VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Question for the house: I have a friend who recently submitted their schedule A along with medicals, background check etc. On this schedule A they forgot to mark that they were denied a student visa to another country, not Canada. But on their original they submitted with their application they put that they were denied. Their VO has received the updated schedule A. Should they just send them an email to make the correction? Or leave it? Thanks!

yes they should send the updated version truth explanation.once they do all the background checks they will find out and advise him to correct it anyways it happened to someone i know.

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
hello family, i'm new here. My online status showed medicals passed and its over a month now, pls how long does it take for accra visa office to contact after medicals passed? and what could be their next step?

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
hello family, i'm new here. My online status showed medicals passed and its over a month now, pls how long does it take for accra visa office to contact after medicals passed? and what could be their next step?
The application process for new applicants is 12months.so to answer your question no one knows the time it will take .maybe it will take less than 12months or less it depends on your case.but not that poeple from August 2016 are still waiting.

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
The application process for new applicants is 12months.so to answer your question no one knows the time it will take .maybe it will take less than 12months or less it depends on your case.but not that poeple from August 2016 are still waiting.
i know my application is within 12months, but i want to know what others have gone through after medicals passed. i also want to know what they can request next after medicals passed.

Last edited:

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
i know my application is within 12months, but i want to know what others have gone through after medicals passed. i also want to know what they can request next after medicals passed.
Pake has answered you correctly
no one knows exactly when you will be contacted about anything. my spouse's medical has been passed since 2nd week of June 2017 and we have not heard anything from AVO. why? because it is AVO, so u cant be certain about anything with them.
so all u have to do it wait and check ur email inbox daily and online account at least once or twice a week

Reactions: Pake

tisrod

Nov 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
10-2016
File Transfer...
10-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Hello everyone, my wife just got an email from Accra today saying that I may not meet the requirements because they don't believe my marriage is genuine. So they give me 30days from today to provide proof that my marriage is genuine. I just can't believe what I read. Living and working in Canada for over 7years, living with my wife for over 3 years with our son who's going to be 20 months old on the 5th of September with all of that they still can't believe my marriage is genuine. Yes we didn't do a huge marriage yes but because it's a matter of budget. I just can't believe they even question us about it.any help will be appreciated. I don't know who to get involved into this....

tisrod

Nov 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
10-2016
File Transfer...
10-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Hello everyone, my wife just got an email from Accra today saying that I may not meet the requirements because they don't believe my marriage is genuine. So they give me 30days from today to provide proof that my marriage is genuine. I just can't believe what I read. Living and working in Canada for over 7years, living with my wife for over 3 years with our son who's going to be 20 months old on the 5th of September with all of that they still can't believe my marriage is genuine. Yes we didn't do a huge marriage yes but because it's a matter of budget. I just can't believe they even question us about it.any help will be appreciated. I don't know who to get involved into this....
@becos

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
First of all, be calm. What determines what AVO thinks is usually the evidence you present not necessarily your true story. I hope you have deliberately been collecting more evidence since you applied. The usual stuff chats, pictures and all your family activities together, testimonials from friends and close relatives, bills showing both your names, insurance, pension plan, bank transfers etc. Take your time to explain why you had a small wedding. I think you shouldn't be in too much of a hurry. You have only one shot and quality of evidence matters over quantity. You will be fine.

Reactions: me2605 and ClassicD

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
My question is to know if you are already living together with your wife and if the answer is yes im sure you will have plenty of proof if not just gather all pertinent evidence to prove them the genuineness of your mariage.also try to move a little bit back of the thread and read last week post u will see the advices given to Denne who were in the same situation as yours.i hope that help.Good luck and take your time to gather the necessary things

Last edited:
Reactions: ClassicD

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hi tisrod, I'm so sorry to hear this, but every one is right. You need to go through what it is that you sent them and what it is that you CAN send them. We don't know a lot about your situation, therefore it's hard to tell you exactly what to send but from what I can think of: send past pictures, updated pictures, proof of your ongoing relationship together, flights to see each other, proof of communication with family, letters of support from family members, friends, pastors, official people that could attest to your relationship, send in joint bank accounts, money transactions sent to each other, pictures of your child, certificates of your child, detailed description of your wedding and explanation about what it is that you did do and why you did it, explain how you might have another wedding or renewing of your vows even, sending love letters, pictures of gifts, write letters from each of you explaining your relationship and love for one another. I'm just rambling off things. The most important is to demonstrate your relationship from before you applied last August, since you've applied like during the application process, to prove that it is genuine and ongoing. Also, they want proof from witnesses that know you and have watched you grow in your relationship and have known you for a while. That means getting testimonies from other people that your relationship is loving and genuine, so that means They need to write details about how they know, their experiences with you as individuals and as a couple, what they believe your relationship to be like, etc. I'm sure you've already done many of these things but it's now time to take it up an notch and blow them out of the water with the quality of the proof and with the quantity. Cover every angle imaginable. Even talk about where it is that you were going to live talk about things that you're buying what colour you were going to paint your house. Stuff like that. Sure you have every intention of continuing the relationship that you have had into the future, in detailed and realistic ways. I hope that helps....

Did the letter say anything else other than prove the genuiness in 30 days? Did they give you examples or documents to send in, etc?

Reactions: ClassicD

ClassicD

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
17-08-2017
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Your case is pretty normal as this happens from time to time. From my knowledge, it appears that if you do not submit enough marriage proof with supporting documents when submitting the application to Mississauga, they will question the marriage and will ask for more documentation. As everyone has stated, please gather as much information as you can, make it coherent in a letter or as I like it in a cover letter addressed to AVO and your wife should mail it all to the AVO. Remember that your wife is the person that received the letter from AVO and so she should be the person to write the "cover letter" and sign it, mail it with the supporting documents and send all to AVO. I will suggest as well that you need to go back a few steps to like page 723 and read up to here in this forum thread, you will see similar advise which I know will be helpful to you. Take your time to do it right and you should be fine.

Reactions: Pake and becos

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
My dear family,

Believe it or not, I woke up this morning to see PPR! Can't even breathe right now.
Congratulations xls ...this is good news.... seeing that you're November begs the question of if its based on how applications are received that they are processed as august,September and October applicants are still waiting to be contacted...it goes back to the notion that all applications are different and its not based on when you applied. i encourage everyone who is still waiting in the months before November to stay strong!! your good news and my good news is on the way..lets keep bombarding them with mails and proof !!

Reactions: xls

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Congratulations xls ...this is good news.... seeing that you're November begs the question of if its based on how applications are received that they are processed as august,September and October applicants are still waiting to be contacted...it goes back to the notion that all applications are different and its not based on when you applied. i encourage everyone who is still waiting in the months before November to stay strong!! your good news and my good news is on the way..lets keep bombarding them with mails and proof !!
I think his case is different because his family was pre-assessed when he got his PR through Express Entry so it's not really the same category as the rest of us however if they had to wait this long to get it, it shows the process is really slow because they were simply waiting to have some free quota to issue theirs. I still believe it's FIFO to a large extent so we are all hopeful.

Reactions: xls