+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

olorvi

Nov 4, 2015
please sign the petition started by my spouse https://www.change.org/p/john-mccullam-visa-officers-abuse-their-power-keep-spouses-apart-based-opinion-not-proof-we-want-change

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
freshychichi said:
Hey Guys,

I gotta say that its good to join this site so i can get my mind off this long wait of this processes, so when do the start working on the file even though they added a third line that they started processing my application on feb 18th. And will it be too early to request for gcms from my file.
My advice is to be patient; you are only about 3 months into the waiting game.

*Mandie*

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
Does anyone have any idea what month Accra VO is working on right now... ??

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Tolexmi said:
Does anyone have any idea what month Accra VO is working on right now... ??
I am tempted to say April-May 2015 as that was the timeline for the person who last received PPR here. However there are still Jan -Mar 2015 applicants waiting...we all know how AVO is unpredictable :(
*Mandie*

lovelyn16

Feb 19, 2016
To God be the glory great things He has done………
I am extremely happy right now to announce to the HOUSE that I received 2 emails from AVO this afternoon, 1) is to send my passport and 2) The email about the Group Orientation session.
I thank God for you all, for your incredible wealth of experience and for your contributions on this thread. Over the months, this Thread has become my second Family.
To every single soul patiently waiting for that special day and that special good news, I wholeheartedly pray that Almighty God will step into your case and hand your visa into your hand.
It’s indeed a long journey but surely your joy will come in the morning
Love you all.

Destinyba

Sep 28, 2015
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
File Transfer...
Went in process Oct 9th 2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Interview........
None will be requested additional info requested Feb 1st
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2016
LANDED..........
He is on the way
Lovely what was your timeline if you don't mind me asking?

lovelyn16

Feb 19, 2016
Destinyba said:
Lovely what was your timeline if you don't mind me asking?
App. Filed.......: 17/02/15.
File Transfer...: 28/04/15.
1st Medical Done....: November 2014
Additional info to proof relationship sent September 2015.
2nd Medical Done…… October 2015.

Cisco85

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
File Transfer...
30-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Passport Req..
25-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
28-09-2016
lovelyn16 said:
To God be the glory great things He has done…......
I am extremely happy right now to announce to the HOUSE that I received 2 emails from AVO this afternoon, 1) is to send my passport and 2) The email about the Group Orientation session.
I thank God for you all, for your incredible wealth of experience and for your contributions on this thread. Over the months, this Thread has become my second Family.
To every single soul patiently waiting for that special day and that special good news, I wholeheartedly pray that Almighty God will step into your case and hand your visa into your hand.
It’s indeed a long journey but surely your joy will come in the morning
Love you all.

Congratulations.....Are you from the same country with your spouse ?

KingdomHeir

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1st
File Transfer...
July 3rd
Med's Done....
March 12th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb.3rd
VISA ISSUED...
Feb.18th
LANDED..........
March 12th
Sorry for bothering you, My passport has being with AVO since Feb.12th . I got mail from them on Feb.17th asking me to confirm if I would be able to travel before March 13th, my medical examination expiration date which I agreed immediately, and subsequently on Feb. 18th they confirmed the validity of my visa and also sent me invitation for pre departure orientation seminar. My ECAS changed to DECISION MADE on Feb 19th but surprisingly, I have not gotten mail from AVO to pick up my passport. Am kinda worried. House, what do u think?

freshychichi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2016
Med's Request
RE MEDICAL: 04-10-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/10/2016
KingdomHeir said:
Sorry for bothering you, My passport has being with AVO since Feb.12th . I got mail from them on Feb.17th asking me to confirm if I would be able to travel before March 13th, my medical examination expiration date which I agreed immediately, and subsequently on Feb. 18th they confirmed the validity of my visa and also sent me invitation for pre departure orientation seminar. My ECAS changed to DECISION MADE on Feb 19th but surprisingly, I have not gotten mail from AVO to pick up my passport. Am kinda worried. House, what do u think?

Congrats guys it seems like that God is working his miracle for us and please keep posting the good news and pls can you post your timeline please.

KingdomHeir

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1st
File Transfer...
July 3rd
Med's Done....
March 12th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb.3rd
VISA ISSUED...
Feb.18th
LANDED..........
March 12th
freshychichi said:
Congrats guys it seems like that God is working his miracle for us and please keep posting the good news and pls can you post your timeline please.
App. Filed : May 1st
Med : March 13th
Passport Req. : Feb 3rd

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Hello guys,please I need someone to enlighten me on application sent to accra under family class.I resided in Canada and I applied for my PR in June 2014 ,together with that of my family who resides in Nigeria.In short,They confirmed my PR here in Canada by February 9,2016 and they tranferred my family's file to Ghana I think before November 24,2015 and Ghana sent a letter to me on November24,2015 asking me to send my family application with some documents which I did and sent and got to them in Accra in December 8,2015.Since then I have not received any letter acknowledging the receipt of the application sent.Secondly,I want to ask if I can ask my family to go for medicals though they did not ask them to go for medical yet.Please somebody should give an insight because my family in Nigeria are worried.Thanks

mamadmama

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13th 2015
Doc's Request.
May 1st 2015..(Received May 20th 2015)
AOR Received.
April 8th 2015 ( sponsorship)
File Transfer...
June 4th (Decision made for SA)
Med's Request
May 1st upfront medical & more document
Med's Done....
June 12th 2015,Ecas changed to in process in Sept 2015
Interview........
Hopefully none,October 13th,requested for updated IMMM 0008 4& sponsor PIF,sent on Friday 16th.Package received on the 20th by AVO
Passport Req..
xxx
bakanomics said:
Hello guys,please I need someone to enlighten me on application sent to accra under family class.I resided in Canada and I applied for my PR in June 2014 ,together with that of my family who resides in Nigeria.In short,They confirmed my PR here in Canada by February 9,2016 and they tranferred my family's file to Ghana I think before November 24,2015 and Ghana sent a letter to me on November24,2015 asking me to send my family application with some documents which I did and sent and got to them in Accra in December 8,2015.Since then I have not received any letter acknowledging the receipt of the application sent.Secondly,I want to ask if I can ask my family to go for medicals though they did not ask them to go for medical yet.Please somebody should give an insight because my family in Nigeria are worried.Thanks
Nothing to worry about,AVO takes their time in processing applications but they will contact you when the needs arises.In regards to Medicals ,yes is good to do it upfront but you need to check online to know the address of CIC medical offices in Nigeria. It's a matter of waiting and praying.God will see everyone through.
Goodluck.

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
bakanomics said:
Under which category did u apply for ur pr? Did u move to canada from nigeria? Am trying to assetain the facts about ur case and how long it took for ur pr to be approved
But as madama said u have nothing to worry about...u are in the early stages...accra office is currently working on April applicants and urs is november so u will get there

Cisco85

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
File Transfer...
30-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Passport Req..
25-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
28-09-2016
KingdomHeir said:

why don't you give AVO a call or email them.