+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Mimikoms said:
Please is there anyone who didn't do upfront medical? I want to know how long before cic requested for one to be done. Thanks and awaiting a response from someone.
Hi Mimikoms, most people would applied before Dec 15th 2016 would have done an upfront medical or did it at SA/file transfer. It's only those who applied after Dec 15th who cannot do an up-front medical, and have to wait for CIC to request one. Therefore, it cannot really be determined how long it will take for you to be asked. I can imagine it won't be for a while, and probably not until right before they want to issue PR, that is my assumption, as the medical can be done and received by CIC immediately and your visa is good for a year from the date you do your medical. Anyone who was asked for a re-medical (as their's expired before PPR was given) did so and heard from CIC within the week about their PPR. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. Really you'll just have to wait and see what happens with other people's applications as those who applied after December 15th start to hear from CIC about their applications.

ENVOY

Dec 10, 2016
TeamCMOR said:
Am curious.. where did you hear this from? I am sorry I do not know the answer to this however try asking on the September 2016 Outland page. Be mindful of what you "hear". Am not saying is not credible nor am i saying it is. but some things we should take as a grain of salt. Am sure someone would be able to clarify this issue as what we hear sometimes does not apply to all.
This is definitely wrong.
If your husband has a valid residency or temporary residency in USA, he will be required to submit his passport to the AVO in USA , when the AVO in Ghana is done with his application.
I live in Canada on a different visa category at the moment, but when my PPR comes, I'll have to submit my passport to the immigration office here and not Ghana. As regards the Port of entry, it doesn't matter where he takes his flight from.
Hope this helps

Mimikoms

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
becos said:
Hi Mimikoms, most people would applied before Dec 15th 2016 would have done an upfront medical or did it at SA/file transfer. It's only those who applied after Dec 15th who cannot do an up-front medical, and have to wait for CIC to request one. Therefore, it cannot really be determined how long it will take for you to be asked. I can imagine it won't be for a while, and probably not until right before they want to issue PR, that is my assumption, as the medical can be done and received by CIC immediately and your visa is good for a year from the date you do your medical. Anyone who was asked for a re-medical (as their's expired before PPR was given) did so and heard from CIC within the week about their PPR. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. Really you'll just have to wait and see what happens with other people's applications as those who applied after December 15th start to hear from CIC about their applications.
Thanks @becos. I applied before December 15th but wasn't aware I could do medical school and I wasn't on this wonderful forum then. Thanks for the response, it sure helped.

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
becos said:
Our app marks 8 months of processing today. I'm packing for an out of country wedding with all of my friends and their spouses... I will be the only single one there. Missing my husband so much. As the weather gets nicer, I pray he gets here soon to enjoy the beautiful warmth of Canada. Maybe while I'm away this week good news will reach us all.
I know exactly how you feel sista. I'm praying for a reunion for all july/august/September applicants by June this year!

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Praying this is a week of good news...

P.s. does anyone in toronto know how much the yellow fever injection costs?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Mimikoms said:
Thanks @becos. I applied before December 15th but wasn't aware I could do medical school and I wasn't on this wonderful forum then. Thanks for the response, it sure helped.
Ohh I didn't realize you had applied before then, I mixed that up from our previous conversation. In a way it's better that you didn't do it... you'll probably save money. Ours expires in five weeks, there is no way they won't make us remedial at this rate. we thought we would have our app in by the end of June when we did the medical at the end of May last year, however it took us a little longer getting a few documents together than we thought and didn't get it out until the end of August. it seems that happens to a lot of people. Not many are organized enough to do the medical the day before they apply lol

Mimikoms

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
becos said:
Ohh I didn't realize you had applied before then, I mixed that up from our previous conversation. In a way it's better that you didn't do it... you'll probably save money. Ours expires in five weeks, there is no way they won't make us remedial at this rate. we thought we would have our app in by the end of June when we did the medical at the end of May last year, however it took us a little longer getting a few documents together than we thought and didn't get it out until the end of August. it seems that happens to a lot of people. Not many are organized enough to do the medical the day before they apply lol
I'm kinda glad I didn't do it upfront cos I would hate to pay again to get another one done.
I hope you get a response soon. Thanks for your response

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Mimikoms said:
I'm kinda glad I didn't do it upfront cos I would hate to pay again to get another one done.
I hope you get a response soon. Thanks for your response
Yes the additional cost is a pain.

Thank you. :)

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
Hi members,just to let everyone know,I landed in Canada.just 30mints ago.it was a smooth process with immigration.less than 10mints but I missed my flight so I had to wait on a standby.was lucky I got a seat and now am home.

Advise,please those who have pro.make sure you leave more time in the connection.it's very important.

Wish everyone best of luck and i will be here to answer any questions.

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
jay9132 said:
Hi members,just to let everyone know,I landed in Canada.just 30mints ago.it was a smooth process with immigration.less than 10mints but I missed my flight so I had to wait on a standby.was lucky I got a seat and now am home.

Advise,please those who have pro.make sure you leave more time in the connection.it's very important.

We thank God for a final reunion with your wife and kids and congrats to you Joel :)

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017

boatswife

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Halifax, NS
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09 -02-2017 new meds...police..sched A after interview
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Med's Request
19-04-2017...For stepson...This was after PPR!
Med's Done....
11-07-2016 and 14-02-2017
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017 sent in via dhl 20-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2017
Jay...So very happy for you..Welcome to Canada we are so glad you are here!

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
jay9132 said:

Congratulation for landing safely and we thank almighty God for his grace. Now get some rest and enjoy the wonderful whether we gonna be having for a few months.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
jay9132 said:

congrats. welcome to Canada. glad it worked out well at the end