Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
I sent them a mail already no response. My passport is with them and my flight is very close. 29days now avo received my passport and 15days approved on mycic.
chai! @tender Send them a CSE through the online form and spell out that it's taken 29 days.

Reactions: tender

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
We did the medical yesterday, but no updates in our online accounts.

Update Day 8:

Overall Status: Request for Passport, re-medical completed yesterday and police clearance (pending)
PPR Submission Day: t-8

This is what our cic account says:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Other: Also got an invitation on mycic for pre-arrival services

This is what our ECAS says:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 11, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on November 15, 2016.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 24, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: me2605

Pete2020

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
How long does it take to get a medical request when an application is transferred to Accra Visa Office?

Last edited:

Wapsis

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
April 2017
File Transfer...
March 2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting... God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... God's grace
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Hello guys

So I'm Feb 2017 applicant and we've been contacting our MP to kolnwo the progress of our application. So here's the update

Good afternoon.

I have contacted IRCC today to follow up with your file. This is the information provided; The file is still in process. The medical is valid but they have not started criminality, security, background check. If IRCC has any further request, they will contact you directly. Please check your email often.

I will continue to follow up your file with IRCC until it’s finalized but if you have new updates, please send me an email so I can update your file accordingly.

I trust this information is somewhat helpful and wish you a nice day.

Sincerely,

I hope this helps my fellow early 2017 applicants. Cheers

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Hello guys

So I'm Feb 2017 applicant and we've been contacting our MP to kolnwo the progress of our application. So here's the update

Good afternoon.

I have contacted IRCC today to follow up with your file. This is the information provided; The file is still in process. The medical is valid but they have not started criminality, security, background check. If IRCC has any further request, they will contact you directly. Please check your email often.

I will continue to follow up your file with IRCC until it’s finalized but if you have new updates, please send me an email so I can update your file accordingly.

I trust this information is somewhat helpful and wish you a nice day.

Sincerely,

I hope this helps my fellow early 2017 applicants. Cheers
Are you serious? When do they want to start? February is almost here, AVO is a joker

Skod

Jul 23, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Are you serious? When do they want to start? February is almost here, AVO is a joker
Real Joker.......... it’s like they don’t know, it’s like they don’t know they are keeping us way too much apart from our love ones

JOSH717

Oct 26, 2016
HEllo. Urgent Help needed!!
My wife's application was refused december 2016 due to proxy marriage (marriage certificate). I am yet to submit the new application and i am a Quebec resident. My wife recieved her Certificat de selection in her old application. So i am wondering if i can still use the old CSQ for this new application. Because there is a question in the Generic Application which ask "if you have already recieved the CSQ".

sHOULD I CHECK YES OR NO?
@Elohim...The CSQ is valid for 36 months or three years so I think you can still use the old csq,if only it's within the 36months.So I think it should be YES and provide the old one.
The best way is to call the office responsible in Quebec and find out

Wapsis

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
April 2017
File Transfer...
March 2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting... God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... God's grace
LANDED..........
Can't wait
I don't know for them oo... the first time I contacted them was when I got request for medicals from Avo, so I felt MPs office can actually speed up the process. Let's keep waiting sha..

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
I just left AVO. I went consular section not immigration section. Immigration section is 2 storey building on the left hand side whilst consular section one storey one faces as soon as you enter the security check point. I was not enthused about the rigorous check these people subjected me to. They took everything from me except my documents. I was only able to speak to the receptionist. It was all about applying canadian passport in person but not by post. The lady couldn't answer any question in relation to sponsor. I had to stop because she was unwilling to divulge the work of immigration to me. She knows about consular section.

Reactions: anniegreat

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
I just left AVO. I went consular section not immigration section. Immigration section is 2 storey building on the left hand side whilst consular section one storey one faces as soon as you enter the security check point. I was not enthused about the rigorous check these people subjected me to. They took everything from me except my documents. I was only able to speak to the receptionist. It was all about applying canadian passport in person but not by post. The lady couldn't answer any question in relation to sponsor. I had to stop because she was unwilling to divulge the work of immigration to me. She knows about consular section.

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
I don't know for them oo... the first time I contacted them was when I got request for medicals from Avo, so I felt MPs office can actually speed up the process. Let's keep waiting sha..
i actually heard mp's speed up applications... can you please share your timeline. Did you receive medicals after 5 months you submitted your application?

Pete2020

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
There are October 2016,November 2016, December 2016, January 2017, February 2017 (which is me), March 2017..before April...you're going to need a lot of patience otherwise you'd be left very depressed..lets just be happy that people are getting good news and AVO is clearing their backlog..we hope like someone who was interviewed recently said that the new apps would be straightforward and faster to process...unlike the 2016 apps which have mostly taken the 12months processing times promised the new apps
Hope the citizens officer handling your application does not sleep at work. I don't get the backlog or is it an African thing? I am not sure there is any visa office still working on 2016 applications unless these applications were not sent to Canada before AVO. Employ more people and get the work done.

Pete2020

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
@Cosey you're only at 15 months today. If you have an intended place you will be living in Canada you can contact the MP for that area once 16 months has passed and have them investigate your case for you. You may still hear from AVO yet. We have given you all the information we can. You are not alone, there are quite a few people waiting just like yourself having applied at the same time and submitted documents at the same time. They are still waiting.
Why all this wait? Even July 2016 waiting in October 2017, something is definitely not working well in Accra Visa Office. Kind of wondering if people are not submitting the required documents or only an officer treats sponsorship cases at Accra. The wait is too much. #Accra Visa Office sit up or wake up

becos

Aug 25, 2016
MPs do not speed up the application process @me2605 @Wapsis . They can only look in to the status of your app, similar to what your myCIC account says. I know this because I worked very closely with my MP on our case because we couldn't couldn't gain access to our myCIC. They have no influence until your processing time expires, at that point they can support you more and advocate. So if you're a 2017 app and your app has been processing for more than 12 months, they can help you at that point.

As for the message form your MP about the status of your app. Mine said that same thing the night before our interview, the night before we were given medical request and two days before PPR. MyCIC is an inputting system, every officer will do it differently, take it with a grain of salt. It's not a good representation of what is actually happened. Ours said that our documents hadn't even been reviewed yet, the night before our interview, which was so untrue because we were approved right afterwards.

Pete2020

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
This appears perfectly normal. August 2016 applicant. Requested for additional documents in August 2017 and nothing more from even after many follow ups,
I am just waiting patiently and hoping for progress by December as that is there target deadline,

Congratulations to all who have seen progress or are currently with their love ones .
Been following thread sporadically as my heart can take only so much.
Love you guys and thanks for sharing.
What are these additional documents?