Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
When people say they are using the webform to submit additional docs, is that accessed through your myCIC? @xls you sent your docs via email, is anyone else sending it that way? @waitingInTO when you're sending things via courier are you sending originals and such? Anyone else have experience sending docs by courier when you have not been asked but are just sending updates? I have all of my extra docs to send in, they haven't asked, how should I send them?
hi @becos, when they say they are using webform, it's not through myCIC. It's through a link on their site for Case Specific Inquiry. Someone (@xls I think) posted it a couple of pages back. I have to run out, but if you don't find it, I'll hunt it down for you when I return.

I submitted via webform and emailed the same info to the Accra visa office as suggested. I am contemplating sending the docs via courier as well. I'll do that later this week. I haven't sent anything to Accra visa office by courier before, so I guess I'll learn when you do which company/service the others used.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Glad you got it all sorted out.

It was a privacy issue, as umuchima pointed out.

I guess to us though, it just feels that as married couples, there are no secrets. I sent in the form though so am good now. Problem is that it takes so long for them to get the documents associated to our files.
yes oh! They've asked for everything except put a camera in our bedrooms so I'm thinking what is a little status update ? :) If they are so keen on protecting Canadians from immigrants with all these background checks, you'd think they'd insist on full transparency to the sponsor so they know what they are getting themselves into?:rolleyes:

brown49

Sep 5, 2017
When people say they are using the webform to submit additional docs, is that accessed through your myCIC? @xls you sent your docs via email, is anyone else sending it that way? @waitingInTO when you're sending things via courier are you sending originals and such? Anyone else have experience sending docs by courier when you have not been asked but are just sending updates? I have all of my extra docs to send in, they haven't asked, how should I send them?
I sent mine via e-mail. Under subject you can put "additinal information plus your application and UCI nubmer" in the body of the email, you can use numerical value to indicate what files you have attacted. I.e. 1....., 2......., 3...... . that will make it easy for whoever is handling your application to know exactly what you've sent instead of having to sort through to figure it out. Their e-mail address is

ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca.

For example

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: " input application and UCI number "

I would like to submit additional information for my spousal application with file number ........ The uploaded document include(s):
1. what up messages
2. Remittance sent ......etc

Yours Sincerely,

Good luck.

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
So, I emailed them and submitted via webform, but got a note saying that I'm not listed as a representative on the file. I don't understand 'cos clearly I'n the file as a sponsor. Any suggestions? Those of you who submitted additional info via webform was it done by the sponsor or the PA? Also, if you are the sponsor, are you listed as a representative on the file? I'm not too worried I'll just have the hubby do it next time. Below is the note:

Good day XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can confirm the reception of the documents.

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.

However, there is no information stating that you are a representative on this file. If you wish to obtain further information, the applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form available on our website. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

If you already provided a Use of a Representative form, please resend the form and make sure to fill out all sections of the form correctly.

For more information on using a lawyer or other representative, or on how to become a representative, please visit our website.

You may also visit the online Help Centre or our website for further information. You can search by typing keywords.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Marie Noelle, Agent 1250
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
Am quite suprised to see this cos hubby who is my sponsor was the one that kept contacting them and we never got this response.

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Hi Sugarcoconut,

What courier address did you use to send the additional documents?
Do u mean AVO address. If yes it's

High Commision of Canada
Immigration Section
P.O Box 1639, 42 Independence Avenue Accra, Ghana.

We used DHL

Reactions: MissFirefly

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
hi @becos, when they say they are using webform, it's not through myCIC. It's through a link on their site for Case Specific Inquiry. Someone (@xls I think) posted it a couple of pages back. I have to run out, but if you don't find it, I'll hunt it down for you when I return.

I submitted via webform and emailed the same info to the Accra visa office as suggested. I am contemplating sending the docs via courier as well. I'll do that later this week. I haven't sent anything to Accra visa office by courier before, so I guess I'll learn when you do which company/service the others used.
Yes it's through cic website and here's the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp.

We used DHL to send additional documents to Accra

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Hi @becos. I posted the link to the webform so u can use it too in addition to sending via courier. We used DHL to post to Ghana

Lola123

Sep 1, 2017
Congratulations Is it 18 business dates from the day DHL delivered the passport or 18days from the days (including weekends)

Accra received my husband passport today so I want to know how long before we receive pickup email. Thanks
Thanks @waitingInTO. 18 days from the day dhl was delivered and 11 business days.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
So, I finally got through to a very nice gentleman in Montreal who told me that indeed, it is correct. Even though our logic makes sense, their process doesn't and we do have to have the PA list us the sponsors as a representative. He also, provided this link to submit any feedback and complaints we may have about AVO not updating the notes and mycic etc. as they process: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

I'm so frustrated. Today is 11months since our application was received. Since we are not getting any feedback I'm going to have a book a ticket this week to visit as we haven't seen each other since Christmast break :(

just fill the use of representative form and put your details as representative then you are able to contact CIC with any info you may require on behalf of the applicant. Even as sponsor they will not provide details unless you sign the form acknowledging your position. as representative.

Timmy10

Mar 19, 2017
I sent mine via e-mail. Under subject you can put "additinal information plus your application and UCI nubmer" in the body of the email, you can use numerical value to indicate what files you have attacted. I.e. 1....., 2......., 3...... . that will make it easy for whoever is handling your application to know exactly what you've sent instead of having to sort through to figure it out. Their e-mail address is

For example

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to submit additional information for my spousal application with file number ........ The uploaded document include(s):
1. what up messages

Yours Sincerely,

Good luck.

@brown49 thanks for this info. I believe the email address is accra.immigration@international.gc.ca. Found it on the CIC website. I haven't email them as yet but will be doing so pretty soon. Thanks to your suggestion on how to layout the email.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/accra.asp

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
yes oh! They've asked for everything except put a camera in our bedrooms so I'm thinking what is a little status update ? :) If they are so keen on protecting Canadians from immigrants with all these background checks, you'd think they'd insist on full transparency to the sponsor so they know what they are getting themselves into?:rolleyes:
I can almost understand it if it's on the phone, but it's weird when you are just trying to submit documents. I mean if you have the documents to submit, obviously your spouse sent them to you so you've already seen them.

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017

For example

Dear Sir/Madam,

1. what up messages

Yours Sincerely,

Good luck.
This is what I did. Though I think the correct email address is accra.immigration@international.gc.ca (emails to accraimmigration@international.gc.ca get bounced). I also added passport stamps from Hubby's visit to Nigeria and both our visits to the US (since Canada doesn't want to grant me visit visa *eye roll*), with some pictures from the trip and a bit of background story. I'll upload same documents through webform but I won't be sending through courier.

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
This is what I did. Though I think the correct email address is accra.immigration@international.gc.ca (emails to accraimmigration@international.gc.ca get bounced). I also added passport stamps from Hubby's visit to Nigeria and both our visits to the US (since Canada doesn't want to grant me visit visa *eye roll*), with some pictures from the trip and a bit of background story. I'll upload same documents through webform but I won't be sending through courier.
I sent them the additional proofs(documents) they requested via courier (fedex) and it was delivered since last week Wednesday (6th). I have sent them mail through case specific enquiry and also directly to Accra. Immigration@international.gc.ca to confirm if they recieved the package. However, till now no response from them.
Somebody please advice.

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
I sent them the additional proofs(documents) they requested via courier (fedex) and it was delivered since last week Wednesday (6th). I have sent them mail through case specific enquiry and also directly to Accra. Immigration@international.gc.ca to confirm if they recieved the package. However, till now no response from them.
Somebody please advice.
Oh, mine wasn't requested. I was just being forward as I noticed a trend in what the Nov. 2016 applicants who recently received PPR did... just to avoid stories that touch. From my experience, CIC (whether Accra or Mississauga) barely respond to emails and if they do, they take their sweet time. From my experience. If your documents were specifically requested for, I don't know how it works. Someone please advice @Denne.