Interview........
WAIVED - STATUS CHANGED 09OCT2015 IN PROCESS
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Hello, You can sponsor 5 years (I apologize) from the date you became officially landed in Canada. So for example if you were landed on February 25, 2011. You can sponsor someone to the land effective 25 February 2016. I hope this helps.
mevisbleek said:
Hi Guys,
I need help. Question regarding 5yr sponsorship bar scenario for previously sponsored spouse. "If your application was received before March 2012 you are not barred for 5yrs".

Please guys, does this refer to the previous application or the application about to be submitted? If one was sponsored in 2011 and looking to sponsor someone else in 2016 does this bar affect the 2016 application? Professional opinion would be highly appreciated.

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
mevisbleek said:
Hi Guys,
I need help. Question regarding 5yr sponsorship bar scenario for previously sponsored spouse. "If your application was received before March 2012 you are not barred for 5yrs".

Please guys, does this refer to the previous application or the application about to be submitted? If one was sponsored in 2011 and looking to sponsor someone else in 2016 does this bar affect the 2016 application? Professional opinion would be highly appreciated.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

Dear Mevis
Fron the link above, any sponsorED spouse from March 2012 going forward can only sponsor someone else (obviously after divorce) 5 years after he or she was sponsored.
However if a spouse was sponsored before March 2012, as long as the spouse has divorced the one that sponsored him/her originally, he/she can sponsor another person without waiting for 5 years.
So in your specific question, the one sponsored in 2011 can now sponsor another person in 2016 as long as he/she has divorced the former sponsor. hope this helps

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Hello somebody in the house,pls I need to be sure if my family in Nigeria can still go for upfront medical exams though the family's file was tranferred to Ghana by cic by November and further rquired applications and documents were submitted to Ghana on December 8,2015. Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Hey! You can do medicals anytime you choose. Ottawa posts results to your Immigratiom File and not to a visa office. There is no harm in it if that's what you want. Most times it makes them accelerate especially near the end to avoid you having to do it again. God bless you.
bakanomics said:
Hello somebody in the house,pls I need to be sure if my family in Nigeria can still go for upfront medical exams though the family's file was tranferred to Ghana by cic by November and further rquired applications and documents were submitted to Ghana on December 8,2015. Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

Firstlady

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-5-2015
AOR Received.
18-6-2015
File Transfer...
13-7-2015 and in process 30th of September 2015
Med's Done....
upfront 9-2-2015
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
23-3-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2016
Good day guys,
Plz did anyone get email below, i was send the email this morning about cic survey

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is currently conducting a satisfaction survey with people who have used CIC's services. CIC has hired the EKOS firm to conduct the survey, on-line and by phone.

Your name has been randomly chosen from a list of people who received services from CIC in 2015.

This survey is available on-line only between February 25 and March 21, 2016. It will take about 20 minutes to complete.

You will be directed to the survey by clicking on the following link:
* CLICK HERE *

If you are unable to open the link above, please copy the full URL below into your browser:
https://97.ca/ekos/cwx.cgi?EN:02016:TARRJYSSSY

This survey is voluntary - you are under no obligation to participate. Your decision to participate or not will in no way affect any dealings you may have with CIC. All information collected will be kept strictly confidential - no individuals will be identified in any way.

We hope that you will take part in this important survey and help us to continue to improve the services provided by CIC.

For more information about the survey, or if you experience any difficulties completing the survey online, please contact Jeremie Blanc at sondageCICsurvey@ekos.com or 1-800-388-2873.

Thank you for taking the time to participate.

EKOS Research Associates, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aidez-nous à mieux vous servir. Votre opinion nous importe.

Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada (CIC) mène actuellement une étude sur la satisfaction des personnes qui ont eu recours aux services de CIC. CIC a engagé la firme EKOS pour effectuer ce sondage en ligne et par téléphone.

Votre nom a été sélectionné au hasard dans une liste de noms de personnes qui ont reçu des services offerts par CIC en 2015.

Le sondage n'est disponible en ligne que durant la période du 25 février au 21 mars 2016. Il ne vous faudra que 20 minutes environ pour y répondre.

Vous serez dirigé(e) vers le sondage en cliquant sur ce lien :
* CLIQUEZ ICI *

Si vous ne pouvez pas ouvrir le lien ci-dessus, veuillez copier dans votre navigateur l'adresse URL suivante au complet :
https://97.ca/ekos/cwx.cgi?FR:02016:TARRJYSSSY

La participation à ce sondage est facultative; vous n'êtes donc pas obligé d'y répondre. Votre décision d'y répondre ou non n'aura aucune incidence sur les démarches que vous avez entreprises auprès de CIC. Tous les renseignements recueillis seront strictement confidentiels; aucun répondant ne sera identifié, et ce, d'aucune façon.

Nous espérons que vous participerez à cet important sondage et que vous nous aiderez à améliorer les services offerts par CIC.

Pour obtenir de plus amples renseignements au sujet de ce sondage, ou si vous éprouvez des difficultés à le compléter en ligne, veuillez communiquer avec Jeremie Blanc à l'adresse sondageCICsurvey@ekos.com ou au 1-800-388-2873.

Merci de prendre le temps d'y participer.

Les Associés de recherche EKOS, Inc.

Destinyba

Sep 28, 2015
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
File Transfer...
Went in process Oct 9th 2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Interview........
None will be requested additional info requested Feb 1st
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2016
LANDED..........
He is on the way
Hi house, I am happy to announce that they have requested for passports this Morning. If you remember they requested additional information Feb 1st and gave me 30 days and I was panicking. I need some help. For those who have sentered in their passports. They are also requesting a newly completed im5669. Is it necessary to resend it if nothing has changed? Can someone help.

Thanks,

God is so good! ;D

Ritzy5

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/11/2015
Doc's Request.
01/11/2016
AOR Received.
29/12/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2016
Med's Request
Re-Med 01/02/2017
Med's Done....
09/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/03/2017
Hi Destinyba,
Was no interview requested?

neelzar

Jan 11, 2015
Destinyba said:
Hi house, I am happy to announce that they have requested for passports this Morning. If you remember they requested additional information Feb 1st and gave me 30 days and I was panicking. I need some help. For those who have sentered in their passports. They are also requesting a newly completed im5669. Is it necessary to resend it if nothing has changed? Can someone help.

Thanks,

God is so good! ;D
Hi Destinyba,

Congratulations on your PPR! God is really good.

You are supposed to do as they requested because apart from your family composition changing, u may also have used an outdated form as CIC updates their forms regularly.

Please if u don't mind my asking, what were the additional documents you submitted?

Thanks,

Neelzar

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Congratulations to you! See there was no need to panic before. ;D Send them the form as requested to avoid delays. Just ensure it matches what you told them when you filled it the first time and sent with the application. You are well on your way! Congratulations again!
Destinyba said:

Thanks,

God is so good! ;D

Destinyba

Sep 28, 2015
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
File Transfer...
Went in process Oct 9th 2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Interview........
None will be requested additional info requested Feb 1st
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2016
LANDED..........
He is on the way
Ritzy5@ no interview was requested. Thanks Benestel. @Nectar I submitted a condensed 93 pages of additional what app messages. Fb messages and profile pics, a letter from the local MP, phone records, a letter from my pastor, a letter from a businessman, a personal letter from my husband, pictures, wedding invitations inviting both myself and husband and proof that we have an account together and also a letter from me.

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Destinyba said:

Thanks,

God is so good! ;D
Congrats all u needed was to provide enough evidencr of continuation of relationship....its good news....tell us what u sent so new comers will have in mind incase they enter similar situations...
Thanks

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Firstlady said:
Good day guys,
Plz did anyone get email below, i was send the email this morning about cic survey

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is currently conducting a satisfaction survey with people who have used CIC's services. CIC has hired the EKOS firm to conduct the survey, on-line and by phone.

Your name has been randomly chosen from a list of people who received services from CIC in 2015.

This survey is available on-line only between February 25 and March 21, 2016. It will take about 20 minutes to complete.

You will be directed to the survey by clicking on the following link:
* CLICK HERE *

If you are unable to open the link above, please copy the full URL below into your browser:
https://97.ca/ekos/cwx.cgi?EN:02016:TARRJYSSSY

This survey is voluntary - you are under no obligation to participate. Your decision to participate or not will in no way affect any dealings you may have with CIC. All information collected will be kept strictly confidential - no individuals will be identified in any way.

We hope that you will take part in this important survey and help us to continue to improve the services provided by CIC.

For more information about the survey, or if you experience any difficulties completing the survey online, please contact Jeremie Blanc at sondageCICsurvey@ekos.com or 1-800-388-2873.

Thank you for taking the time to participate.

EKOS Research Associates, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aidez-nous à mieux vous servir. Votre opinion nous importe.

Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada (CIC) mène actuellement une étude sur la satisfaction des personnes qui ont eu recours aux services de CIC. CIC a engagé la firme EKOS pour effectuer ce sondage en ligne et par téléphone.

Votre nom a été sélectionné au hasard dans une liste de noms de personnes qui ont reçu des services offerts par CIC en 2015.

Le sondage n'est disponible en ligne que durant la période du 25 février au 21 mars 2016. Il ne vous faudra que 20 minutes environ pour y répondre.

Vous serez dirigé(e) vers le sondage en cliquant sur ce lien :
* CLIQUEZ ICI *

Si vous ne pouvez pas ouvrir le lien ci-dessus, veuillez copier dans votre navigateur l'adresse URL suivante au complet :
https://97.ca/ekos/cwx.cgi?FR:02016:TARRJYSSSY

La participation à ce sondage est facultative; vous n'êtes donc pas obligé d'y répondre. Votre décision d'y répondre ou non n'aura aucune incidence sur les démarches que vous avez entreprises auprès de CIC. Tous les renseignements recueillis seront strictement confidentiels; aucun répondant ne sera identifié, et ce, d'aucune façon.

Nous espérons que vous participerez à cet important sondage et que vous nous aiderez à améliorer les services offerts par CIC.

Pour obtenir de plus amples renseignements au sujet de ce sondage, ou si vous éprouvez des difficultés à le compléter en ligne, veuillez communiquer avec Jeremie Blanc à l'adresse sondageCICsurvey@ekos.com ou au 1-800-388-2873.

Merci de prendre le temps d'y participer.

Les Associés de recherche EKOS, Inc.
Hey first lady. On this thread, I am yet to read from anyone who received this email.
Let's wait and see what's next. CIC is unpredictable nowadays. Personally any news is GOODNEWS as long as it's not refusal. Participate and tell them what you think of their crapy process.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
bakanomics said:
If your file has been transferred to AVO already then go ahead with the Medicals. All the best.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Destinyba said:

Thanks,

God is so good! ;D
Yes. God is indeed good. Congratulations. Very happy for you. It is very necessary to send it if they request it. Please get all the requirements complete.
All the best and congrats again.