+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

uCHEMAMA

Jan 3, 2017
Ugoswife said:
We wanted to use a lawyer before we looked at the forms. We changed our minds because we were scared that some lawyer who didn't know us through and through might make a mistake filling out forms. I have too much OCD to trust someone to do that for me lol. It took a long time and a lot of research but Im glad we did it. Yes lawyers provide convenience if you can absolutely trust them and they can also help people who don't have a lot of information about the process. It's advisable though to go over your application word to word after your lawyer is done before filing. Read a story on here about someone whose wife was banned for 5 years from CIC due to a little oversight by the lawyer in preparing the application which CIC interpreted as misrepresentation.
[/quote

Yes, it was a friend of mine. The stupid lawyer mad a mistake on the dates of the wedding and CIC ended up saying the marriage was invalid and because the husband had been sponsored by someone else, just as soon as they implemented the 5 year ban, his application was already in process.

uCHEMAMA

Jan 3, 2017
becos said:
Well there are good lawyers and bad lawyers I'm sure. A good lawyer like ours would let you review the forms before they were sent in, as you need to sign them. Lawyers are there for a reason, to help people. It's a personal choice. Just because someone uses a lawyer doesn't make their application any less legitimate or worthy of being processed fairly. I've defended this issue for people before on this forum who have been made to feel they are less than because they sought assistance from a lawyer. That's not fair. Please be respectful of people's choices, that's what they wanted to do and chose to put their money towards and that's their prerogative. Our applications are all equal in the eyes of CIC.
Actually noone is making anyone feel less - it a personal choice. Forms are very straight forward. Thats all we are saying. I would use a lawyer if I needed an appeal - not initial step

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017
becos said:
Are there still March-May people waiting in the house? Please let us know.
Hello, yes my husband is a May applicant. I emailed my MP and hope to hear some good news this week.
This is ridiculously too hard to be apart from your spouse. Hope we hear more approvals coming our way.
Butterfly girl

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
Butterflygirl said:
Hello, yes my husband is a May applicant. I emailed my MP and hope to hear some good news this week.
This is ridiculously too hard to be apart from your spouse. Hope we hear more approvals coming our way.
Butterfly girl
Hi Butterflygirl, yes its not easy. We are all feeling the pain of uncontrollable separation from our love ones. Your file was transferred over to Accra the same day as ours. Did you request for your GCMS notes? I was told that it is beneficial to involve your MP only after the required time has expired. For example.. CIC says that they would process over 80% of applicants within 1 year of when your application was submitted. Yet it doesnt hurt to try as well. All the best. I hope you get answers soon enough.

Prettybaby

Jan 23, 2017
Butterflygirl said:
Butterfly girl

@butterfly girl am going through the same thing here too. My husband is an April 2016 applicant and I haven't heard anything from them since the file was transferred to Ghana. Am praying for a miracle now bcos I really wanna be with my hubby.

lankyprince

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/08/2016
AOR Received.
27/09/2016
File Transfer...
28/10/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Happy new month everyone. Let's get ready for the good news of more ppr.

Ritzy5

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/11/2015
Doc's Request.
01/11/2016
AOR Received.
29/12/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2016
Med's Request
Re-Med 01/02/2017
Med's Done....
09/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/03/2017
PPR received today. I can't thank God enough!!!! After how many months of waiting? You guys should calculate for me lol

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Quick question for the house, AVO have requested for a copy of basis of claims/personal information form, so my question is how do I send this to them. through email or mail. also my application is linked to GCKey account . thanks

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Ritzy5 said:
PPR received today. I can't thank God enough!!!! After how many months of waiting? You guys should calculate for me lol
Congrats Ritzy5!!! That's long over due!!! Keep us posted!! :)

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Ritzy5 said:
Congratulations Rizt ...is not easy ,exactly 15 months i think,its also the latest processing time of CIC website now for those that apply before December 2k16

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
No PPR's today I guess. Urrgh! This queue needs to start moving.

Tweeny2017

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Interview........
11-01-2017
Nneoma Abah said:
When you are called for an interview, how much time in advance are you given? Does this vary? Do all interview happen in Accra or can you have an interview done in Lagos or Abuja? When an interview is not required, will you still be asked to come to Accra to collect your visa or will they ask you to go to Lagos /Abuja?

uCHEMAMA

Jan 3, 2017
uCHEMAMA said:
Sent my hubby's on January 6th and got the mail for pickup yesterday
And infact I found the DHL rule in Nigeria quite stupid really - they said they have to send an email to to AVO asking when they can come get the passport - even after we received the email that the passport is ready for collection. God knows how long it will take for AVO to respond to DHL