+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

willy234

Sep 9, 2013
Dear XXXX:

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Based on the evidence that you provided we are not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

In order to come to a final determination in your case we will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.

We look forward to receiving your additional information.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted. To avoid delays, please submit all documents at the same time.

------------------------------------------
Got the above Email today , need help and advice on what to do- March 2016 applicant.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
willy234 said:
Got the above Email today , need help and advice on what to do- March 2016 applicant.
Hi willy234, sorry to hear about this. On a few pages before on this thread two others received the same email. Just look back a few pages and you will find some advice on how to move forward.

Best wishes.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Hello Willy234,
how you feel when you first read the email? shaking I believe....hahaha

now listen up relax ur mind and get urself a glass cup of chilled water and drink to calm you.
all they are asking from you here is to prove your relationship or marriage with your spouse.
Get all the chats u had with your spouse, get supporting letter from families and friends to talk truthfully about ur marriage or relationship with ur spouse.
all receipts of gift u sent or received from ur spouse, western union vouchers, emails, text messages pictures you both took together.
then a well worded letter or note to explain the beginning of your relationship till it get to marriage.
God bless as you gathers all d documents.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
willy234 said:
Dear XXXX:

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Based on the evidence that you provided we are not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

In order to come to a final determination in your case we will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.

We look forward to receiving your additional information.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted. To avoid delays, please submit all documents at the same time.

Wow Is this mail the same as the one you got at first?

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO ALL.

I SINCERELY APPRECIATE AND THANK YOU ALL FOR TAKING A TIME OUT TO REJOICES WITH US ON MY PICK UP MAIL. GOD WILL REMEMBER YOU ALL FOR GOOD BY HIS GRACE. THOUGH WE HAVE LIMITED TIME AT HAND TO LAND BEFORE THE EXPIRATION OF OUR MED WHICH IS 24TH OF JANUARY. GOD HAS HELP US WE HAVE CONFIRM/BOOKED OUR FLIGHT BEFORE THE DEADLINE. WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED.

PLEASE NOTE. FOR THOSE THAT HAVE GOTTEN PPR AND PASSPORT WITH AVO FOR A WHILE AND EXPECTING PICK UP MAIL, WORK WITH YOUR MEDICAL EXPIRATION DATE FOR YOUR LANDING FORMALITIES AND NOT THE 2RD DATE.

willy234

Sep 9, 2013
Timosky99 said:
Wow Is this mail the same as the one you got at first?
This is the first mail. There are two willy on this thread. willblue and willy234. Thanks guys for word of encouragement really appreciate it.

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
Hello members of the house, it has been very quiet in the house any news this week? Posted my passport by DHL on the 12th Dec and was delivered to AVO on the 16th Dec. Can anyone tell if AVO sends acknowledgement of receive when they get your passport, thanks!

Yettymama

Dec 22, 2016
Good day house,i received an email from accra ghana on the 14th dec 2016 requesting for medicals,rprf,pcc,ppr all at once,i sent all today, how long will it take to get my passport back.

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
Yettymama said:
Good day house,i received an email from accra ghana on the 14th dec 2016 requesting for medicals,rprf,pcc,ppr all at once,i sent all today, how long will it take to get my passport back.

Hi Yettymama, seems we are in the same boat, that is the question i am sitting here waiting for answer . Could you please share your timeline, when did you apply? Thanks!

Yettymama

Dec 22, 2016
gapoha said:
Hi Yettymama, seems we are in the same boat, that is the question i am sitting here waiting for answer . Could you please share your timeline, when did you apply? Thanks!
Hello gapoha,kindly see below my timeline:
Application sent to cic: 5th Jan 16
Aor: 2nd march 16
Medical request,rprf,ppr,pcc: 14th december 16
Medicals done: 20th dec 16( pls how do i know if my medical result has been sent?)
Pp sent: 22nd dec 2016

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017
Hello.....hello...hello...hello.....echo......in the house....

Any new PPR's this past week?? Anything new???

Well can only try and hold on this holiday season in one piece....we shall see the end to start our new beginning soon. Our spouses will soon come. :-*
Amen

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
Yettymama said:
Medicals done: 20th dec 16( pls how do i know if my medical result has been sent?)

You can enquire from the doctor if he has done that, and sent the medical information sheet to CIC. In my case the hospital told me the very date they put it online for CIC and also gave me a copy of the result by email.

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
gapoha said:
You can enquire from the doctor if he has done that, and sent the medical information sheet to CIC.

Did you add pcc, and medical to your application when applying?

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Yettymama said:
Please do apply for gcms note?
When did you get SA?