+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

itsmytime

Dec 6, 2014
Tanx all, Mekus congratulations, if you want to leave for Canada immediately you receive ur visa you have to start packing ur bags bcos u will get ur passport request v soon

MEKUS

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-11-2014
AOR Received.
20-1-2015
File Transfer...
27-1-2015
Med's Done....
25-9-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-5-2015
VISA ISSUED...
1-6-2015
LANDED..........
16-9-2015
itsmytime said:
Tanx all, Mekus congratulations, if you want to leave for Canada immediately you receive ur visa you have to start packing ur bags bcos u will get ur passport request v soon
Thank you guys...MoH and itsmytime for your kind words. I can't wait. I will start getting ready to go to naija. Once the visa is ready, I will go and pick up my family.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Congratulations to those of you receiving visas and passports each day.my own happiness turned into sadness becos I was sick when my visa arrived.it's so beautiful to imagine the joy u guys are having to see the passports with visa.those who are still battling with cic should take heart.we shall all be here to help until there's no one else left here.enjoy the moment itsmytime.its a victory for u against gilliate cic.pokie u have almost enough but cic is unpredictable that's the only thing.dnt forget to do your medical upfront and also a dd proof of support ok?
Mekus you are nearing the end of the tunnel.you have less than 60 days to go decision making.Lamour how is the going? Am sure you getting yourself busy? Your next hearing should be a passport request.amaechi where are you? Pls dnt lose hope on cic they can make u very frustrated when you need their help. Love you all and waiting for you all here in Canada.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Ghanaboy said:
Congratulations to those of you receiving visas and passports each day.my own happiness turned into sadness becos I was sick when my visa arrived.it's so beautiful to imagine the joy u guys are having to see the passports with visa.those who are still battling with cic should take heart.we shall all be here to help until there's no one else left here.enjoy the moment itsmytime.its a victory for u against gilliate cic.pokie u have almost enough but cic is unpredictable that's the only thing.dnt forget to do your medical upfront and also a dd proof of support ok?
Mekus you are nearing the end of the tunnel.you have less than 60 days to go decision making.Lamour how is the going? Am sure you getting yourself busy? Your next hearing should be a passport request.amaechi where are you? Pls dnt lose hope on cic they can make u very frustrated when you need their help. Love you all and waiting for you all here in Canada.
Hey Ghanaboy
Thanks for dropping by. I have a couple of months to go, waiting patiently.
Have a good week ahead and please drop by from time to time. Very appreciated.

MEKUS

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-11-2014
AOR Received.
20-1-2015
File Transfer...
27-1-2015
Med's Done....
25-9-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-5-2015
VISA ISSUED...
1-6-2015
LANDED..........
16-9-2015
Hello All
This morning my wife got the PPR via email from Accra.......She woke me up this morning with excitement. Our journey is nearing end. Time to go to Naija. For everybody still waiting, if I can do it then anybody can. Stay on this forum, it helps a lot.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
MEKUS said:
Hello All
This morning my wife got the PPR via email from Accra.......She woke me up this morning with excitement. Our journey is nearing end. Time to go to Naija. For everybody still waiting, if I can do it then anybody can. Stay on this forum, it helps a lot.
Congratulations Mekus.
Goodnews is flowing from Accra.

kpalimeyovo

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 3, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 24, 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 15, 2014
Med's Done....
Sep 2014
Passport Req..
August 19
VISA ISSUED...
September 4
LANDED..........
September 9
MEKUS said:
Hello All
Congratulations!

Africanboy

Feb 24, 2015
MEKUS said:
Hello All
Congrats Mekus

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
lamour said:
Hey Ghanaboy
Thanks for dropping by. I have a couple of months to go, waiting patiently.
Have a good week ahead and please drop by from time to time. Very appreciated.
Hello Ghanaboy, enjoy the good weather finally..

Lamour they're already on November (Mekus is Nov) and they're moving faster. From Oct to Feb, they didn't receive a lot of applications because mississauga was slow in processing SA. So you only have 1.5 months (max 2)

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
MEKUS said:
Hello All
NICE..congrats!

Accra is on November applicants now. Great news

Africanboy

Feb 24, 2015
MoH1979 said:
NICE..congrats!

Hello MoH1979, please how long did it take for you to get a response from Accra after your ecas status changed to Decision Made? Thanks.

MEKUS

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-11-2014
AOR Received.
20-1-2015
File Transfer...
27-1-2015
Med's Done....
25-9-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-5-2015
VISA ISSUED...
1-6-2015
LANDED..........
16-9-2015
MoH1979 said:
NICE..congrats!

Thanks to you all! I am still on cloud 9. I have always believed that CIC can only waste our time but they can never stop what has been destined. Lamour, it will be over before you know it. Give yourself end of June.

MoH, part of the email they sent this morning show the following:

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:

☐ Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.

☐ PASSPORTS. Check that:
• There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passports.
• Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa.
• Each passport has sufficient free pages (two required for our visa, plus pages for any transit visa)

☐ TWO (2) PHOTOS FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER These photographs must be taken with a WHITE BACKGROUND, not be stapled, glued or pinned (you can paperclip or attach them using an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. Photograph specifications are included with this letter.

PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS LETTER IN YOUR ENVELOPE.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section - KAS

Since my children are not included in my wife's sponsorship (they are Canadians) and there has been no changes in my family, is it necessary to fill out another IMM8 forms?

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
MEKUS said:
Thanks to you all! I am still on cloud 9. I have always believed that CIC can only waste our time but they can never stop what has been destined. Lamour, it will be over before you know it. Give yourself end of June.

MoH, part of the email they sent this morning show the following:

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:

☐ Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.

☐ PASSPORTS. Check that:
• There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passports.
• Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa.
• Each passport has sufficient free pages (two required for our visa, plus pages for any transit visa)

☐ TWO (2) PHOTOS FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER These photographs must be taken with a WHITE BACKGROUND, not be stapled, glued or pinned (you can paperclip or attach them using an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. Photograph specifications are included with this letter.

PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS LETTER IN YOUR ENVELOPE.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section - KAS

Since my children are not included in my wife's sponsorship (they are Canadians) and there has been no changes in my family, is it necessary to fill out another IMM8 forms?
Yes you have to fill it out. I was in the same situation. My son is Canadian and there was no changes but you must fill it out and also attach a note saying that nothing has changed. Fill out what's applicable but make sure to write the note. Also, send a copy of the PPR email and fill in the bottom section where they ask about height etc. Add the pictures and you're golden my friend.

Expect the passport in 1-2 weeks

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
MoH1979 said:
NICE..congrats!

Please I would like to know when you said Accra are on November application, are you talking about application filled in November or application transferred in November...because to my knowledge, once you passed the first stage of approval, you have nothing to do with cic in Canada, the VO takes over from second stage, and if l can view things from here like MEKUS the application was transfer in January and that means they are on file transferred in January...if this is not true, you can shed more lights, thank you.

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Africanboy said:
Hello MoH1979, please how long did it take for you to get a response from Accra after your ecas status changed to Decision Made? Thanks.
Hello! I was wondering what happened to you? you got decision made?

Well to all the members, actually I never heard back from Accra after I sent in the passport. It's funny but I was tracking the DHL package since I had included a prepaid return envelope. Once I realized the return envelope left the embassy I asked my wife to go and pick it up. She picked it up and she got the visa. But I never heard from Accra to go and pick it up.

So I got my PPR and about 2 weeks later, I tracked the package and went to pick up. I got decision made on April 21 and picked up the package 2 or 3 days later.