Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016 by God 's blessings
Congrat inhisowntime. I hope you get PPR by the end of the week in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

inHisowntime

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2015
File Transfer...
March 17, 2015 went "In process" Sept 7, 2015
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Passport Req..
Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
AVO rec. PP Oct. 9, 2015 & Visa Issued Oct. 19
LANDED..........
Landed Oct 25. Glory be to the Most High
whitelion said:
Congrat inhisowntime. I hope you get PPR by the end of the week in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen!!! I pray the good Lord speed this process and answer all our prayers!

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
inHisowntime said:
My husband's status is now "in process"
Cooool. I'm happy to see the progress.

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED - STATUS CHANGED 09OCT2015 IN PROCESS
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Based on what's appearing on the timelines, it appears AVO is about to hit applications for February 2015. So MercyOfGod and all who applied in the last months of 2014, you are next in line for joy! This is getting really exciting cause it means some of us who applied in March are gonna have a really awesome Christmas with our spouses/ We gonna have some real good news real soon!!!
livjer said:
The house is too quite why why what's happening members? ???

Orangecrush

Jun 10, 2015
inHisowntime said:
My husband's status is now "in process"
[/quote

That's good news, Accra is moving again.

What I don't get is I've noticed that some of us who applied later in the year as soon as our application was received in Accra it went into process right away. So does In Process mean anything anymore

femi990

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25- 02- 2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
May 20 2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
I m happy With the progress! Like I said Janary applicants should hear something this week so february applicants can prepare to hear from AVO soon!!!

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
12 may 2015, another doc requested on november 12, 2015
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
BENESTEL said:
Based on what's appearing on the timelines, it appears AVO is about to hit applications for February 2015. So MercyOfGod and all who applied in the last months of 2014, you are next in line for joy! This is getting really exciting cause it means some of us who applied in March are gonna have a really awesome Christmas with our spouses/ We gonna have some real good news real soon!!!
Yeah very soon we shall all hear a good news God is in control..feeling excited

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Good question Orangecrush

For us, application received changed to 'in process' on August 19. As of that date when we click on 'in process' it shows just 2 lines. When application was received and medical received. On the 26th, the status changed to 3 lines as below.
Permanent Residence
1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 7, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on March 31, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

At the end of the day, it's good to have updates, be it early or later. It gives us an idea that our file has not gone missing or something.

doveheart

Jan 29, 2015
So today I had an interview at the high commission in Accra.. 1. the IO didnt introduce himself so , I dnt know who interviewed me. 2. He said he doesn't have any issue with our relationship because it is genuine but his concern is my wife didn't include a divorce paper in the application. Now, my wife was in a traditional marriage otherwise known as English common law. There is no legal documentation to proof a traditional marriage . I explained to the IO that traditional marriage is informal and so parties involved may decide to go apart and re-marry without any court paper but the guy was making an argument out of it so, I had to keep quiet . Now he said he will sending his decision but we haven't read anything from him since I left there office today at about 11am.

My question is , why did Mississauga approved my wife when they knew traditional marriage is legal OR she supposed to get a divorce paper ???.. They asked us for additional proof on 2 different occasion and this issue wasn't raised???.. after waiting for 1yr .

inHisowntime

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2015
File Transfer...
March 17, 2015 went "In process" Sept 7, 2015
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Passport Req..
Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
AVO rec. PP Oct. 9, 2015 & Visa Issued Oct. 19
LANDED..........
Landed Oct 25. Glory be to the Most High
doveheart said:
So today I had an interview at the high commission in Accra.. 1. the IO didnt introduce himself so , I dnt know who interviewed me. 2. He said he doesn't have any issue with our relationship because it is genuine but his concern is my wife didn't include a divorce paper in the application. Now, my wife was in a traditional marriage otherwise known as English common law. There is no legal documentation to proof a traditional marriage . I explained to the IO that traditional marriage is informal and so parties involved may decide to go apart and re-marry without any court paper but the guy was making an argument out of it so, I had to keep quiet . Now he said he will sending his decision but we haven't read anything from him since I left there office today at about 11am.

My question is , why did Mississauga approved my wife when they knew traditional marriage is legal OR she supposed to get a divorce paper ???.. They asked us for additional proof on 2 different occasion and this issue wasn't raised???.. after waiting for 1yr .
First of all how did they know about the "traditional marriage" to begin with? If you did not have any legal documents to back the divorce and like you said it was just two people in a relationship which didn't work out how did the immigration officer know about it? I think you did awesome in your explanation to him and i think it shouldnt affect anything. I hope you hear some good news soon. The good Lord is in control.

Sep 8, 2015
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. Please I need help from anyone who is able to. I am a PR in Canada and I sponsored my spouse last year. We got married in June of 2013, been dating since December 2011. And we put application in last year August 2014. In October we were informed that form 1344 need to be an updated one which we sent to them immediately ( we were now in October ). By January 2015 I got an approval letter to sponsor and that file has been transferred to Accra. By April got an email that our marriage was not genuine that we needed to send in more proof within 3@ days. We complied and sent more proof. Everything requested was sent in. In July we got email asking my husband to come for interview on September 8 2015 ( today ). My husband went for the interview taking more proof of our marriage. But today, the officer told my husband on three different occasion that he knows our marriage is genuine that he can see that we are truly married and genuine but he said his only concern is that I did not submit a divorce certificate from my previous marriage which was a common law marriage. My husband told him yes that we did submit, he then looked through the files and picked the form out and told my husband this is not considered a divorce certificate. He then told my husband he will email his decision and gave my husband all our documents back, I mean every single thing we had ever sent in. Now I waited all day for the email he was going to send and nothing came. I've been worried all day because I don't know what this is. I asked my husband if the officer verbally told him his application was denied, but he said no, that the officer only said he will send his decision via email. Now my husband has been searching for that divorce paper since he got back to the hotel but it is no where to be found. He has searched cant find it. Now we are not sure if the officer kept that with him or not. We don't know what to do now. Please anyone have idea what this could mean. Really need answers, thank you.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
What was the document that you call a divorce paper but that the visa officer said was not a divorce paper?

It can take them a while to send the decision. We got ours weeks after the interview. It depends what they are doing - maybe the visa officer is looking into the legalities of traditional marriages and divorces.

florisak

May 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/28/15
AOR Received.
03/22/15
File Transfer...
03/24/15
Med's Done....
12/12/14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/03/15
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/15
LANDED..........
10/04/15
Don't lose hope Doveheart and Desperateforanswers. At least they did not tell you you've been denied right there and just like Canadianwoman said they will review your documents again before making a final decision. Don't worry if they gave you every document back, they already have it in their system. Keep the hopes high, God will come through.

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
inHisowntime said:
First of all how did they know about the "traditional marriage" to begin with?
The question above gives me a deep thought.
First l will say l hope everything turn out to be good for you because you,ve come a long way.

Now back to the fact of life in which we all need wisdom in every areas of our lives. If you want to judge me base on this message, l will welcome you but you need to ask yourself if you are a saint. I know some will say you don't need to make this kind of message public, if l do make it private how would others learn from making such mistakes in future. The government that gives us laws are ready to do many things to back the laws, government do a lot of things to safe a nation in good or in bad way, in truth or in lies, they need to safe the nation.

Do you know why the authority keep telling you at the point of arrest that anything you say or do will be use against you at the court of law? Sometime what we put down in our application jeopadize our application, how do they know about it? We all know the answer to that question, when you know in your mind that you do not have back up for your statement or actions at any point in time, l don't see the reason why you need to make such moves against yourself knowingly or unknowingly, the immigration staff are doing their job and they justify you base on what you and l put in the application...don't get me wrong here, l am not encouraging you to tell lies but things you know within yourself that you cannot get any back up for it, l don't see the point in bringing such into light, some even go to the extent of providing fake documents because they want to back themselves up in certain area...if you want to proof me wrong about this fact, l will give you examples in the government, in the holy books that we need to apply wisdom sometime in whatever we are doing.

A lot of people are scared of saying certain things on here, if l am scared and you are scared to say some things in a public, who is going to pass the knowledge, l am sad sometime when l see real and genuine people denied of their faith and those that play pranks got what they want because they learned the tricks and they speak the immigration languages and give them what they want to see.

These are the area that immigration lawyers or other lawyers take advantage of people by doing addition and subtraction of documents before presenting it at the court of law or any where it necessary.
I learned many things in the past from various embassies and l attended several seminars but every time you need to learn from people and their mistakes and this are the reason that this forum is helpful because of the information that generates from here.

I don't know how else l could pass this message accross to us than to make it public and if you want to express judgemental attitude or criticize me base on this message, be my guest.

My point is we need to be careful on what we say or put down in our applications.
We need to learn from one another, God bless.