+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

JOSH717

Oct 26, 2016
@ waitinginTo ...and others....I've never ordered for GCMS notes before, but I think its now necessary .How do I go about it.

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
MrsKoj said:
Timosky, you can't possibly tell people how to feel. Also, you can't conclude "AVO is working" just because you and a handful of other people have been fortunate enough to get to the end of this tedious journey. In this same forum, there are still people who have waited more than a year to be with their family. If people are disappointed at the pace at which Accra is working, they are entitled to those feelings. It is not fair for you to come here and keep soliciting and advocating for a visa office that is obviously operating below par compared to other visa offices. Then to go ahead and say "your protest emails have nothing to do with the ppr coming"..are you trying to make people feel foolish for doing all they can to be reunited with their families ASAP? The energy you're bringing around here is pretty negative lately. No need for passive aggression. Congrats on your PPR. Now let the rest of us be upset in peace. :)
FEELING FLY...JUST BECAUSE YOU GOT PPR, and then all you think is just to discourage others...that's why African is the way it is...Me ,,myself and my family..others can go and suffer..

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
colmiz said:
Sis, we are next in Jesus mighty name! No weapon fashioned against us/our files shall prosper!

P.s. where's @becos oo...

Amen !!

I can't wait !!

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
TeamCMOR said:
PEG yasssssssss! you too claim it as your own! I wish you and your spouse a speedy and smooth journey. there is hope. all the best . Thank you. soon we would rejoice together IJN :D

Amen

I got so excited when I saw your post

I'm with hubby currently and I had to show him the thread and the progress

We both can't wait coz we're both expecting our first child later this year

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
TeamCMOR said:
Mrs. Koj- thank you! I pray the same success to you and yours. Hopefully soon. Keep on okay. Should you have any questions feel free to connect.
Amen! Thank you. For sure.. I will shoot you a message soon.

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
Timosky99 said:
Truth is bitter and no one among you can take me out of the forum..

If you like write a pettision against me...I don't care ,but i must tell you the truth,its all about patients and prayer ..
Dude u disgust me with ur bad grammar. Smh

• Haha
Reactions: Akissi18

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
peg204 said:
Amen

I got so excited when I saw your post

I'm with hubby currently and I had to show him the thread and the progress

We both can't wait coz we're both expecting our first child later this year
PEG, congratulations darling. Enjoy the sweet time with your family. Cherish such time. soon this would be something of the past. We serve the same God ooo. He is faithful ! Continue to trust and hope. Nothing is impossible

andy2011

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Hi guys i want to know if a dependent child can travel to canda without spouseapplicant on permant residence visa ..spouse will come later

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
hi,fellow members,i received a letter from the high commission to submit the birth certificate of my daughter and was given 30days. My wife has just mailed the document to the high commission and hopefully should arrive by tuesday. My question is,will they make a decision after 30days or once they receive the document,i won't have to wait for the 30days period before the final decision is made.My medical expires next month 27

BORNCANADIAN

Oct 28, 2015
Hello House,
Please any idea of the average time it takes to get pick up mail from AVO if one counts from the day DHL delivers passports to them.
A prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
i believe 3 to 4 weeks max 5

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017
Hello everyone in the house.

I feel I missed something. I see an attack going on Timosky. For what? Being honest? Are we being realistic here people? See here is the thing. I have seen no process with my husbands application. I linked the accounts, contacted MP to do checks and guide us on the whole process and ordered GCMS notes. No where did it say he needs to go for interview, nor did it look like it was coming from the GCMS notes, which was 9 months in. But believe me, they are working on it. I believe Accra AVO has better things to do than update there system. When I spoke to my MP she said Accra is a busy office dealing with 8 countries, as my husband is Nigerian and found it weird his application was sent their and not in Nigeria. They deal with refugees, student permits, and much more. So after my MP looked over my GCMS notes, all she saw for a last update from AVO was August 2016 when they received it. But not to say they haven't been working on it. Just not updating in system, she also said they have sections, for example, Paid PPR...goes in this pile....unpaid goes in another pile. If you want to avoid being left in a pile that will make your application move slower, it's by sending in a not complete application. Those who medical will expire, or passport. You should know by reading forum that you need 6 months on a passport to validity to leave country, so instead of waiting for immigration to email you to renew passport, get it done, if you have less than that. Also each case is different. Not ever application is the same. Some who have straight forward will go through process fast, as we seen less than 4 months get PPR.

So reason I came and connect to this forum is to get support of the truth and reality of everyone's process. To give a ruff idea the waiting time. To get support and ideas of what works and what may not. Not to bully and and gang up on one another. We can never know the rhyme or reason of the whole process as we are not immigration officers. We can only be there for each other and let everyone know what's happening to their own case. To know this is a shitty situation to be waiting....waiting and waiting to see what and when we will be reunited with our spouses.

Two nights ago....the day I found out my husband will have an interview 2 months from now, I sprained my ankle leaving work. (my head was somewhere else that day) I am now off work until healed and using crutches. Lost money to pay bills. My husband is going crazy, wishing he was here to take care of me, but unfortunately he is not. He keeps telling me I'm a strong woman. But he should be here to help me with everything. Only time, patience and the grace of God will he return to me.

So please everyone, can we just be at peace here? We are not the enemies, just ordinary people each with a story, waiting to be reunited with our loved ones.
Peace

• Sad
Reactions: Akissi18

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
BORNCANADIAN said:
Hello House,
Please any idea of the average time it takes to get pick up mail from AVO if one counts from the day DHL delivers passports to them.
A prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Born Canadian. . according to the CIC website it can take anywhere from 2 to 90 days, the average online mentions 50 days. however this varies from visa office and per file. these days I notice 3 to 4 weeks. as soon as your background check is complete am sure they wouldn't hesitate to give you pick up mail. God bless

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
jay9132 said:
hi,fellow members,i received a letter from the high commission to submit the birth certificate of my daughter and was given 30days. My wife has just mailed the document to the high commission and hopefully should arrive by tuesday. My question is,will they make a decision after 30days or once they receive the document,i won't have to wait for the 30days period before the final decision is made.My medical expires next month 27
Jay,from what I read when a document is required for your file the VO wud add a BF (bring forward date ) this date is the 30 days expiration date and it wud alert the visa officer to ensure u have the document in question. Now if the document arrives in AVO on Mar 21 they are to dissolve the BF date and work on your file right then and there. Now with AVO.... I don't know if they honor due dates . and I say that not to he negative but just by boatswife example a reply from AVO was due March 9 and it wasn't honored. however the one on your file could very well be diligent and wud follow up as soon as the document is recieved. may favor be your portion.

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
thanks for the response and if i may ask,can i mail a color copy of the birth certificate which was scanned to me by mail to the commission whiles the original is on its way.i ask this because,my wife current location,she couldn't get DHL as i thought, only Canada post which they said could take upto 2 weeks to arrive and already,i have sent the certificate through the online webform and made them away the original is on its way to them.The email i received didn't really specify whether its the original or photocopy.

BELOW IS THE EMAIL I RECIEVED

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Ø Birth registration/certificate: Birth registration/certificate Long form Birth certificate for your declared dependent born in 2015.

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarized documents are not acceptable.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time. If you choose not to respond with additional information, a decision will be made based on the information on file, which may result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Canadian High Commission for Ghana in Accra at the address indicated below.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section (MB)

I want to send the colored copy which was scanned to me to the commission on Monday,this way i dont have to wait for the original since all the information they need to verify is on the copy i will be sending to them,what do you make of it