps. Best of luck with your app.

Reactions: Pete2020

Mimikoms

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Hello good people, please I need help. Just got a mail from AVO and I need help on what to do.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class.

Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Section 117(9) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, stipulates:

A foreign national shall not be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if

(c) the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse and

(i) the sponsor or the foreign national was, at the time of their marriage, the spouse of another person.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonable requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that the WAEC certificate which you have provided in support of your application is fraudulent.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation

(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act

40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):

(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information in this regard. Please respond using the address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence.

If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

We look forward to receiving your additional information.

Regards,

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Hello good people, please I need help. Just got a mail from AVO and I need help on what to do.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class.

Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Section 117(9) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, stipulates:

A foreign national shall not be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if

(i) the sponsor or the foreign national was, at the time of their marriage, the spouse of another person.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonable requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that the WAEC certificate which you have provided in support of your application is fraudulent.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation

(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act

40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):

(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information in this regard. Please respond using the address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence.

If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

We look forward to receiving your additional information.

Regards,
Is there something wrong with your WAEC certificate like an error in spelling of your names or issuing date contrasting with what you filled in any of the forms?

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
@Mimikoms can you get a letter from The West African Examinations Council cooraberatimg evidence such as letter addressing the certificate is genuine and original.

Mimikoms

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Is there something wrong with your WAEC certificate like an error in spelling of your names or issuing date contrasting with what you filled in any of the forms?
None that I'm aware of, it's the same name we have in ha application but I will do a double check to see

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hey @Mimikoms , I'm not sure if you have addressed this section yet (overall this email is super confusing, I don't knnow why AVO can't lay out their emails in a more clear and concise way)

Other than you WAEC certificate, I think they are also concerned that the PA or the sponsor was either married or in a common law relationship or just a relationship with someone else at the time of your marriage. Is there any reason they might misunderstand something and think this?

Remember you can email them and clearly ask them for clarification on the certain sections you are unclear about. That might be a good idea to ensure you provide them with exactly what they need.