Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
We have finally received my husbands passport with his travel visa!! 431 days or 14 months and 5 days after applying on August 23, 2016. 89 more days until he lands (due to finishing up his job). This journey has been a long one but it's finally almost almost almost over! Wishing everyone a speedy PPR, PUM and landing!
.was it a 6 month visa or a year visa before he leaves ghana?

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
@Cutie101 , @Ugoswife , @queenanetor , @colmiz thanks for your responses. Since we had a lawyer do our app I never read the guides to applying. I just now was reading on the application guides that originals were not supposed to be sent. I emailed our lawyer earlier about the documents missing. She hasn't responded yet but hopefully when she does she says she has them. I know I sent her the originals last year because she needed them but hopefully she looked at them, made copies, notarized copies and sent those and not the originals. It would make sense if she had them, holding on to them until the app was finished in case they had to send anything on our behalf. I'll let you guys know. Thanks everyone. :)
I was gonna write exactly this b4 I saw this. They always advice sending in certified copies and like u said hopefully ur lawyer knows this and has kept the originals. Fingers crossed for u.

By the way congrats to u and ur hubby. God is indeed awesome.

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
Good day guys....I want a forum link or any website that discuss or explains the processes that you need to go through before and after landing at the port of entry. For instance the questions asked and what to do in general when you land and also how to get your PR card,SIN card etc. Those who have already landed please I need your help in order to have a smooth experience. Thank you
Hi @JOSH717, I wrote in detail some pages back how my landing process went. Don’t know the page exactly but will post it if am able to get that but I’ll say it’s a pretty much easy process. There wasn’t any question asked, I was just asked to sit while he prepared my documents.

Ur PR card will be sent to the address u provide which is already on the confirmation of landing paper except there has been a change then u ll have to indicate. The officer asked me to confirm the address anyway.

For ur SIN, visit any Service Canada office and get that done in 5mins. They don’t issue it in cards anymore so It’s just a number whichwill be printed on a paper.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you!

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Has anyone's background check recently changed from "Your application is inprogress...." to Not applicable? I'm wondering if its a new general change.

Elohim

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
HEllo. Urgent Help needed!!
My wife's application was refused december 2016 due to proxy marriage (marriage certificate). I am yet to submit the new application and i am a Quebec resident. My wife recieved her Certificat de selection in her old application. So i am wondering if i can still use the old CSQ for this new application. Because there is a question in the Generic Application which ask "if you have already recieved the CSQ".

sHOULD I CHECK YES OR NO?

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Has anyone's background check recently changed from "Your application is inprogress...." to Not applicable? I'm wondering if its a new general change.
Mine still shows in progress, I think because you are the finish line that’s why... Expect PPR this week

Reactions: Ugoswife

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Our lawyer doesn't have the documents. She is sending a letter to AVO. @colmiz , @queenanetor , @Ugoswife , @Cutie101 .

This is awful. The cost that is going to go in to replacing them is ridiculous. I'm so angry.
Hmm, Were the original documents sent by the lawyer, at the beginning of your application?
If yes, you need to take it up seriously with the lawyer, it's a very long time and a lot of carelessness from that end.

However, if it was taken by your husband to the interview, you can get it back. It is recent, and it is AVOs fault, as they should have been returned immediately to him.

In all, I would implore you to send messages to them, and be positive, it's a hard one, cos they expressly stated that they would not return documents sent to them.

All the best dear, please remain positive

Reactions: becos

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Our lawyer doesn't have the documents. She is sending a letter to AVO. @colmiz , @queenanetor , @Ugoswife , @Cutie101 .

This is awful. The cost that is going to go in to replacing them is ridiculous. I'm so angry.
That's crazy. You need to take it up with your lawyer because he/she should know originals aren't submitted with the application. It's a very clear warning and they should be responsible for whatever it would cost you to get them back. Those documents are very important and newly dated ones can't compare in value.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...