+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

stamina007

Mar 16, 2017
Hello everyone, please I need help. I discovered this forum recently. Am April 2016 applicant and ghana vo requested for additional proof of genuine marriage in February which we already sent them. My issue is this, on the background declaration where it says have you been denied visa before. I thicked no on the part and I have been refused a student visa to canada many years back. Please have you come across anyone with this situation. I thought it was about refugee.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
stamina007 said:
Hello everyone, please I need help. I discovered this forum recently. Am April 2016 applicant and ghana vo requested for additional proof of genuine marriage in February which we already sent them. My issue is this, on the background declaration where it says have you been denied visa before. I thicked no on the part and I have been refused a student visa to canada many years back. Please have you come across anyone with this situation. I thought it was about refugee.
Hi there stamina007, if I were you I would notify CIC right away of the mistake. Maybe others on here can weigh inon the matter, but you don't want to get caught for misrepresentation.

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
becos said:
Hi there stamina007, if I were you I would notify CIC right away of the mistake. Maybe others on here can weigh inon the matter, but you don't want to get caught for misrepresentation.
Hi Stamina, welcome to the forum. yes I agree with Becos and practise due diligence. don't wait for them to dicover the discrepancy. take the first step in acknowledging the error. you don't want to give them a reason that you hiding something. either send them a case specific inquiry bringing this error to their attention or an email. wishing u a positive outcome. :)

stamina007

Mar 16, 2017
TeamCMOR said:
Hi Stamina, welcome to the forum. yes I agree with Becos and practise due diligence. don't wait for them to dicover the discrepancy. take the first step in acknowledging the error. you don't want to give them a reason that you hiding something. either send them a case specific inquiry bringing this error to their attention or an email. wishing u a positive outcome. :)

Thanks you I will do that.

stamina007

Mar 16, 2017
becos said:

Thank you becos

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
my brother or sister,pls pls pls,you better address the problem now specially if its Canada who refused you the visa,if you dont,trust me,it will come back to hit you.I for one was refused a visa to Canada and the states and did nt address the states. only gave the letter i received from the Canada high commission.even that,i worry alot not mentioning my visa refusal to the states.Please address the issue now and pray ,they dont hold it against you as misrepresentation.

bolakale

Jan 23, 2017
Hi Stamina,

I experienced same thing,the part of the form was misinterpreted. I only discovered last month and i refilled the form and attached a detailed cover letter. I sent hard copy to accra ,sent a mail and also sent a case specific inquiry.

I havent heard from then,however, i recieved DHL delivery notification that they have received.

You can do same also, it is better you acknowledge your mistake, instead of CIC finding out

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
thats good advise.letting the visa office know about visa refusal wont have any negative impact on your application except if the info you presented on your previous application is different from your current application

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
thats good and no need to worry.lets pray,they accept the error and God be with you.everything will work out

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
Greetings Forum family. I shared with you that I sent an email to the Minister office on March 13 and I was advised that a reply was not guaranteed. Depending on the content of the email, that would determine if a reply is necessary from the Ministers office or not. Surprisingly, 4 days later we received ppr. Not only that, but I received a reply from the Ministers office today. Aside from our application, I mentioned the wait times at AVO, I mentioned how in comparison to other counties AVO stands at 16 months processing, which I am sure we can all relate with. I also mentioned the announcement on Dec 7 from the minister office and how we from AVO have yet to see any improvement from this 25 million dollar funding. I just wanted to share some excerpts of the email response from the IRCC minister office. Even though our file has reached ppr stage, the information provided is not irrelevant to us. I still wanted to share this with you all as we share the same journey, the same concerns, same questions and hopefully it can encourage some of you. Wishing everyone a positive result and praying you would be reunited with your loved ones soon :

"Thank you for your correspondence of March 13, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your spouse’s application for permanent residence under the Family Class (FC) Program"

"Please be assured that every effort is being made to finalize the applications of spouses and partners as quickly as possible. However, over the past few years, more people have applied to come to Canada in the spousal category than there was space for them in previous immigration levels plans, thus creating a backlog.

"As you are aware, the Department is working to reduce the spousal inventory. Targeted in-Canada inventory reduction efforts started on June 13, 2016. As a separate exercise, the overseas network has also received higher processing targets for spousal cases, which is helping to reduce overseas spousal inventories. An additional 12,000 - 14,000 spaces were allocated in the 2016 Immigration Levels Plan to spouses, partners and children. Budget 2016 provided $25 million in 2016-17 to support faster and more predictable processing times for family sponsorship. Through this investment, application backlogs will be reduced and wait times will be significantly shortened."

Information about the various stages of processing can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

While we realize that this situation is distressing to you, we trust that the information provided is of assistance.

IuliaMB

Mar 13, 2017
Hi everyone!

I just checked our MyCIC account and under Application/Profile detail a new "document detail" appears stating my husband's name, UCI number and that a counterfoil document is now Valid, as well as the document's number and expiry date. I take it that this is his visa that has been issued.

Now, does that mean we can ask DHL to go pick it up as it is ready or are we still supposed to wait for a pick up email from cic? Thanks!

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
TeamCMOR said:
Greetings Forum family. I shared with you that I sent an email to the Minister office on March 13 and I was advised that a reply was not guaranteed. Depending on the content of the email, that would determine if a reply is necessary from the Ministers office or not. Surprisingly, 4 days later we received ppr. Not only that, but I received a reply from the Ministers office today. Aside from our application, I mentioned the wait times at AVO, I mentioned how in comparison to other counties AVO stands at 16 months processing, which I am sure we can all relate with. I also mentioned the announcement on Dec 7 from the minister office and how we from AVO have yet to see any improvement from this 25 million dollar funding. I just wanted to share some excerpts of the email response from the IRCC minister office. Even though our file has reached ppr stage, the information provided is not irrelevant to us. I still wanted to share this with you all as we share the same journey, the same concerns, same questions and hopefully it can encourage some of you. Wishing everyone a positive result and praying you would be reunited with your loved ones soon :

"Thank you for your correspondence of March 13, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your spouse’s application for permanent residence under the Family Class (FC) Program"

"Please be assured that every effort is being made to finalize the applications of spouses and partners as quickly as possible. However, over the past few years, more people have applied to come to Canada in the spousal category than there was space for them in previous immigration levels plans, thus creating a backlog.

"As you are aware, the Department is working to reduce the spousal inventory. Targeted in-Canada inventory reduction efforts started on June 13, 2016. As a separate exercise, the overseas network has also received higher processing targets for spousal cases, which is helping to reduce overseas spousal inventories. An additional 12,000 - 14,000 spaces were allocated in the 2016 Immigration Levels Plan to spouses, partners and children. Budget 2016 provided $25 million in 2016-17 to support faster and more predictable processing times for family sponsorship. Through this investment, application backlogs will be reduced and wait times will be significantly shortened."

Information about the various stages of processing can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

While we realize that this situation is distressing to you, we trust that the information provided is of assistance.
Thanks for sharing. It was indeed helpful. Let actions and words be in sync that's all we ask.

Ehen...shebi somebody said the mails were irrelevant? Ok bye #rolleyes

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Sugarcoconut said:
Thanks for sharing. It was indeed helpful. Let actions and words be in sync that's all we ask.

Ehen...shebi somebody said the mails were irrelevant? Ok bye #rolleyes
Hehehehe hey heyyyy. My dear let's move on oo.

@teamcor thanks for sharing. ..