Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
Congratulations to everyone who received PPR request. Praying for many more good news this week.

Just wanted to update you guys that we received passport email pickup today.18 days after we submitted.
A very big congrats to you. Finally you made it.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
We did two ways, Cic webform and Courier. Webform gives Limited space and we had a lot to send in. Ok a brief run down of how our app went.

We did court wedding in US (Sept) with just 11 people in attendance including us. Had a little reception after the ceremony. As at then we hadn't done anything traditionally (am Nigerian, Igbo precisely). We applied in Nov. though we didn't have any elaborate wedding but we really did our best backing up our app. Hubby visited severally, nothing was left out including our wedding band receipt. Our app was sent out in box.

This year April we had a very elaborate traditional wedding in my village so in May we mailed additional documents to Accra. Most of the documents was about the wedding. We sent anything we could think of including some light souvenir that had our pictures and names crested on. It was another bulky package we had to exclude phone logs if not it would have been another box.

Hubby wrote them at interval too.
So, I emailed them and submitted via webform, but got a note saying that I'm not listed as a representative on the file. I don't understand 'cos clearly I'n the file as a sponsor. Any suggestions? Those of you who submitted additional info via webform was it done by the sponsor or the PA? Also, if you are the sponsor, are you listed as a representative on the file? I'm not too worried I'll just have the hubby do it next time. Below is the note:

Good day XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can confirm the reception of the documents.

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.

However, there is no information stating that you are a representative on this file. If you wish to obtain further information, the applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form available on our website. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

If you already provided a Use of a Representative form, please resend the form and make sure to fill out all sections of the form correctly.

For more information on using a lawyer or other representative, or on how to become a representative, please visit our website.

You may also visit the online Help Centre or our website for further information. You can search by typing keywords.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Marie Noelle, Agent 1250
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
So, I emailed them and submitted via webform, but got a note saying that I'm not listed as a representative on the file. I don't understand 'cos clearly I'n the file as a sponsor. Any suggestions? Those of you who submitted additional info via webform was it done by the sponsor or the PA? Also, if you are the sponsor, are you listed as a representative on the file? I'm not too worried I'll just have the hubby do it next time. Below is the note:

Good day XXXX,

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.

However, there is no information stating that you are a representative on this file. If you wish to obtain further information, the applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form available on our website. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

If you already provided a Use of a Representative form, please resend the form and make sure to fill out all sections of the form correctly.

For more information on using a lawyer or other representative, or on how to become a representative, please visit our website.

You may also visit the online Help Centre or our website for further information. You can search by typing keywords.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Marie Noelle, Agent 1250
www.cic.gc.ca
This kind of happened to me also. I called the call centre and was told that because I'm not listed as a representative they couldn't give me any information. I was surprised also because I'm the sponsor and spouse. But that doesn't allow them to give out information to you. I had to get my husband to fill in that form also.

During my call they did that they can't just give out information as it may be personal. I found that comment ironic - they will ask questions in an interview to ensure you are in a legitimate relationship but won't give you personal information even though you are the spouse?

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
This kind of happened to me also. I called the call centre and was told that because I'm not listed as a representative they couldn't give me any information. I was surprised also because I'm the sponsor and spouse. But that doesn't allow them to give out information to you. I had to get my husband to fill in that form also.

During my call they did that they can't just give out information as it may be personal. I found that comment ironic - they will ask questions in an interview to ensure you are in a legitimate relationship but won't give you personal information even though you are the spouse?
Curious. I have never heard anyone else mention this outside you and I. Did you change your change your name after getting married? I wonder if that is playing a role in my (our) cases? It's rather dumb, because we have the same file number so how can it be?

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Curious. I have never heard anyone else mention this outside you and I. Did you change your change your name after getting married? I wonder if that is playing a role in my (our) cases? It's rather dumb, because we have the same file number so how can it be?
So, I finally got through to a very nice gentleman in Montreal who told me that indeed, it is correct. Even though our logic makes sense, their process doesn't and we do have to have the PA list us the sponsors as a representative. He also, provided this link to submit any feedback and complaints we may have about AVO not updating the notes and mycic etc. as they process: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

I'm so frustrated. Today is 11months since our application was received. Since we are not getting any feedback I'm going to have a book a ticket this week to visit as we haven't seen each other since Christmast break :(

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to everyone who received PPR request. Praying for many more good news this week.

Just wanted to update you guys that we received passport email pickup today.18 days after we submitted.
Congratulations Is it 18 business dates from the day DHL delivered the passport or 18days from the days (including weekends)

Accra received my husband passport today so I want to know how long before we receive pickup email. Thanks

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017

Good day XXXX,

Sincerely,

Marie Noelle, Agent 1250
www.cic.gc.ca
yeah,,,,happened to me, even though you are the sponsor,,,your spouse is still as a different person that needs privacy,,,,,Canadian law,,,,so each time you correspond with CIC,there has to be a signed written consent,,,,even with schools....

MissFirefly

Sep 18, 2015
We did two ways, Cic webform and Courier. Webform gives Limited space and we had a lot to send in. Ok a brief run down of how our app went.

We did court wedding in US (Sept) with just 11 people in attendance including us. Had a little reception after the ceremony. As at then we hadn't done anything traditionally (am Nigerian, Igbo precisely). We applied in Nov. though we didn't have any elaborate wedding but we really did our best backing up our app. Hubby visited severally, nothing was left out including our wedding band receipt. Our app was sent out in box.

This year April we had a very elaborate traditional wedding in my village so in May we mailed additional documents to Accra. Most of the documents was about the wedding. We sent anything we could think of including some light souvenir that had our pictures and names crested on. It was another bulky package we had to exclude phone logs if not it would have been another box.

Hubby wrote them at interval too.
Hi Sugarcoconut,

What courier address did you use to send the additional documents?

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Glad you got it all sorted out.

It was a privacy issue, as umuchima pointed out.

I guess to us though, it just feels that as married couples, there are no secrets. I sent in the form though so am good now. Problem is that it takes so long for them to get the documents associated to our files.

Reactions: waitingInTO

becos

Aug 25, 2016
When people say they are using the webform to submit additional docs, is that accessed through your myCIC? @xls you sent your docs via email, is anyone else sending it that way? @waitingInTO when you're sending things via courier are you sending originals and such? Anyone else have experience sending docs by courier when you have not been asked but are just sending updates? I have all of my extra docs to send in, they haven't asked, how should I send them?