20-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09 -02-2017 new meds...police..sched A after interview
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Med's Request
19-04-2017...For stepson...This was after PPR!
Med's Done....
11-07-2016 and 14-02-2017
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017 sent in via dhl 20-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2017
So freaking mad...A month ago AVO sent the letter for ppr for both my hubby and stepson..Just before that they had asked hubby to do remedial even though his was not expiring till July...I thought this was odd...Since my stepsons had long expired but his was not asked for..I had to wonder if it was an error..Well guess what...Here we have waited over a month for the passport s return..And you can guess what I just got an email for...Demanding a new medical for my stepson...Seriously will this nightmare ever end....A month ago you tell me our visas are ready...We wait an entire month and you know demand a medical...We would have gladly done a month ago...4 years of hell with CIC it never ends

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
boatswife said:
So freaking mad...A month ago AVO sent the letter for ppr for both my hubby and stepson..Just before that they had asked hubby to do remedial even though his was not expiring till July...I thought this was odd...Since my stepsons had long expired but his was not asked for..I had to wonder if it was an error..Well guess what...Here we have waited over a month for the passport s return..And you can guess what I just got an email for...Demanding a new medical for my stepson...Seriously will this nightmare ever end....A month ago you tell me our visas are ready...We wait an entire month and you know demand a medical...We would have gladly done a month ago...4 years of hell with CIC it never ends
@boatswife, sorry about the situation I just don't understand why would they be messing up with people's life like that! Now a days the medical is very expensive so this is really a madness from the Accra Office. They probably mess up big time between your husband's and your son's medical but they will never take responsibility for their mess.

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
Boatwife,am sorry about your situation with cic.its just unfortunate but remeber God knows best.i understand ur pain and anger because I feel it too even not being the one in the situation,it's very frustrating .just stay calm.do what they asking for and I believe the ways of man is not the same for God.stay blessed and soon,you and ur spouse will be smiling.

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
boatswife said:
Boatswife, am so sorry this is happening. The good news is, is that it does end. In ur case I hope it would soon. I know that God would not give you more than you can bear, therefore I know you would be okay because you are strong. Keep on okay, I believe this would be the final outstanding matter. I pray it is a quick turnover for you and family. All the best.

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015, redone Nov 9, 2016
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
boatswife said:
Looks like it was an error but at least you know they have received approval for PR. Thank God for that. Once you get this done, they can take their time to come. They have until their new Medicals expire to land. The new information will be sent electronically to AVO and you can also email a copy of the new form to them. It shouldn't take long for the Visa to be issued.

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
becos said:
Hey praise 77, didn't AVO already ask you for additional docs in February?

Hello becos,

Yes. They asked for my PIF in February, AVO gave us 30 days to provide the documents and another 30 days to make decision. Unfortunately AVO do not always keep to their promise because it has exceeded the time.

AVO didn't ask for any additional documents again. according to what I have been reading in the forum I just decided to send AVO additional docs just in case.

Thanks
Praise.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Praise 77 said:
Hello becos,

Yes. They asked for my PIF in February, AVO gave us 30 days to provide the documents and another 30 days to make decision. Unfortunately AVO do not always keep to their promise because it has exceeded the time.

AVO didn't ask for any additional documents again. according to what I have been reading in the forum I just decided to send AVO additional docs just in case.

Thanks
Praise.
Hi Praise, I see. That makes sense. Best of luck! :)

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi guys,

Please will AVO email us to confirm they have received the PR file sent from Mississauga?
How do we know they have gotten it or started working on the application.

I just received this email but not sure if it's confirmation that AVO has gotten the application:

Dear client,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at a visa office outside Canada.

Because of the specific nature of your enquiry, we invite you to contact them directly in order to:

Report important changes,
Provide documents,
Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
Enquire on an outcome to a request.

You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

Once you select the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different ways you may.

Sincerely,

becos

Aug 25, 2016
AnneMariee said:
Hi guys,

Please will AVO email us to confirm they have received the PR file sent from Mississauga?
How do we know they have gotten it or started working on the application.

I just received this email but not sure if it's confirmation that AVO has gotten the application:

Dear client,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at a visa office outside Canada.

Because of the specific nature of your enquiry, we invite you to contact them directly in order to:

Report important changes,
Provide documents,
Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
Enquire on an outcome to a request.

You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

Once you select the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different ways you may.

Sincerely,
Hi AnneMariee, I guess you can take that email as confirmation. In general however, AVO does not give AOR2, which means they don't notify you it has been received there, unlike other VOs. Most people just see when their app turns to In Process on the PA side and take that as confirmation it's there. Did you receive this email in response to enquiring whether or not it has arrived?

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
becos said:
Hi AnneMariee, I guess you can take that email as confirmation. In general however, AVO does not give AOR2, which means they don't notify you it has been received there, unlike other VOs. Most people just see when their app turns to In Process on the PA side and take that as confirmation it's there. Did you receive this email in response to enquiring whether or not it has arrived?
That's the confusion, I didn't send any request to them. Even if I did, it would have been PA's email used not mine.
Few of us in the March thread got this yesterday and they all don't remember requesting anything hmmmmm strange!!!

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
AnneMariee said:
That's the confusion, I didn't send any request to them. Even if I did, it would have been PA's email used not mine.
Few of us in the March thread got this yesterday and they all don't remember requesting anything hmmmmm strange!!!
My thoughts. It looks like a new initiative from Mississauga. Since not all VOs send AOR2, they have decided to contact applicants themselves confirming file transfer to VO's.

I really applaud them.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
AnneMariee said:
Wow that's really interesting!

becos

Aug 25, 2016
xls said:
My thoughts. It looks like a new initiative from Mississauga. Since not all VOs send AOR2, they have decided to contact applicants themselves confirming file transfer to VO's.

I really applaud them.
Yeah it's kinda nice. We all know applicants could use some piece of mind and a little communication helps.

boatswife

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Halifax, NS
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09 -02-2017 new meds...police..sched A after interview
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Med's Request
19-04-2017...For stepson...This was after PPR!
Med's Done....
11-07-2016 and 14-02-2017
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017 sent in via dhl 20-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2017
I just wanted to thank you all for your support...I know my post was negative...Please everyone remain positive..It will all work out in the end...I'm seeing lots of movements in AVO and this excites me! For those just joining you are in a great group ...These folks are wonderful! ..My hubby brought my stepson to do his medical today..We ran into a snag..They at first refused to do it because he had no passport which CIC has and his only other photo id does not have his birthdate...Luckily because hubby has had so many medicals done ..He was able to convince the doc to do it..Now hopefully this is the end of it !