Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
YayaO said:
Passport received today. Thank God it's finally over. Thanks guys for your help.
Congratulations yayao...it's a good news,the waiting is over..have s safe trip to meet your spouse!!!!!

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015, redone Nov 9, 2016
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
andy2011 said:
Insert Quote
Quote from: andy2011 on November 13, 2016, 08:52:19 pm
Hi guys ?i won my appeal on June 20 2016
And on 31 of August a letter below
From Accra visa office

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø 53299122 - Xxxxxxx:
Ø Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature Schedule A for applicant and all three dependents.

Ø Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures IMM 5406 for applicant and all three dependents.

Ø Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate Police clearances for applicant and all three dependents.

Ø 35451858 - sponsor
Ø Client Information: Evidence of sponsor's employment.

Ø RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada.
Sent all documents on September 19...

since then no word from them ...I'm really worried ..how soon till passport request ? Any help thanks
check the appeals thread for information about timelines: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.0.html

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Hi guys. About to begin my journey and really need some advice and guidance.

I'm a Nigerian studying in the US on an F1 visa and my Nigerian fiancee just landed in Canada as a PR. We are planning to get our parents to do the intro and other traditional rites (bride price) on our behalf in Nigeria then she and I will do a court marriage either in US or Canada. Thereafter she will put in the spousal application. Does this sound ok? Going to naija to do the trad isn't really an option because of cost and time. We've been dating for like 4years by the way.

I saw somewhere that it's almost impossible to get TRV to visit fiancee/fiance in Canada. Is this true?

Thanks everybody.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Mr Forte...will your parents and her parents witness your upcoming court wedding?
If not, they have to is a good evidence gbagam.
If you guys can possible do it in US or Canada as you said the parents in attendance atleast if not both parents atleast one the party parents good, and you will always state why the order didn't attende the wedding.
No visa is impossible to give ,but Canada don't believe mostly on fiancée visa, even most married couple are scared to apply for TRV to avoid being rejected but that doesn't mean yours can never be accepted,on TRV don't mentioned your fiancée lol ,because no country will give a young man VV if he have someone there,they know he is not coming back, get a photo from the traditional wedding that your family will arrange for you and her,but better still you guys better go to nija and do the wedding for better chance to believe that the marriage is real..good luck ,other professionals will insight more on it.

Lekki

Sep 13, 2016
Lekki
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 Mar 2016
Yeah Timosky is right. The more evidence the better. Wedding pictures with family in attendance are quite important though not exactly mandatory.
It would be best if you guys find a way to make that happen although Im sure as you've been together for four years you will have lots of other evidence and pictures, so again its not mandatory but it would certainly be ideal.

On the TRV, again Timosky is right, there is a high probability of getting rejected for the visiting visa if you mention your fiancé. The best chance of getting a TRV is if you give another reason, maybe a seminar or even just tourism. I know this first hand, before applying for PR I applied for TRV saying my (Canadian) wife and I wanted to visit her mum. I was rejected. I applied a second time, this time not mentioning her and was again rejected. It was after this second time that we submitted the PR application. (note this was with a passport with current five year UK and Schengen visas and a US one too).
Forte said:

I'm a Nigerian studying in the US on an F1 visa and my Nigerian fiancee just landed in Canada as a PR. We are planning to get our parents to do the intro and other traditional rites (bride price) on our behalf in Nigeria then she and I will do a court marriage either in US or Canada. Thereafter she will put in the spousal application. Does this sound ok? Going to naija to do the trad isn't really an option because of cost and time. We've been dating for like 4years by the way.

I saw somewhere that it's almost impossible to get TRV to visit fiancee/fiance in Canada. Is this true?

Thanks everybody.
S

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Lekki and timosky thanks guys. This tin no be small tin at all. I was thinking that since I'm a student, cic, will know that I have to go back to school. I was planning to write a very long and detailed LoE explaining why I want to visit my fiancee and my give reasons why I will definitely return to the States.

Regarding the court / trad, I was also planning to explain that honestly, the flight / logistics expenses are prohibitive. But true, we could try get at least one of our parents to witness the court. For that too, I need the Canada visa because the wedding will be better held in Canada. Plus her mum will easily get a visa.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Mr fort my brothere,is not easy ,i dont even know that this forum exist when i apply,so you have a bettwr chance of avoiding mistake than me,its more difficult than we think,but just do what is best OK, congratulations and happy married life ahead

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Forte said:
Timosky thanks brother.
Forte, I hear you, travel is so expensive. But I agree with the others, having your family present and ensuring you do the traditional rights is so important for the application. Visa officers are trained in customs and traditions and if you leave any out they want to see thorough explanations as to why you have not done things. So if you can't trave, make sure you do all that you can, take pictures and show that you're sharing your marriage far and wide.

And as for the TRV. The others are right, they are so difficult to get, doesn't hurt to try but don't be surprised if it's not granted, particularly if you're already in the process with your immigration app.

Hope that helps, best of luck to you. And welcome, this is a very helpful community.

ikema

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
File Transfer...
March 28, 2016
Med's Done....
November 27, 2015
Passport Req..
October 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 21, 2016
LANDED..........
November 25, 2016
CHRISSEY said:
congrats to you ikema,dele and yayao its been such a nerve racking wait for u all. But I have a question for all those who have received ppr. does all ppr come with an instruction to fill a new schedule A form? and does anyone one knows why they ask u to fill a new schedule A as for updated family info I understand tnx guys have a safe trip God willingly at the right time we will all get our documentations and be with our lovely spouses :D

Hey guys, I have been quite for some time now, Work is having me on the wrong side, am training quite a few person to take over my position at work and also putting stuff together to be with my spouse soon. I have to be in Canada on or before 27 of this month.

In regard to your question they didn't ask me to complete schedule A. I think the reason why they might ask you to complete schedule A is to see if you have any additional info. other than that you are cool.

ikema

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
File Transfer...
March 28, 2016
Med's Done....
November 27, 2015
Passport Req..
October 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 21, 2016
LANDED..........
November 25, 2016
Forte said:

Thanks everybody.
Hey Forte,

Using my situation as a case study. I be Naija guy. but i leave in the Caribbean, My Spouse is a Naija too. just to short the story I go bullet point.
*Traditional marriage was done in Nigeria( just paying of the bride price) nether me nor my spouse was present, just families alone
*Wedding was done here(christian wedding) with reception and honeymoon afterward.
*Non of our parents were present, but my spouse family in Canada and my family in US were present.
*Me and my spouse have been talking for 3 years before marriage.
* My spouse visited me once before our marriage.
PROVE OF EVIDENCE
* Non was sent from Naija but was explain on completing the application form that tradition right took place in Nigeria were both families meet.
* All evidence here was provide which include but not limited to (Conversation, Visiting ticket, phone call, engagement pictures,wedding pictures, reception picture, honeymoon picture, the list go on and on....). As you can see on my time line, it takes 7 months to process my application after SA was received.
MY ADVICE TO YOU
*make your people go do the tradition for NAIJA, try get enough evidence, take picture of everything, the yam, goat salt, in na igbo girl take the box of clothes and rapers etc lol.
*If you have the money you can go to Naija, but if you don't have the found, don't kill your self about that.
*In regard to the wedding make it a little bit more formal and spicy so that you can have a good attendance and pictures to show. Remember CIC ask "HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE IN YOU WEDDING CEREMONY, HOW MANY AT THE RECEPTION.) So take note of that.
*It is not a must that your parents have to be there on your wedding day. If you or she have relative and friend, they cam attend.
* I suggest you do the wedding at state, but if you get a visa to go over to Canada for the wedding 3 gboza for you.
* Plan ahead for honeymoon even thou na two night for hotel. CIC need those picture.
* You been a student in US has nothing to do with your application

You said she just land Canada as PR. have you do a research to see how long she have to been in Canada soil before filing for you?

I wish you all the best my dear friend as you are about to begging this " Patient Test Journey"

This is my take.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Hi Guys,

I am considering applying outland, although my spouse and I live in Canada. I just checked and the processing time in Accra is now 16 months. Will anyone advice if I should still use the outland?