08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Gonja said:
I really need help I got this message this afternoon

Dear Gonja

This refers to your application for permanent in Canada as a member of the Family Class.

Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is
(a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;
Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonable requires.
Specifically, I have concerns that the birth Certificate Entry No. ***** in the name of Gonja (dob: *******) and the passport issued in the name of Gonja (****, dob: ****) which you have provided in support of your application are fraudulent and improperly obtained. I have concern you have not declared your true identity and that you have a different name and different date of birth. Specifically I have concern your true identity is gaga , dob: (******)
It is noted that you were included as a non-accompanying dependent on your father's application for permanent residence. I note you did not submit a birth certificate issued at time of birth or your educational documents on the current application. The non-disclosure of your true identity prevents the officer from completing a reliable background check.
Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. Furthermore, as I have concerns you have not disclosed your true identity it calls into question the legality of your marriage. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

Further, I note you did not declare your previous United States visa refusal on your Schedule A.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation

(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information in this regard. Please respond using the address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence.

If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer
Immigration Section
Sorry to hear about this.Hang in there and follow the others' suggestion and I wish you all the best. Misrepresentation is a big deal but I'm sure it's a misunderstanding and it will be cleared out

Gonja

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 October 2014
Doc's Request.
23 April 2015 and 6 may 2015
File Transfer...
27 January 2015
Med's Done....
1 sep 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2015
LANDED..........
8 August 2015
Thank you all, praying for the best. God is in control

MEKUS

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-11-2014
AOR Received.
20-1-2015
File Transfer...
27-1-2015
Med's Done....
25-9-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-5-2015
VISA ISSUED...
1-6-2015
LANDED..........
16-9-2015
Gonja said:
I really need help I got this message this afternoon

Dear Gonja

This refers to your application for permanent in Canada as a member of the Family Class.

Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is
(a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;
Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonable requires.
Specifically, I have concerns that the birth Certificate Entry No. ***** in the name of Gonja (dob: *******) and the passport issued in the name of Gonja (****, dob: ****) which you have provided in support of your application are fraudulent and improperly obtained. I have concern you have not declared your true identity and that you have a different name and different date of birth. Specifically I have concern your true identity is gaga , dob: (******)
It is noted that you were included as a non-accompanying dependent on your father's application for permanent residence. I note you did not submit a birth certificate issued at time of birth or your educational documents on the current application. The non-disclosure of your true identity prevents the officer from completing a reliable background check.
Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. Furthermore, as I have concerns you have not disclosed your true identity it calls into question the legality of your marriage. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

Further, I note you did not declare your previous United States visa refusal on your Schedule A.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation

(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information in this regard. Please respond using the address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence.

If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer
Immigration Section

Sorry about this Gonja. My prayers are with you. Please do not be discouraged. CIC letters always seems like the end of the world but it is not. Find a good immigration lawyer to sort it out. I am sure there is a good and plausible explanation. Good Luck and God bless!

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Gonja said:
Thank you all, praying for the best. God is in control
First I would like to ask you some questions, I wanna know if the applicant live in Canada before or ever set his or her foot in Canada, 2nd, have you ever applied under someone before or have you ever applied to the US before with your information, let us know all these so as to know which advice to give, thank you, l hope l am not asking wrong questions

pokie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
09-Sept-2015. "In process" 10-Sept-2015. Accra started processing Sept 23,2015. Medicals results received Oct 14,2015.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 21, 2016, didnt see the email until May 31,201. Passport sent to VO June 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
Hi wonderful ppl, after going through this forum, i have decided to ask these questions before putting my hubby's application inorder to have everything needed complete without been asked for additional docs. as proof of our authentic marriage, we have the following:

marriage invitation card
wedding, reception, thanksgiving pictures
outing pictures
pictures of us doing things together with our 5 month old daughter
joint business account
opened a business together
chat and call history
my travel itineraries going bk to visit him last year and this yr
tickets from our trips last yr
letters from friends and family.

what other proofs do we need????

thanks in advance

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
pokie said:
Hi wonderful ppl, after going through this forum, i have decided to ask these questions before putting my hubby's application inorder to have everything needed complete without been asked for additional docs. as proof of our authentic marriage, we have the following:

marriage invitation card
wedding, reception, thanksgiving pictures
outing pictures
pictures of us doing things together with our 5 month old daughter
joint business account
opened a business together
chat and call history
my travel itineraries going bk to visit him last year and this yr
tickets from our trips last yr
letters from friends and family.

what other proofs do we need????

thanks in advance
You have more than enough :)

pokie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
09-Sept-2015. "In process" 10-Sept-2015. Accra started processing Sept 23,2015. Medicals results received Oct 14,2015.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 21, 2016, didnt see the email until May 31,201. Passport sent to VO June 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
MoH1979 said:
You have more than enough :)
Thanks MoH! If you don't mind, can you list the stuff you submitted as proof of your marriage?

itsmytime

Dec 6, 2014
Hello all,
I received my passport today from accra, d journey is over.
The feeling of been a Canadian immigrant is awesome, my husband is in 9ja we will be leaving 2gether wen he is going back to calgary. Everybody waiting for their PR you will all receive good news soon, just have patience everything is working for your good. God bless u all.

pokie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
itsmytime said:
Hello all,
The feeling of been a Canadian immigrant is awesome, my husband is in 9ja we will be leaving 2gether wen he is going back to calgary. Everybody waiting for their PR you will all receive good news soon, just have patience everything is working for your good. God bless u all.
congrats!!!!

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
itsmytime said:
Hello all,
Congratulations. Very happy for you.
Have a nice travel.

MEKUS

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-11-2014
AOR Received.
20-1-2015
File Transfer...
27-1-2015
Med's Done....
25-9-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-5-2015
VISA ISSUED...
1-6-2015
LANDED..........
16-9-2015
Hi All,
After sending the requested documents to Accra which they received on May 5, I checked Ecas yesterday morning and my wife's status has changed from "Application Received" to "In Process". Does this mean that the journey is almost over? Does anyone know how long after In Process to passport request?. Am just anxious and the wait is becoming unbearable. Thanks

blacky

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
03-08-15 comp.reg. docs & salary acc stmt
Nomination.....
03-02-15
AOR Received.
03-03-15
IELTS Request
sent with Apps
File Transfer...
16-7-16 bank statement verification
Med's Request
23-02-17
Med's Done....
06-03-17
Interview........
2-5-17 RPRF+Pcc+pof+updated forms
Passport Req..
7-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
21-8-17
LANDED..........
october 2017
very sorry gonja,but please follow ghanaboys advice
it will end in praise for u.
dont u give up,pls.

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
MEKUS said:
Hi All,
After sending the requested documents to Accra which they received on May 5, I checked Ecas yesterday morning and my wife's status has changed from "Application Received" to "In Process". Does this mean that the journey is almost over? Does anyone know how long after In Process to passport request?. Am just anxious and the wait is becoming unbearable. Thanks
In process in Accra means you're done. Mine was in process for a few hours then I got my PPR.

Congrats!

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
pokie said:
Thanks MoH! If you don't mind, can you list the stuff you submitted as proof of your marriage?
With the application, I only put pictures of the engagement and marriage ceremony and a few pictures of outings together. Also visas showing I visited and the marriage certificate. That's it. When I saw how people package their applications I was nervous that she will be called for interview because people send many more things.

So then without them asking me, I sent them chat logs and bank statements and that was it ( i don't even know if they got those)

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
itsmytime said:
Hello all,
Big Congrats!