+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

CHRISSEY

Sep 22, 2016
HELLO GUYS I KNOW ITS BEEN A LONG AND STRESSFUL WAIT FOR ALL OF U BUT
TRUST ME PUT UR TRUST IN GOD
PRAY ALOT AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK.
I NEARLY LOST HOPE BUT GOD SHOWED UP AT AT 11:59
I GOT MY PPR VERY CLOSE TO THE EXPIRY OF MY MEDICALS AND IT EVEN TOOK MORE THAN A MONTH
TO GET A PICK UP MAIL WHICH LEFT ME WITH CLOSE TO 3 WEEKS TO THE EXPIRY OF MY MEDICAL AND VISA
BUT I AM HERE SAFELY STAYING WITH MY WIFE .
JUST BEEN HERE ALMOST A WEEK AND I AM ENJOYING THE COLD WEATHER.
TRUST ME IT WILL BE LIKE DREAM JUST BELIEVE IN GOD.
HEY YAYAO, IKEAMA AND CO TNX FOR BEING SUCH A GOOD INFLUENCE ON THIS PLATFORM.
AND PLS GUYS FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTION RELATED TO THIS PLATFORM TNX :) :) :)

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Congratulations chrissey....may Jehovah be praised

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Please chrissey I send you personal message

Egwejemu

Sep 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2016
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
14/06/2016
Interview........
not our portion
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
All the April Applicant get ready for your PPR request.... It is our time..

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Lol April applicant's?
Lol don't make my mind fly..
I think you guys say its FIFO..
So it depends on when the ,
Applicant's received SA,
And filed transfered

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017
Hello everyone, not sure if there is a thread about medicals. I have a question. So my husband did a previous application last year and did medical in September 2015. I was sent the SP approval July 27/16 and in the letter it states at the bottom that he would have to do an Medical Report (IMM1017B UPFRONT).

I was thinking this was a generic letter sent out as I have seen it before with SP approvals. I inquired with my MP last week and they said my husband is suppose to do this, she received update from Immigration MP section yesterday.

SO do you need to do Upfront for every application you send in, even when the medical was less than a year? If so, what are the steps? Where can I get the form? Please. Thanks in advance for your help.

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
CHRISSEY said:
HELLO GUYS I KNOW ITS BEEN A LONG AND STRESSFUL WAIT FOR ALL OF U BUT
TRUST ME PUT UR TRUST IN GOD
PRAY ALOT AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK.
I NEARLY LOST HOPE BUT GOD SHOWED UP AT AT 11:59
I GOT MY PPR VERY CLOSE TO THE EXPIRY OF MY MEDICALS AND IT EVEN TOOK MORE THAN A MONTH
TO GET A PICK UP MAIL WHICH LEFT ME WITH CLOSE TO 3 WEEKS TO THE EXPIRY OF MY MEDICAL AND VISA
BUT I AM HERE SAFELY STAYING WITH MY WIFE .
JUST BEEN HERE ALMOST A WEEK AND I AM ENJOYING THE COLD WEATHER.
TRUST ME IT WILL BE LIKE DREAM JUST BELIEVE IN GOD.
HEY YAYAO, IKEAMA AND CO TNX FOR BEING SUCH A GOOD INFLUENCE ON THIS PLATFORM.
AND PLS GUYS FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTION RELATED TO THIS PLATFORM TNX :) :) :)

thank you for sharing your testimony. can you share your time line pls. my husband did his medicals in may 2016. our file indicates he passed medical review. how much longer until we receive ppr. we are both children of God. praying, reading the word and fasting. file transfered to AVO and confirmed the file is currently opened and under review since August 24,2016.
thank you for your prompt response

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Butterflygirl said:
Hello everyone, not sure if there is a thread about medicals. I have a question. So my husband did a previous application last year and did medical in September 2015. I was sent the SP approval July 27/16 and in the letter it states at the bottom that he would have to do an Medical Report (IMM1017B UPFRONT).

I was thinking this was a generic letter sent out as I have seen it before with SP approvals. I inquired with my MP last week and they said my husband is suppose to do this, she received update from Immigration MP section yesterday.

SO do you need to do Upfront for every application you send in, even when the medical was less than a year? If so, what are the steps? Where can I get the form? Please. Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes you will need to do another medical, as they are only valid for a year and must be valid until even after you get a PPR request as you cannot travel with an expired medical. You can just go do the medical, it will be sent electronically to AVO, and then you must mail the receipt in. Someone can probably give better info on how exactly to send it in, but yes you will have to do another medical and I would do it asap if I were you. Hope that helps.

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
I am so nervous and Scared

I must say i hate this waiting game

I live in Canada and my husband lives in U.S as a student

I met my husband in Nigeria April 2015, (turn out we knew each other before i travelled out and his mother is a very good friend to my aunt LoL crazy Story)

He proposed to me on January 1st, 2016

I married my husband in may 2016, Texas

I send our Application on August 30,2016 and The application was received on September 2, 2016 along with my husband's medical and criminal record check. and paid everything in full including the fees for right of permanent resident

On October 13, 2016 i was sent a letter that i was approve to sponsor my husband and his application has been sent to Ghana because of his nationality ( we're both Nigerians )

On October 24, 2016 they Started processing my husband's application in Ghana

I signed up for the GCKey so that my husband and i can know the status on his application in Ghana

It now November and all i see on there is : Medical is passed and review in process for eligibility. Nothing else

I hate this wait and i just want my husband to be here already. I'm praying to God that this new year we will hear some good news ....

Does anybody have any advise for me?

I'm Going crazy/// Have heard lot and lot of story.

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015, redone Nov 9, 2016
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
Butterflygirl said:

So I see you did not do medicals for this application but are relying on a previous medical for a previous application? That will not work for CIC. Every application has its requirements and you have to abide by that.

The timelines are now anywhere between 8-11 months for PR for spousal sponsorship. If your medicals will expire before 11 months to your application date you might as well redo the medicals and send it in before they place your application on hold and you have to go do it. Especially if they have told you to go do it.

It all boils down to two questions (1) do you want the PR for your spouse? (2) How quickly do you want it?

From your approval date it looks like you put in your application this year, right? In our case the delay was from AVO but we still had to redo the medicals.

All the best.

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015, redone Nov 9, 2016
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
peg204 said:

I met my husband in Nigeria April 2015, (turn out we knew each other before i travelled out and his mother is a very good friend to my aunt LoL crazy Story)

I send our Application on August 30,2016 and The application was received on September 2, 2016 along with my husband's medical and criminal record check. and paid everything in full including the fees for right of permanent resident

On October 13, 2016 i was sent a letter that i was approve to sponsor my husband and his application has been sent to Ghana because of his nationality ( we're both Nigerians )

I signed up for the GCKey so that my husband and i can know the status on his application in Ghana

It now November and all i see on there is : Medical is passed and review in process for eligibility. Nothing else

I hate this wait and i just want my husband to be here already. I'm praying to God that this new year we will hear some good news ....

If there are no redflags on your application expect your PR between 8-11 months of its receipt at Mississauga. start looking for emails from them from May 2017. Welcome to the waiting game. :D

becos

Aug 25, 2016
peg204 said:

Hi Peg204, welcome. Your application is right behind mine. This is the waiting game, it will be 8-11 months most likely even if you sent everything in and paid in full.

spacepmi

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA THEN TRANSFERED TO DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
File Transfer...
20-06-2016
Med's Done....
13-03-2016
peg204 said:

My advice for you is be patient and wait. The key to Winning this game with AVO is patience

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
peg204 said:

Lol pag204 you just have to bear it,its not only you, but all of us are in same situation..
Don't expect ppr on new year Eve as you thought since there is no special order from Canadian government on your application and there is no magic at AVO too..
So just be patient OK... Once we enter next year it becomes closer OK..
Just know that its not only you but a lot of us here and also so many people who don't know about forum but yet they are still coping too...so we that know this forum and have a timeline ,we Are in better expectation OK