App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Pls I ment estimate I know it's not possible to know a set time. My husband submitted an application 18th June 2, after one month they told my husband that it's processing the next month after they requested for police certificate. What next pls ? Am curious
Forgive my sarcasm. @ClassicD gave a great reply. They new process seems to be better than ours because you get to hear from them from time to time as opposed to deafening silence for more than a year so be patient and see how it goes.

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Forgive my sarcasm. @ClassicD gave a great reply. They new process seems to be better than ours because you get to hear from them from time to time as opposed to deafening silence for more than a year so be patient and see how it goes.
No problem. God will help the 2016 applicants as I have seen it's like the delay is much. Somone took 5 months just this year to join his husband in Canada and the other from last year is still waiting. This can be frustrating o.

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Hello People,

My PCC was given to me last month and it states valid for only 3 months. Will this have an effect on my application (either to speed up things or i will be asked to submit another one after expiration)?

Thank you
please can someone respond to this... everyone just ignoring.

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
No problem. God will help the 2016 applicants as I have seen it's like the delay is much. Somone took 5 months just this year to join his husband in Canada and the other from last year is still waiting. This can be frustrating o.
is the person's VO Accra also?

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
2 months b4 they requested for medical and 2 months before they requested for passport ?
We submitted our application April 4. They requested our medicals two weeks ago. This seems to be in line with other time lines for those submitted this year. We are not expecting passport request any time soon.

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Posted and copied from other forum:

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8*months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Reactions: maki22

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
We submitted our application April 4. They requested our medicals two weeks ago. This seems to be in line with other time lines for those submitted this year. We are not expecting passport request any time soon.
with what i read... after medicals follows PPR so why are you not expecting soon?

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
Hello people I am new here, I want to know based on previous experiences, how long after I have been asked to submit my police certificate will it take to get a request for medical clearance, and how long after medical clearance to get request for passport. I just sent my police clearance 18th Sept. Thanks
i did my upfront and submitted it all together..am guessing by the time i am asked to submit my passport they'd ask for a new one cos it has a three month validity period as well

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
with what i read... after medicals follows PPR so why are you not expecting soon?
We are Feb 1 applicant. You can view our timeline on profile page. Medicals done mid-July. Waiting for PPR.

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
Hi morning folks for everyone who wants to bother Mp/immigration minister smaller office in Toronto with our issues and the need to hire more immigration officers here is the emal address, Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca good luck everyone

Reactions: iyawoSparks

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
please can someone respond to this... everyone just ignoring.
I can tell you that it won't speed up things. I was pregnant and my doctor gave a note to be sent that I my husband needed to be present in the labour ward but that didn't help anything. We're still waiting after 1 year so no the pcc being given only 3 months won't speed up things. You will have to redo it unfortunately.

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
I can tell you that it won't speed up things. I was pregnant and my doctor gave a note to be sent that I my husband needed to be present in the labour ward but that didn't help anything. We're still waiting after 1 year so no the pcc being given only 3 months won't speed up things. You will have to redo it unfortunately.
Yeah.not even the doctors report from my wife being pregnant changed anything..my baby is 4 months and i dont even know yet what it feels like to hold him...so yeah..you will have to do you police report all over again when they are ready for you..and for those that are getting medical request from this year..it doesnt mean that you will get ppr..i applied this year and i did my medical upfront..its been silence since then

Reactions: colmiz

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
Hello People,

My PCC was given to me last month and it states valid for only 3 months. Will this have an effect on my application (either to speed up things or i will be asked to submit another one after expiration)?

Thank you
For immigration purposes, a PCC is valid for twelve months, as long as you sent it immediately you received it(i.e. before the three months benchmark).
The only way you would be required to send another one is if your application takes more than twelve months after you sent it, which would not happen.
It can not speed up things, for Nigerian applicants, PCC expiry is three months, and we are still all waiting, so just relax your mind.
It is well.

Reactions: iyawoSparks