+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Prettybaby said:
@butterfly girl am going through the same thing here too. My husband is an April 2016 applicant and I haven't heard anything from them since the file was transferred to Ghana. Am praying for a miracle now bcos I really wanna be with my hubby.
Hey prettybaby, what is your timeline??

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
ikema said:
I just want to live this pix of information here for everyone who might be puzzling about these questions. Everyone case is different, what work for me might not work for you. Despite what may, or whatever you are doing, try and always be positive and have self confidence. Tell yourself it can happen and you can do it.
Question people might want to ask and find answers to is about getting US visa when you just arrived Canada. These questions include :-
1) Can I apply for US visa if just arrive Canada?
2) Can I apply for US visa with my landed immigrant papers
3) Will I be able to travel outside Canada without PR card
4) Will I be able to comeback to Canada without my PR card?
5) Will I be able to come back to Canada with my confirmation of permanent resident?

Keeping those questions in mind, lets read down to find the answers. All the answers are based on my personal experience.

1) Yes you can apply for US visa, when you just arrived Canada and there is very possibility to get it. Within one month of my arrival to Canada I apply for US visa and it was issued to me.

2) Yes you can apply with your landed immigrant paper I.e your confirmation of permanent resident paper. These document is as good as your pr card. And that is what I use to apply for my US visa.

3) Yes you can travel out without PR card. But I will not advice you to do that. Though I traveled out to the US without my pr card. Is better to be patients to get your pr card before making any move. But, if it requires that you must travel, no qualms you can take the risk as I did.

4) Yes you can come back to Canada with without pr card but with your confirmation of permanent resident documents. BUT!!! you might have some confrontation with immigrant when you try to come back. It was a little bit of challenge for me, but I was able to skip through. If you want to try it, all the best.

5) Yes you will be able to come back. Because I went to the US and come back to Canada with my CPR.
A these activities took place within one month of my arrival. After I came back from the US I got my PR card.
It takes 9 weeks to get your PR card.

I hope these information helps.
Thank u Ikema for the information as its very useful and answers a number of questions about travelling to US as a Canadian PR.
However, I would like people to mind the highlighted portion of the original post. Individual cases differs and let it not be interpreted as been automatic once u are PR although its not usually refused. Even students on temporary visas here in Canada usually get US visiting visa but due dilligence or packaging matters and should not be trivialized especially in this Mr Trump's dispensation.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
ikema said:
I just want to live this pix of information here for everyone who might be puzzling about these questions. Everyone case is different, what work for me might not work for you. Despite what may, or whatever you are doing, try and always be positive and have self confidence. Tell yourself it can happen and you can do it.
Question people might want to ask and find answers to is about getting US visa when you just arrived Canada. These questions include :-
1) Can I apply for US visa if just arrive Canada?
2) Can I apply for US visa with my landed immigrant papers
3) Will I be able to travel outside Canada without PR card
4) Will I be able to comeback to Canada without my PR card?
5) Will I be able to come back to Canada with my confirmation of permanent resident?

Keeping those questions in mind, lets read down to find the answers. All the answers are based on my personal experience.

1) Yes you can apply for US visa, when you just arrived Canada and there is very possibility to get it. Within one month of my arrival to Canada I apply for US visa and it was issued to me.

2) Yes you can apply with your landed immigrant paper I.e your confirmation of permanent resident paper. These document is as good as your pr card. And that is what I use to apply for my US visa.

3) Yes you can travel out without PR card. But I will not advice you to do that. Though I traveled out to the US without my pr card. Is better to be patients to get your pr card before making any move. But, if it requires that you must travel, no qualms you can take the risk as I did. you can go to the ends of the earth without PR card as long as you have a valid visa to the place. Returning is the issue

4) Yes you can come back to Canada with without pr card but with your confirmation of permanent resident documents. BUT!!! you might have some confrontation with immigrant when you try to come back. It was a little bit of challenge for me, but I was able to skip through. If you want to try it, all the best. Only to the US or any other country with land boarder with Canada (if any). For there countries, you would need to get a e travel document.Permanent residents (PRs) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada.

5) Yes you will be able to come back. Because I went to the US and come back to Canada with my CPR.
A these activities took place within one month of my arrival. After I came back from the US I got my PR card.
It takes 9 weeks to get your PR card.

I hope these information helps.

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015, redone Nov 9, 2016
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
Forte said:
Nihyraba thanks this is good info
You are welcome. I didn't find out about this until after I applied. I used it to send more information to AVO about my application though :D I hope someone will find some use for it.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Nyhiraba said:
You are welcome. I didn't find out about this until after I applied. I used it to send more information to AVO about my application though :D I hope someone will find some use for it.
Just noticed I grossly misspelt your name. Apologies and thanks again!

Accra mimi

Feb 8, 2017
Hi everybody i am new in this forum
I am canadian and my husban lives in benin
We applied for residence permanente in february 2016 and recieved the CSQ in april 2016 then in octobed 2016 they asked to do the e-medical for a second time because first one was expired .. since we sent them the second e-medical we still waiting ..but someone knows how many time we have to wait between the second e-medical and an answer for the residence permanente ?

(I am french sorry for my english )

Tweeny2017

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Interview........
11-01-2017
Accra mimi said:
We applied for residence permanente in february 2016 and recieved the CSQ in april 2016 then in octobed 2016 they asked to do the e-medical for a second time because first one was expired .. since we sent them the second e-medical we still waiting ..but someone knows how many time we have to wait between the second e-medical and an answer for the residence permanente ?

I don't even understand why they ask for the medicals in the first place if they know the application processing will take longer than 12 month. We did them as well with the initial application in February last year and still waiting for a reply from the embassy. So far they didn't ask us to redo medicals yet. We consider that just a waste of money and to do medicals is very expensive.

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
Accra mimi said:

Dear Accra Mimi, U are welcome to the forum.
Medical tests (e-medical) generally expires after one year and usually asking for e-medicals indicates that your application is almost passed and they just need to be sure the applicant is medically fit enough.
Personally I would raise a case specific enquiry (web form) after 3 months of re-doing medicals. This is because they get the result almost immediately so there is suppose to be no cause for further delay.
Besides what is your time line? when did you do the second medical? etc.

Hope this helps.

boatswife

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Halifax, NS
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09 -02-2017 new meds...police..sched A after interview
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Med's Request
19-04-2017...For stepson...This was after PPR!
Med's Done....
11-07-2016 and 14-02-2017
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017 sent in via dhl 20-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2017
Has anyone in the last year done an interview in Accra and if so did they get their visa on spot or were told to wait and then submitted?

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017
Hello everyone, TeamCMOR and Pretty Baby

I'm just waiting on replies from my MP from a couple days ago and I emailed case specific enquires today. I ordered the GMCS notes last month and they should be coming in the next week, I hope.
Being apart from your spouse who cries you left them in h*** to d** alone is heartbreaking. I spent 3 months with my hubby late last year and came back to Canada cause this is where I live, work and rasie my children. I am being torn apart from my happiness with my husband and my family and life. I work a lot to keep busy and hope that with each day that passes, it will be one day closer for all of us to be together again. My story is long and difficult. But with determination and prayers we will be reunited again in Canada. Amen
Hoping for more approvals soon.
I was told you don't have to wait till the timeline is passed to get your MP involved, mine is very helpful. In fact she has been there from before we filed. She mentioned she helps with application before you send them in and can look over them if you like to see if you missed anything. A double check if you will, of dotting all your "i"s and crossing all your "t"s.
I find this forum to be a great amount of help and support and i wish we all get positive outcomes. Will keep you all updated. :)
Peace

Tweeny2017

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Interview........
11-01-2017
boatswife said:
Has anyone in the last year done an interview in Accra and if so did they get their visa on spot or were told to wait and then submitted?
We had interview last month. So far we wait..

tender

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/08/2016
Doc's Request.
My God will defend me