App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Congratulations!!! You may want to confirm the sequence of the "recalled" email though so you know what to send to AVO.
From what I understand, they just want the passport and info within 7days instead of the initial 15. I guess that will be because our medicals expire November 6th so they want to give us time to gather our belonging and prep up (not like this is any help for us)

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
congratulations!!! I guess your application is more than a year old now. were you asked for new schedule A, police report or new medicals?
Yea, our application was a year on Sept 16th. So a little over a year. No, our medicals expire in November. We didn't do upfront medicals as we didn't know about it at the time but quickly did one and sent it after we found out about it. We have been asked to update family configuration though.

Reactions: Ugoswife

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Congrats! God is awesome
Thank you hun. We give God all the grace for granting us all the patience in the world for this dreadful process.

Reactions: Sugarcoconut

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Congrats to everyone that received passport request. Has anyone received their passport back ? or has the status on the cic website changed for anyone that summited their passport? I haven't received any email from cic since we summited our passport and the information on the website hasn't changed.
My dear we are in similar situation. My spouse and baby's passports was received on 31st of Aug. at AVO and no pick up yet. I tried reaching out to AVO and was told that the application has been referred for additional reviews in other to complete it (wondering what hat means) nothing changed on myCIC until today. Background Checks moved to in progress today. So I'm hoping they release them soon.

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Good news!!!!! God has done it for my family too oo! So I'm at work and I am seeing constant messages from my hubby. He tells me it's urgent so I should call him. And to check my email before I call him. I check and there is 3 emails from AVO. One is telling us his visa is ready and to send the passport in 15 days. The second one is a recall message of the first email ( my stomach jumps and I am starting to feel sad) then the third one, full of light, again, for him to send his passport off visa issuance but this time within 7days. You should see me at my desk. I am so excited, I can't contain it....
Wow.. This is God, Congrats dear

Reactions: colmiz

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
This’s what I received from accra embassy this morning,I’m so happy but at the same time I’m kind of nervous
I need help with questions that can be possibly be ask...basically I need tips and any
information will greatly be appreciated
I’m September applicants
Date: October 3, 2017

UCI: ***********

Application: ************

Dear

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, an interview is required. We are therefore pleased to advise that you are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

Interview at the Canadian High Commission- Accra, on October 16, 2017 at 01:00pm

The purpose of this interview will be to determine your eligibility for admission to Canada.

Unless you have been specifically instructed otherwise by the officer, all of your accompanying family members over the age of 16 should be present for the interview as well. If any are absent, processing of your application may be delayed.

Please bring the following original documents with you to the interview:

Ø Your marriage certificate.

Ø Photos of your marriage ceremony (if you are being sponsored by your spouse).

Ø Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor,

and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship.

Ø Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted)

Ø Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE RECEPTIONIST WHEN YOU CHECK IN FOR THE INTERVIEW. DOCUMENTS NOT SUBMITTED PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED AT THE INTERVIEW.

Please note that interviews scheduled in Accra will be conducted in English or French, the official language of your choice. If you require an interpreter in any other language or dialect, it is your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for an interpreter, including payment for his/her services. If you arrive at interview and the officer is unable to conduct the interview due to your inability in English or French or the absence of an interpreter, the interview will not take place. Your application may then be assessed based on the information on file, and this may result in an unfavourable decision.

If your sponsor has not already done so they may wish to consider paying the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga at this time. Please note that if no visa is issued to you, this fee is fully refundable.

PLEASE NOTE

If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you fail to keep your appointment, and we have not otherwise heard from you WITHIN 60 DAYS of your scheduled interview, we will have to assume that you are no longer interested in going to Canada and your application will be refused.

Do not give up employment, dispose of household effects or make travel or any other arrangement until you have received notice that you are accepted for immigration. There is no assurance at this stage that a visa will be granted to you.

Please bring this letter, any relevant supporting documents, and your passport with you when you appear for your appointment.

A copy of this letter has been sent to your sponsor in Canada, if applicable.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (MV)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada

P.O. Box 1639

42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana

Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
This’s what I received from accra embassy this morning,I’m so happy but at the same time I’m kind of nervous
I need help with questions that can be possibly be ask...basically I need tips and any
I’m September applicants

Dear

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, an interview is required. We are therefore pleased to advise that you are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

Interview at the Canadian High Commission- Accra, on October 16, 2017 at 01:00pm

The purpose of this interview will be to determine your eligibility for admission to Canada.

Unless you have been specifically instructed otherwise by the officer, all of your accompanying family members over the age of 16 should be present for the interview as well. If any are absent, processing of your application may be delayed.

Ø Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor,

Ø Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted)

Ø Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE RECEPTIONIST WHEN YOU CHECK IN FOR THE INTERVIEW. DOCUMENTS NOT SUBMITTED PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED AT THE INTERVIEW.

Please note that interviews scheduled in Accra will be conducted in English or French, the official language of your choice. If you require an interpreter in any other language or dialect, it is your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for an interpreter, including payment for his/her services. If you arrive at interview and the officer is unable to conduct the interview due to your inability in English or French or the absence of an interpreter, the interview will not take place. Your application may then be assessed based on the information on file, and this may result in an unfavourable decision.

If your sponsor has not already done so they may wish to consider paying the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga at this time. Please note that if no visa is issued to you, this fee is fully refundable.

PLEASE NOTE

If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you fail to keep your appointment, and we have not otherwise heard from you WITHIN 60 DAYS of your scheduled interview, we will have to assume that you are no longer interested in going to Canada and your application will be refused.

Do not give up employment, dispose of household effects or make travel or any other arrangement until you have received notice that you are accepted for immigration. There is no assurance at this stage that a visa will be granted to you.

Please bring this letter, any relevant supporting documents, and your passport with you when you appear for your appointment.

Regards,

Immigration Section

P.O. Box 1639

Don't worry about. just gather,gather and gather. Overwhelm them with relevant documents proving your relationship and PPR is around the corner. Focus on new evidence and pick the most relevant from the previous evidence you submitted. My advice will be for you to arrange everything properly, group photos together and label them, if you collect notarized letters from relatives and friends or screenshots of well wishes from them on social media, group them together, chats and phone calls labeled as communication etc. just make it easy for the interviewer to go through. Look for the thread that has interview questions and go through them while referencing your former submitted documents. just make sure everything checks out and be confident. Good luck!

Reactions: colmiz

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016

By the way, did you submit all these documents with your application and have you sent any additional documents since then?

ooao

Jul 13, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
08-10-2016
AOR Received.
09-28-2016
File Transfer...
08-10-2016
Med's Request
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-17-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-24-2017
LANDED..........
11-08-2017
Hi @ooao, my status changed to DM then pick up mail dropped after about 40 mins but it's not the same for everyone. Some don't get to see anything and it doesn't mean something is wrong. Just relax ur mind. How long has it been?

I havent received my passport yet but DHL tracking shows it will get to me tomorrow hopefully. Did u include a prepaid return envelope while sending ur passport? DHL Nigeria doesn't do prepaid return envelope so I went and paid for them to pick it up after I got pick up mail.
its been a month plus now.. ours is coming back to Canada,since my husband was visiting Canada when they requested his passport.

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
I’m September applicants

Dear

PLEASE NOTE

Regards,

Immigration Section

P.O. Box 1639

As @Ugoswife had said there is a thread for interview questions.if u can not find it let us know i can go and copy paste some of them here.do not be afraid @becos pass through that some days ago u can ask her for advice on sure she will help.
By the way are u from the same country with you spouse?I just want to find out why they request interview.tkx and good luck

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
As @Ugoswife had said there is a thread for interview questions.if u can not find it let us know i can go and copy paste some of them here.do not be afraid @becos pass through that some days ago u can ask her for advice on sure she will help.
By the way are u from the same country with you spouse?I just want to find out why they request interview.tkx and good luck
yes i'm from Liberia...plus i cant find the thread for the interview..can u pls past it here for me pls thank you

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.